Thoughts and ideas for upcoming flower time

Hi guys I am trying to dial in my mix, feeds and soil to prepare for the upcoming bloom time. If you got a min please read and offer thoughts n ideas.

So I am not doing a full on hi brix soil. I don't even know enough about it to attempt such a thing. However my soil is healthy stuff and I want to really dial it in to get some kind killer buds at harvest that are medical grade cream of the crop, top of the top.

So heres what I got and what I feel I need:

Ok well my soil is a mix of many organic things. Manure, compost, azomite, a small bit of so po mag (sulpher potash and mag), peat moss, lime, perlite and then lots of little additives that where in my manure soil mix like oysters greensand, worm castings, n stuff.

During veg I was feeding some 5-1-1 fish fert and some 5-3-3 dry organic mix thats made from = Hydrolyzed Feather Meal, Pasteurized
Poultry Manure, Cocoa Meal, Bone Meal, Alfalfa Meal,
Greensand, Humates, Sulfate of Potash, and Sulfate of
Potash Magnesia.

Every few days I give the plants some 0-0-3 silica (dont give very much), superthrive, b-1 which also has some iron mag, and blackstrap molasses. During veg the 5-1-1 fish fert was also going in but during flower I will stop using the fish fert. I had also gave the plants about a cup each of 0-5-0 Jamaican bat guano, although I got it more for flowering time.

So now that flowering time is coming I feel like I should start feeding to prepare for it and stick more to a balanced P K mix since there should be enough nitrogen in the soil from my 5-3-3 dry mix and the manure. I also feel I should be adding a tiny bit more calcium to my plants, as when I add everything up it seems that in correlation to my other minerals it would be slightly behind especially with my mag content. And although my water supply has about 3 times the cal compared to the mag I have read I should have as much as 7 times the calcium compared to my mag.

So yeah I was hoping to think of a good way to add some Phosphorous, possibly even as a liquid since I already have 0-5-0 bat guano for slower release. Also a way to add just a small bit of Calcium too.

My ideas are
Lime for Calcium then just using extra bat guano for the P

Rock phosphate for both

crushed eggshells for calcium with more bat guano for P

Gypsum for cal and more bat guano for P... lol

and thats it for my ideas so far.

If you took the time to read all this thank you very much and I look forward to hearing some ideas.

Re: Thoughts n ideas for upcomming flower time.

ok now I found it, I just started use #1 calcium and FF big bloom and molasses. I have used the last 2 ingreidents on all my other grows and this time got some granulated lime mixing it into the soil. the molasses is high in K. and so far I'am happy with the results.
my buds are swelling and look and feel heavy. anyway the FF is rated at 6-4-4 so with that the lime and the molasses it seems to balance out and has worked well in flower for me. so I like idea#1

How did you get the calcium Fishy? Just the Lime?

I have molasses by the buckets now lol. A couple weeks ago I bought a big thing of botanicare unsulfered blackstrap molasses, After I had tried out using a jar of grandmas molasses :D.

yes sir I'am reading the bag now, it has 21% Cal 10% Mg 29% calcium oxide 17% Mg oxide the brand is Espoma

here is a pick of my buds sofar
DSC015947.JPG
DSC015956.JPG

their 5-3-3 mix is great stuff. I love espoma

Then get the Bud tone or Garden tone and call it a day.

All the stuff you listed is great, but needs to be added to the initial mix it is so slow to release. Especially the rock phos and egg shells.

The guano might be helped along in a tea, but get some top dressing action going soon.

If you have lime in your mix, that is a big +. If not, use the lime for Ca. If you do, the gypsum is good. I use both, at the same time. I also use rock phos, but that's mainly for the recycle. It's pretty slow, but a nice steady release. The eggshells would be a waste of time IMO.

Do the guano/Ca source at least 2 weeks before the start of flower and don't forget your K. Kelp meal is excellent, add it with the guano ... soon. The silica is good and the 3%K helps. I use it also. Just don't get heavy handed with it. I speak from experience.

DD

Back
Top Bottom