This rookie needs some fast flower grow tips!

Bigdizzle

420 Member
Hey ya'll!

New to growing and to this site. Just got some White Russian fast flower and was hoping someone that has experience with fast flowering could weigh in. I followed the instructions from the company I bought them from, the seeds germinated in 2 days and are about an inch long.

The questions I have are:
Should I plant directly into 5 gallon pot?
Should I plant them in smaller pots for a few weeks then transfer?
Do I bring them inside or cover them when it rains?
Do I need to do anything with the plant like spread out the canopy or trim the stems?

I watched some videos from blusky organics which seemed helpful but they didnt mention fast flowering strains.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Are they auto flowering or just fast to finish?
If they're autos i would put them in a pot and leave them alone.
Of they're a fast finishing strain it's up to you how long you want to veg. The longer you veg the bigger the yield.
I just harvested my first fast plant last week and the yield was a little small but the smell and flavor is good!

Are they auto flowering or just fast to finish?
If they're autos i would put them in a pot and leave them alone.
Of they're a fast finishing strain it's up to you how long you want to veg. The longer you veg the bigger the yield.
I just harvested my first fast plant last week and the yield was a little small but the smell and flavor is good!

I don't believe they are auto's, no. I got them from cropkings.ca they are in their own category called "fast flower". It stated they will flower in 50-60 days.

Thanks for the quick reply

Cool! Just looked them up. Very interesting how they used some auto genetics to get there.
Mine was an industrial plant that was finished at day 45 of flower.
That being said you can train and clone to your heart's delight and then when you're ready to flower they'll be done a few weeks sooner than other strains.
To get the most out of it you could train them into a big bush, take a few cuttings and once the cuttings have rooted pop the donor "mom" into flower. Then by the time she's done you'll have clones that should be vegged enough to flower, take a few cuttings and repeat! Then you'll have a nice little perpetual garden rolling from one seed!

Haven't seen a photo seed go from seed to harvest in 50 - 60 days. That sounds like an Auto to me & another seed bank exaggerating how fast it finishes by 2 - 4 weeks like usual. I've never had an Auto finish in the time the breeder stated. Always took 2 - 4 weeks longer. My N.L. Auto took over 16 weeks from seed to harvest.

Oh daaaang. Ya i kinda figured it was too good to be true, after digging a bit I guess they get bigger than auto's but still need 12/12 to flower then the flowering time is suppose to be on fast forward? Shoulda just got an auto

Welcome to the forum @Bigdizzle :welcome:

Yeah...what they said ^^^^ :popcorn:
Haven't seen a photo seed go from seed to harvest in 50 - 60 days. That sounds like an Auto to me & another seed bank exaggerating how fast it finishes by 2 - 4 weeks like usual. I've never had an Auto finish in the time the breeder stated. Always took 2 - 4 weeks longer. My N.L. Auto took over 16 weeks from seed to harvest.
Damn :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: I got some of those on the way too...16 effn weeks huh :jawdropper:

Oh daaaang. Ya i kinda figured it was too good to be true, after digging a bit I guess they get bigger than auto's but still need 12/12 to flower then the flowering time is suppose to be on fast forward? Shoulda just got an auto
Auto's can get pretty darn big. I had a grow with 6 Auto's & 4 out of 6 got over 6' tall. In a tent that's hell to deal with. The N.L. was one of them. That one got so big it fell over & I had to harvest about a week earlier then I planned.
I'm not a fan of Auto's so I'm growing my last 2 auto seeds now. All Photo Fems after this. I like the control I have to veg as long as I want & take clones.

Auto's can get pretty darn big. I had a grow with 6 Auto's & 4 out of 6 got over 6' tall. In a tent that's hell to deal with. The N.L. was one of them. That one got so big it fell over & I had to harvest about a week earlier then I planned.
I'm not a fan of Auto's so I'm growing my last 2 auto seeds now. All Photo Fems after this. I like the control I have to veg as long as I want & take clones.

Had a little Jack and the beanstock situation on your hands eh? Haha dang thats tall. Im planning on growing this thing outside, think ill be ok if i get er in the ground in the next week or two. What do ya think?

Had a little Jack and the beanstock situation on your hands eh? Haha dang thats tall. Im planning on growing this thing outside, think ill be ok if i get er in the ground in the next week or two. What do ya think?
Long as weather & light permits I see no reason not to.

Yeah, was a bit much ...lol.
GEDC5535.JPG
GEDC5554.JPG

Back
Top Bottom