This Year's Outdoor 2013 Garden Diary - By JTG And Wife!

Well All, WE ARE BACK:high-five:!!! This Years Garden Diary Will Be Much The Same As Last Years Diary, Except For The Sake Of ALL OF US, I Hope This One Is Not Interrupted By A Friendly Visit From LEO!!!:thedoubletake: Last Year I Did Not Get To Finish The Diary As I Would Have Hoped, Since The Sheriffs Came To My Door And Noticed My 25 Plant LEGAL Garden(THEY WERE THERE BECAUSE SOME BOZO TRIED TO BOUNCE A BALANCE TRANSFER CHECK TO THE TUNE OF OVER A 1,000 DOLLARS!!!), And Happened To Notice My Garden, The Check Was Soon Forgotten, As They Went Through My Garden, Believing That I Had WAY More Than 25 Plants, I Did Not, But They Had To SEE FOR THEMSELVES!!!:laughtwo: Boy Were They Surprised When They Realized I Was Not BS'ing Them!!! One Officer Said I Had The Biggest Garden He Had Ever Seen, In Almost 20yrs Of Being A LEO. I Was(BY THE SARGENT) Told That Since We All Knew One Another From The Gun Club, And Tactical Training From JTF Maneuvers, I Had ONE WEEK To Get It All Down, And The Sargent Said He Had Better Not Hear That I Had Been Selling Any Of It Either, Or There Would Be Hell To Pay!!!

I Had That Garden Up And Fully Harvested Three Days Later, Working Day And Night, Since It Was All Ready To Come In Anyways, Or Ripe Enough To As Not Really Matter, It Did No Lasting Harm To Me Or The Garden To Bring It In:partyboy:!!! Although Creeping Around The House With Herb Hanging Every Where Is A Royal Pain In The Arse:loopy:!!! Most Of The Main Plants, Except For The Small Bottom Kolas On Them, Had Been Brought In By This Time Anyways. What Was Left Were The HOG X ORANGE KRUSHES, The Mazari-Shareefs And A Couple Of Highland Kushes That I Was Letting Go Longer(EITHER OUT OF LAZINESS, OR AS I LIKE TO LIE TO MYSELF AND SAY"I WAS JUST LETTING THEM GET A LITTLE RIPER, LOL!!!"). But Outside Of LEO Coming, Last Years Harvest, Quality Wise,Amount,Taste High, ETC, Was Perhaps One Of My Best Years Ever!!! Although After 20 Years, It Seems Like I Say That Every Year:high-five:!!! I Guess It Would Be Pretty LAME, After 20 YRS Things Did NOT Seem Better After Year After Year, That Would Mean I Was Regressing, Not Progressing, So I Guess I Ought To Be Happy, YES???

This Years Garden Is A Many Miles Away From Last Years Garden, I Did Not Think It Prudent To Grow Here This Year, As I Am Sure Anyone With Any Sense Would Have To Agree With:scratchinghead:. The Spot I Am Growing At Now, Is The Spot Where I Started Growing ALL THOSE SEASONS AGO. It Is About 10 Degrees Warmer There, And Is Where I Grew My Largest Plant Ever(HEIGHT WISE, The Punta Roja Landrace Sativa, That No BS, Grew To 23ft In Height, And About 12 FT In Girth:blalol:!!!) I Believe I Also Grew An Afghani Here That Came Out In Total Dried And Manicured Weight To About 8-10 LBS. The Heat Here In This Spot, With No Bastard Landlord To Limit My Water Supply (AS WE HAVE A PUMP THAT RUNS FROM THE RIVER TO THE HOUSES GARDEN LINES, AND AS WE HAVE WATER RIGHTS TO THE RIVER!!!) I No Longer, At Least, Have To Fret Over How Much Water My Ladies Need, I Can Water As Much As I Want!!! Within Reason Of Course, Never Want To Over Water, Unless I Want Dead Plants Of Course. I Have Noticed That A Lot Of Growers(THE INEXPERIENCED, AND THE HARD HEADED,LIKE MY LANDLORD) Seem To Think That The Plants Want To Be Kept Moist ALL THE TIME:trance:. This Is A Complete Fallacy!!! Plants Want To Well Watered,Well Fed,Well Sunned, LOVED And They Also Want To Be Allowed To Dry Out As Well. Think Of Your Containers Or Holes As Lungs, When You Water Them, It Is Like A Lung Filling Up With Air, But Also Like A Lung, They Need To Breathe Out That Air(WATER IN THIS CASE), Get Dry Again, So The Roots Can Breathe, Then Be Watered Again Like A Fresh Breath Of Air. Wet, Then Dry(NOT DRY TO THE POINT OF WILTING OF COURSE!!!) But It Is Obvious When They Are Ready To Be Watered Again. I Always Look For A Little(NOT A LOT) Of Drooping, Since I Have 100 Gallon Containers, I Always Check The Drainage Holes At The Bottom Of My Containers, And If I Stick My Fingers In The Drainage Holes, And I Encounter Only Dry, Or Mostly Dry Soil, And The Plants Look Like They Could Use A Drink, Then That Is The Day To Water And FEED!!!:theband: If You Do This, You Should Have "NO PROBLEMS WITH ROOT ROT,STUNTED GROWTH, AND ALL... THE OTHER MYRIAD OF PROBLEMS THAT COME ALONG WITH OVER WATERING,INCLUDING PESTS AS WELL!!!" I Have Learned ALL OF THIS THROUGH EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE COLLECTED ON MY OWN, AS WELL AS BEING TAUGHT TO ME BY MY LATE MENTOR, WHO WAS NEVER WRONG, IN ANYTHING THAT HAD TO DO WITH GROWING THAT IS,BTW, HE MIGHT HAVE BEEN A REDNECK/HIPPY/,WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL HIM. But He Was Also A VET(AN ARMY RANGER IN NAM,And If Any Of You Out There Have Heard Of HILL 875 In The Nam, That Should Give You A Pretty Good Idea Of What Type Of Man He Was:phew:!!! I LOVE AND MISS HIM.

Now To This Years Garden, I Have Not Taken ANY PICTURES AS OF YET, But Believe ME, They Are Forthcoming, I Just Needed To Do This Little Intro, So As To Let All You Folks Know, That As Long As Y's Health Holds Up(FINGERS CROSSED, AS SHE IS FAR FROM BEING ANY WHERES NEAR OUT OF THE WOODS AS YET, BUT AT LEAST SHE IS DOING SOMEWHAT BETTER, WHY, THEY HAVE NO CLUE,I THINK IT IS PRAYER FROM A LOT OF PEOPLE, BOTH NEAR AND FAR, THANKS ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE PRAYED FOR HER, I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES, I THINK I OWE ALL OF YOU A GREAT DEBT OF GRATITUDE:amen:!!!) Got Side Tracked There A Bit, SORRY!!! This Year I Am Of Course Planting My HEIRLOOM KUSHES,HIGHLAND KUSHES,WHITE WIDOW(I THINK, NOT SURE I LIKE THE WAY THEY LOOK THOUGH!!!) MAZARI-SHAREEF X DJ SHORT BLUEBERRY, PURPLE DRAGON,ORANGE KRUSH, ALEEKA(A HAWAIIAN INDICA DOMINANT), And A Few Others That Slip My Mind For The Moment, But I Will Name Them When Check My Tags Again, And Make A Schematic Of The Garden. GOD, It Sure Is Nice Not To Have To Deal With OLD WATER MISER(I COULD HAVE USED HARSHER WORDS FOR HIM, BUT THAT WOULD SEEM DISHONORABLE, AS I WOULD SAY THEM TO HIS FACE AS OPPOSED TO WRITING THEM DOWN BEHIND HIS BACK, SHOULD I EVER FEEL INCLINED TO DO SO, BUT YOU GET MY DRIFT I SUPPOSE:hmmmm:.

Since Where My New Garden Is, I Will Have To Probably Have To Water(HAVE MY HELPERS WATER THAT IS!!!) On A More Regular Basis, Once The True Heat Really Comes On:straightface:. I Am The Only ONE, That Is Allowed To Fertilize,Reason Being, I Know Folks Like To Take Shortcuts, Or Not Follow Directions To The Tee. I Cannot Count How Many Times I Have Shown Up To See What The Help Was Up To, And Asked Them POINT BLANK, RECITE THE DIRECTIONS OF WHAT IS TO BE THE NUTRIENT MIXTURE, And More Times Than I Care To Remember They Cannot(EVEN AFTER HAVING JUST READ THE RATIOS FROM THE LIST, BE UNABLE TO TELL ME WHAT THEY JUST ADDED TO THE PLANTS:thedoubletake:!!! And Many A Times, I Would Catch Them Just Feeding, Without Watering First!!! That Will Kill Your Crop Quicker Than Pouring Gasoline On Them If Not Caught In Time(THESE PEOPLE ARE NEVER MY FAMILY,THANKFULLY, MY FAMILY KNOWS BETTER:loopy:!!! And To Top It Off, They Could Not Tell Me What They Had Added, Even Though It Had Been Like 20 Minutes Prior, That They Had Supposedly Just Added ALL The Nutrients I Had Impressed Upon Them To Add!!! Needless To Say, I Would Relieve Them Of Their Duties, And As Always, Wind Up Being The One That Fertilized From That Point On Ward. That Way I Knew For Sure It Was Done Right. My Soil Mixture Is 3 PARTS OCEAN FOREST POTTING SOIL TO 4 Parts Happy Frog, With 12LBS Of Super Fert Added To Each 100 Gallon Container. In The Event You Have Not Read My 2012 Garden Diary, SUPER FERT Is A Special Mixture(HOMEMADE) By My Late Mentors Friend That Lives In CHICO. The SUPER FERT Is A Mixture He Came Up With Several Decades Ago, And Although He Designed It For Cannabis, It Works Just As Well On Tomatoes,String Peas,Squash You Name It, The SUPER FERT Seems To Be MAGIC On Anything It Is Used On, At Least I Have Never Seen Anything It Failed To Make Special After Adding It. We Get Tomatoes The Size Of Soft Balls, If Tended Well And Lovingly, And None Of The Plants We Use It On Ever Get A Foul Taste To Them From Using It, Like Some Amendments Do To Plants. SUPER FERT IS ALL ORGANIC, And The Longer It Is In The Soil The More It Breaks Down, Allowing The Plants To Uptake It More And More. I Especially Like The Super Fert During Flowering, As That Is When I Believe It Adds The Most Of It's Goodness To The Plants, By This Time The P Has Broken Down Well Enough For The Plants To Absorb It All, As Well As The K. The Nitrogen Is Usually Mostly Used Up By This Time, As During The Vegetative Time Of The Plants Growth, It Goes Directly Into The Plants Being That It Is Nitrogen And Breaks Down Easier For The Plant To Uptake,BLOOD,EARTHWORM CASTINGS,CHICKEN SHIT,ETC. I Do Not Know All The Ingredients In This Secret Mixture, But I Know It Has All I Have Already Mentioned, Plus Guano(BAT)LIME,Calcium And Many Other Things, He WILL NOT SHARE!!!:adore:I Have NEVER USED A BETTER MIXTURE, But I Sure Hope He'll Confide In Me The Recipe Someday(ALTHOUGH IT IS NICER FOR ME THAT HE MAKES IT), But A Man Cannot Live Forever, And He Is In His Mid 70's, I Hope He Deems Me Trustworthy Enough To Someday Let Me Earn His Recipe, It Would Be A Shame To See It Disappear From This World Someday:yikes:!!!

Well This Is The First Entry To This Years Diary, Any Questions,Ideas, No Matter How Dumb "YOU MIGHT" Think They Are, Please Ask, The Dumbest Question Is The One That Is Never Asked!!! It Appears I Have On A Long Time, Please Forgive Me, It Has Been Awhile Since I Actually Sat Before This Computer And Typed To My Hearts Content, So Sorry If I Am A Bit Overwinded:goof:!!!

I Will Try To Have Some Pictures Posted After I Feed And Water After This Coming Friday, So Bear With Me. I Will Try To Add A Few Of Last YRS Pictures To This First Post, I Hope It Works!!!
Last_5_2012_033.JPG
Last_5_2012_015.JPG
Blueberry_DJ_SHORT_X_Heirloom_Kush_037.JPG
Blueberry_DJ_SHORT_X_Heirloom_Kush_035.JPG
A_Great_Day_Harvesting_2012_056.JPG
A_Great_Day_Harvesting_2012_055.JPG
A_Great_Day_Harvesting_2012_026.JPG
Harvest_Bounty_OCT_4th_015.JPG
Last_Day_Of_Sptember_The_30th_Final_Pics_of_the_Month_038.JPG
NIGHT_TIME_IN_GARDEN_2012_SEPT_27-28_066.JPG
NIGHT_TIME_IN_GARDEN_2012_SEPT_27-28_004.JPG
NIGHT_TIME_IN_GARDEN_2012_SEPT_27-28_001.JPG
First_Harvest_2012_Start_Sept_19th_0401.JPG
First_Harvest_2012_Start_Sept_19th_039.JPG
First_Harvest_2012_Start_Sept_19th_037.JPG

Re: This Years Outdoor 2013 Garden Diary- By JTG And Wife!!!

Woohoo!!!

Rock on James
:allgood:

Thanks BUCK!!! And You Know What BUCK, There's Squirrels In The NEW Garden TOO!!! Feeling Hungry, Got My .410 Loaded And Ready For Action, But You Know ME And Squirrels BUCK, I'll Let Them See If They Stay Away For A Couple More Days, But If They Don't, Well I Have Not Had Pan Fried Squirrel In Awhile!! Sounds Good Actually, What Say You(I KNOW WHAT SAY YOU, I BELIEVE!!!,LOL) SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

now I'm here :cheer::party::yummy::lot-o-toke::morenutes::surf::welldone::green_heart:

I can not believe I made the first page. I usually get in on the The 5 th welcome back :circle-of-love:

Cheers James, Thanks for that lovely read. Always love reading your writings. The glory of last year's crop, those pictures were a joy as well. I wish you nothing but the best for this next crop, as well as a healthy and well-being living circumstances. Don't let those squirrels have allll the fun :) Can't wait to see how you have it situated this year, and that Super Fert sounds radical, that is definitely your secret :)

Next time you get to writing, if you could elaborate on what you do for flushing prior to harvest? Do you using flushing solution or only fresh water? Or since everything is organic maybe it doesn't matter...:hmmmm:

Oh and PS that River water sounds yummmmy :yummy:

Cheers and again I'm excited to be along with you. :Namaste:

RL, I Stop Giving Any Type Of Nutrients To My Plants A Month Before I Harvest Them. I Of Course Continue Feeding The Plants That Bloom Later, Of Course They To Reach That Month Before Harvest Stage, But All This You Of Course Already Know, Unfortunately, I Think I Am Just Typing For The Sheer Sake Of It, SORRY:high-five:!!! I Never Use A Leeching Solution, EVER, I Use River Water, And Know That There Is Still Ample Super Fert In My Soil,Organic Royalty!!! And Yes, River Water Is The Bomb, And From This Hallowed River, It Is Considered Some Of The Best Water For Farming In California, So Yeah Lester, It Is Pretty Darn Good Stuff:partyboy: I Am Glad RL That You Are Along For The Ride, I Only Hope That This Years Grow For my Wife, Is An Epic One:amen: SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

Re: This Years Outdoor 2013 Garden Diary- By JTG And Wife!

what up JTG..glad tou and Y is at it again...looks like i got the 1st O...i got serious leaf cupping..top half of a purple haze reveg..shes about 4 ft..got 8 in. fingers on her fans...shes in the ground..trying to get a purple plant..:welcome:back

howdy JTG and Yarrow. a fine smoke to you both:):circle-of-love:

Invi, Thanks For The Compliments, And All Else, Thank You For The Kind Words, And Encouragement To Start A NEW JOURNAL!!! Invi, I Wanted To Tell You In Case You Did Not KNOW, There Far Much Nicer Pictures, And Stories To BOOT, In My Completed Journal "THIS YEARS 2012 Garden Diary- By JTG And Wife." In The Completed Journals Section("DUUH, AS IF YOU PROBABLY DID NOT KNOW!!!"), There Are Also Alot OF Pictures In My Members PHOTO ALBUM. Just Thought I Would Give You A Heads Up Is ALL, Although I Suspect It Is OLD NEWS TO YOU:thedoubletake:!!! Thanks All For ALL THE ENTHUSIASM, IT MEANS MUCH TO ME!!!:high-five: I Will Try To Post Pictures Every Weekend, Starting This One,GOD BE GOOD!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

:circle-of-love::popcorn::popcorn:Happy Friedday JTG and Yarrow:)

Hiho and good weed!

Nice journals, i think once ill be able to do some outdoor grows, ill just copy what i can from here :)

My biggest issue is 12/12 - is there an easy trick for that? I only get 12 darkness when the weather is way too cold for this plant. Is there a way to limit the sun the girls get to 12 hours? So i could 12 hour them during the summer heat?

I was thinking about building a box with some automated openings, but not sure how that would work with rain dew and mold. And probably i would have to do as much ventillation as with an indoor grow...?

Or maybe i should just keep indoors.. but the energy i waste to avoid the sun indoors instead of using it is upsetting. And im sure summer sun would do better then a few cm3 of high pressure sodium..

And sorry for hijack, my thread wont attract many outdoor folks i guess :)

Invi, Get Yourself What Is Called A Light Deprivation Chamber, For Growing Outdoors In The Middle of Summer. It Is Like A Tent, That You Can Can Close Off To The Sunlight At ANYTIME You So Choose. That Way You Can Have Buds, That Are Ready By, June ,July August, Or Whenever You So Choose!!!:high-five: and They Really Work, I have Friends That Always Do An Early Crop, And This Is What They Use. You Do Not Even Have To Buy An Expensive One, With A Little common Sense And Logic, You Can Make Them From Stuff(AS LONG AS IT IS LIGHT PROOF AND ALLOWS VENTILATION) From Things You Can Find Around The House, Or At Many Local Hardware Stores. So Look Up Light Deprivation Chambers, And See What I Am Talking About!!! Take care Friend. SINCERELY JAMESTHEGREEN:thumb:.

Back
Top Bottom