Those who havn't seen what else Govt. Lyed about

moslow

I recently came across the fact that the US Govt. holds a> patent on the medicinal use of cannabis (patent #6,630,507) for the> prevention and treatment of a wide variety of diseases including> stroke, trauma, auto-immune disorder, HIV dementia, Parkinson's and> Alzheimer's. It was based on research done at the NIH, and the assignee> is the US Dept. of Health and Human Services. This patent, awarded, not> by, but TO the US Government completely contradicts the official stance> that cannabis has no current medical applications.. Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to> NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids> useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation> associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and> autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular> application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological> damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the> treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease,> Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such> as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid> toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses> useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed> class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula> (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group> consisting...>> Patent number: 6630507> Filing date: Feb 2, 2001> Issue date: Oct 7, 2003> Inventors: Aidan J. Hampson, Julius Axelrod, Maurizio Grimaldi> Assignee: The United States of America as represented by the Department of> Health and Human Services> Primary Examiner: Kevin E. Weddington> Attorneys: Klarquist Sparkman, LLP> Application number: 9/674,028>> U.S. Classification> 514/454>> International Classification> A61K 3135
:thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

Unfortunately for them, you cannot patent a plant. They can patent the synthetic Cannabinoids that copy the plant, specific mixes of them and other compounds, but not the Cannabinoids themselves. it will not hold in court.

However it does make you wonder why they would patent it if it had no use?

I hope it wouldn't hold up, But they say they didn't patent the plant only the use of it for those 5 or 6 disease's applied for. And the reason is because they had test results for those named all positive help and then they applied to DOH for rights for patent. Its fked up no matter how it works. Lieing bastards got me even more wound up so I'm writing plenty letters.:bong:

Unfortunately for them, you cannot patent a plant. They can patent the synthetic Cannabinoids that copy the plant, specific mixes of them and other compounds, but not the Cannabinoids themselves. it will not hold in court.

However it does make you wonder why they would patent it if it had no use?

Monsanto (agricultural corporation) patented a genetically manipulated strain of corn that is resistant to RoundUp...

No BS

I watched a video on youtube. They sued some farmer becuase their corn was growing on the edge of his crop in some weeds. They had the patent and it was growing on his farm without their permission. They f'ed him in the A for it, judge upheld it...

Search monsanto in youtube

There is no more non genetically altered corn in the U.S.

Corn here is all engineered. It's not natural anymore. Monsanto has the patent on all corn genetics. If we stop planting Monsanto corn, no corn will grow anywhere that would be of use to farmers that plant in the U.S. (At least thats what HDNet world report said)

They do this for a few reasons, but the only real reason is profit. All corn farmers must buy thier seeds every planting, and the seeds they sell will never yield a reproducing corn plant. This ensures they have no farmers creating corn plants that can inject current crops with altered genetics, and wipe out our entire corn crop. Bust most important, they have to buy seeds year after year after year.

Seeing that U.S. corn feeds the entire planet, it's probably good that (at this point of no return) this is the case, however i would like to see when the patents expire, and when Monsanto will have competition. Monsanto has been called the devil corporation for a reason.

I think the only reason they get away with this is the fact that if the U.S. corn production falters, the entire world suffers almost immediately. Maybe because it's a food that is used everywhere for everything, and the gvernment has to ensure the U.S. corn crops are protected from disease and bad genetics. Maybe it's just bullshit propaganda created by Monsanto to corner the corn market. Who knows for sure...

Back
Top Bottom