This one is rough.

i will get higher wattage asap. i just have to find it first. 150 is the highest wattage i can find in my area.

on another topic for a moment i have a legal question. I was arrested on vacation this summer for smoking on the beach. I did waive my rights all over the place unfortunatley. I was unaware i could just be like no i dont consent. BUT the arresting officer didnt read me my rights. I had a bowl, papers, 2 grinders, and less than a gram left from a half ounce... of what was some pretty good bud i must add. lol. very glad i didnt get caught with any more seeing that 5 grams is a federal offense in the states. It was stupid i know. but you can bet your ass i won't be carrying so much ever again. but back to the rights. dont they have to read you your rights no matter what?

if there's no witness on the rights thing or a tape you're possibly screwed
that stuff is a different threasd topbulb.com has high wattage CFLs last i checked they had a 7000 lumen draws 85 watt blue and redish bulbs for around 20$ each regular light socket

yopu can build a nice temporary system ventalator with cardboard duct tape and recycled computer fans use a 12 volt car or motorcycle battery charger

again look up boss's poor man grow by the way the real lumen reading for most bulbs is at the surface or within an inch or so

MH/HPS are too hot to place plants close CFLs and LEDs you can place plants close
4-6 CFLs of mixed warm [red] and daylight[ blue] should do it for your tiny space
the footprint is 2x3 you want a minimum of 12,000 lumens
if you can find CFLs using 85 watts 4 would give anywhere from
16,000-28,000 lumens depending on brand age and distance from plants

am estimating lumens down for practical averages lumen at 6 inches from CFL is half or quarter what it is at 2-3 inches

is the cabinet painted flat white inside [mylar would hold in more heat]

rather than pulleys or chains to raise or lower lights try small boards and bricks or books like bookshelves put the books in plastic grocery bags to avoid water damage lower shelf as needed to allow growth

look up 12/12 from seed and trimming /training methods

if i use a 3-4 inch pot for seedlings i don;t transplant until plant
is 8 inches talll and welll established i wouldn't ever transplant
until i had several sets of regular leaves not the seedling leaves

unless you are a tech geek and or have a hydro coach i would do soil for a first grow

topbulb has 85 watt 333watt equivalent bulbs CFL depending on style 16$-27$ tech specs say 5ooo lumens blue color temp

how big are the cups ? dixie cup styrofoam coffee plastic kegger either way let the plant outgrow the root space some
you'll have less repotting loss look up when to transplant on a regular gardening site or get a gardening book from library /bookstore

20 oz water bottles cut in half. what about 2 85 watt cfls with color temp 5000
and 2 105 wat cfls with color temp 2700?

thats blue and red right? or is that bad to put both together?

Great! This is definatley going to take a lot longer than i expected. but its a great way to feel accomplishment. I've gotten way further already than i thought i would for my first time. And these forums are extremely informational as well. good stuff.. 3 plants wont smell too bad right?

purple stalk? is that bad?
and i think i may have a problem.
the temp in my closet is like 89 degrees under the cfls.. i have no means other than a fan of cooling it down...I have an air conditioner but its stuck on full blast and it get like 50 degrees when left on. I could keep turning on and off but im not really home from 9 am to 6 pm because of work. i had a drape across to reflect the light back but i took it down to allow the heat to leave the area. i did turn the ac on for a bit tho and the temp dropped for 89.9 to about 78 but when i turn it off it will probably jump right back up to 89. any ideas?

lets see....I re arranged a bit and opened the closet door a little more in order to get the temp to stay down. so i think thats ok now it doesnt really get above 84 at max under the lights. i think it may have been a heat issue. because the stalk is still purple but not nearly as dark. as far as nutes the only thing ihave access too in my area is miracle grow. shitty i know. but right now im using a VERY SMALL amount of 8-7-6. they seem to be growing right along. I think its been since the 11th that i planted them in soil. If i can ever find that damn camera cord i will give you some pictures. Im still running on 2700k lights. i did run into some 26w (=100w) cfls that were 6500k. i might get like 2 of them until i can get 2 85w 6000k.

antoher question. LED lights. where do you find them and how much do they run?

is the AC built in or a plug in in the window?

plug in AC put it on a timer on 1 hour offf 1-2 hours

built in get a progranmmable thermstat

fan on the floor blowing cooler fresh air toward grow area

get a max/min thermomoter you reset it manually every day
about 20 $ -30

its ok to have a difference between day and night temps
warmer night temps produce definate phyical differences in plants
? shorter height, more nodes , more flowers etc
can't find refs for differing families plants and temps

day length is probably more important than light color this early
though i would keep the lights [CFLs] real close to prevent stretching

dually noted damago.
thank you.

and it is plug in so i will get a timer. and the cfls are roughly 2 inches from the ladies. they seem to be doing well. they started getting a little droopy so i watered them. they perked right up. :yummy:

now we are rolling along nicely. im borrowing a cord for my camera today so i will have pics up hopefully by tomarrow if the cord fits. i read somewhere in a thread to cut a straw into a small peice and put it around the stem just into the dirt to help my tall plant stay up. so i did. and its working great. 2 of my ladies are around 3-4 inches tall now. One is about 1 1/2 inches and a little deformed. it only grew with one leaf in the first set. but the second set is VERY SLOWLY coming in. I hope she makes it.

when i get some pics ill move this to the grow journals..i guess thats where it should be.

Theyll come through for you, just keep doing what your doing. Another way of keeping a young plants stalk stable is to simply fill your pot up with dirt up to the first set of leaves. When they get 2 weeks old (WILL take longer with CFLs) you should start givng them some good doses of Nitrogen. Try fish emulsion, its cheap and effective.

Back
Top Bottom