Thought on sweating Cannabis after drying

DankCounty

420 Member
I was just researching the ole internet and came across some information about sweating cannabis in a paper bag after drying. ive only been growing for a couple years and ive had great success so far. But i have never heard of this until today. Is this a good idea to do? Does it help ? Is there a noticable difference in doing this? I would appreciate thoughts and opinions as well as any advice. I have just a small grow at this time.
i have no interest in growing the everyday everyone kinda flower , I want to grow and produce top quality Top Shelf flower. The shit people come looking for and are happy paying top price ..... #mylifegoals
I would be so happy and thankful for any help or advice you have

Hi DC - yes, I learnt this method in Oz and yes it does work, but it does not in any way improve the quality

Lay bud on cardboard, cover with a layer of kitchen towel or newspaper, then cover with a black bin liner over the top
Leave in the sun (or under the lamp is more gentle)
The black plastic absorbs heat and makes the air below warm and very humid, which the paper soaks up
After about 20-30 mins, take off plastic, dry it and replace the newspaper with dry (it will be damp)
Repeat as required but don't overdo it, probably best to leave 24hrs between sessions
I wouldn't try this on fresh wet bud, but when it's nearly dry, this can help to remove that last bit of excess moisture ready for jars to cure

If it's too moist in the jars after a few days, open the lid and put the jar on a warm-ish surface for 15mins
Same thing, the bottom of the jar warms slightly and convection lifts out tiny amounts of moisture
Leave to get back to room temp before re-sealing the jar and let the RH creep up again from, say 55% to 65%
Repeat as required until you have a steady 60-65% in the jars or as you like it
Hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom