This

I just meant to clone or use seeds from her.
OK, got it. I thought that you were thinking you could not use it for smoke, edibles or salves, etc.

Keep in mind that a lot of people will save the seeds they find in the buds of one of their plants that showed hermaphrodite tendencies. Those seeds will almost always produce female plants which will also be hermaphroditic but it can be done. And, the plant can be used for cuttings with the intention of having a few clones to flower out.

OK, got it. I thought that you were thinking you could not use it for smoke, edibles or salves, etc.

Keep in mind that a lot of people will save the seeds they find in the buds of one of their plants that showed hermaphrodite tendencies. Those seeds will almost always produce female plants which will also be hermaphroditic but it can be done. And, the plant can be used for cuttings with the intention of having a few clones to flower out.
Oh ok, good to know. I just figured what's the point of continuing to grow a Hermie though. I guess if they are gonna be female though and if it's a good strain I guess I wouldn't care if has seeds or not.

Oh ok, good to know. I just figured what's the point of continuing to grow a Hermie though. I guess if they are gonna be female though and if it's a good strain I guess I wouldn't care if has seeds or not.
If the next plant has male flowers they can be pinched off or even just squeezed into mush with a pair of eyebrow tweezers. It does not kill the female flowers but it does reduce the number of male flowers that might end up releasing pollen. It might make the amount of seeds more manageable.

Tried to get a pic with my loupe through my phone, ‍♂️. Can anyone tell by this if she's getting ready to harvest?

IMG_20210914_145011206_HDR.jpg

She doesn't look nearly ready to me @Rcknmch. Those pistils are too white and not curling in yet. From what I can see of the trichs, they have a ways to go as well.

The bud below is close to ready. Notice how the pistils have changed from white and curled up (excuse the ugly leaves).

1631646476006.jpeg

She doesn't look nearly ready to me @Rcknmch. Those pistils are too white and not curling in yet. From what I can see of the trichs, they have a ways to go as well.

The bud below is close to ready. Notice how the pistils have changed from white and curled up (excuse the ugly leaves).

1631646476006.jpeg
Ok good to know, I don't wanna rush anything that's for sure. I appreciate the help.

Latest full size pic of her. I've been reading about pistils and trichomes to check when plants done. What method is the right method?

IMG_20210914_152425241_HDR~2.jpg
It's a combination of things- from the pistils, ambering of trichomes and bud swell. I'd say you've got at least 1-2 weeks before considering chop. I wouldn't even check trichomes just yet, she'll put out new trichomes and more of them before she's done.

It's a combination of things- from the pistils, ambering of trichomes and bud swell. I'd say you've got at least 1-2 weeks before considering chop. I wouldn't even check trichomes just yet, she'll put out new trichomes and more of them before she's done.
What I e been reading says amber color means its not as strong as it could be, is that wrong?

What I e been reading says amber color means its not as strong as it could be, is that wrong?
B9B2A041-AC61-4019-8BA4-A07DA860FC83.jpeg.jpg

As far as Amber trichomes, they tend to give more of a "couch-locked " feel.

The cloudy is THC, as it degrades it turns Amber, and into CBN.

CBN while not THC has its own benefits, and is something I try to have a good mix of as it seems to help with pain more (for me). It's also good as a night time sleep aid.

All pistils change color eventually, but if the plant keeps putting out new flowers (foxtails) those will keep growing white pistils.

In terms of amber, that's the color that trichome heads turn when the THC had degraded to CBN as Rexer mentioned above. CBN is the cannabinoid that causes couchlock (or body stone), so it's great for sleepytime meds but it's losing some of the active ingredient that gets you "high." All depends on what you're looking for in your meds.

I haven't seen any obvious male parts in your pics. How hermied is it? Got a pic of those bits?

Oh, since you're outside and there are so many white pistils, I'd say you have at least 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom