Thought it was bud rot but then I found this guy?

katurango

While I was harvesting I came upon a bud that looked suspicious!
I was taking the bud apart when I found this catapillar!
pot_226.jpg
pot_224.jpg
pot_223.jpg

Could he cause damage that would look like bud rot? Is he high or what?
Thanks in advance, katurango

They will destroy your buds, I too am fighting the catapillars I have founds 3 different types so far. I am growing Royal moby, ice and aurora indica they like the Royal moby the best. For the last 6 weeks I have been picking them off finding as many as 15 a day today I only found 1 I think the war is almost over.

Does the damage look like bud rot? Can the bud be saved? Or should I throw it away in a seeled plactic bag like bud rot? I found this guy deep inside the bud, so I don't think I can pick them off? Thanks for responding, katurango

Katurango those things will end you, the table was set weeks ago when a moth laid her eggs on ur plants. Well stems really then your bud grew around the eggs. Sometimes they eat their way right out, sometimes the take the long way out. For the next time, preventative care with bt while in veg. I have killed about a dozen myself. Good luck. Gettem out of there or they will eat you up.

The crispy, brown,dry areas are history, the bud that is close to the area that is unaffected is fine. It kills me to toss huge hunks of bud that coulda been but you gotta. Hope it's not a lot.

I too have suffered from the same pest in the past.

Your fellow members are quite correct - cut off the brown, dead areas. No choice, I'm afraid. And keep checking growing plants daily. Sadly, I can almost guarantee that you won't have found them all.

And yes, definitely wash your buds. It will cleanse your harvest of any remaining dead areas, and you really don't want to even think about the other er, detritus, that will float to the top. I've even had wriggling caterpillars float up that I'd missed and could have eaten the whole bud whilst drying.

Bud Washing

Sympathies and :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom