Thoughts on when I should pull the plug on this lady?

dakotamoon

Long woeful, first time grower story: Bag soil, with added worm castings, microryz thingies, molasses, enzymes.

Nutes: Earthworm Veg, Bloom, Blast (the veg and bloom I understand are now discontinued products and I can see why) - when the nutes are added to water there are many "mothers" similar to mothers found in kombucha mushrooms, when I first saw them I thought .. that would really clog some roots up good... but I'm a newbie .. so what do I know?

Not much apparently!

I waited till my plant got extremely dry, and then put some hydrogen peroxide water on it, but I don't have much hope for that, but this plant deserves every last effort to save it.

The pix shows m Afghani Kush in week 4.5 of bloom, so close to the end, that's why I'm wondering when to pull the plug!

For my 2nd grow, I am changing over to coco coir and perlite, and changing over to nutrients without mothers.

So even though my first grow didn't turn out like I planned, I have learned so much.

Thanks to all of you here for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_0825.JPG
    IMG_0825.JPG
    777.9 KB · Views: 46
just a q about your weeks in flower,,,

4.5 weeks?? you sure about that??

if so,, has a long way to go

cheers

Yup 4.5 weeks, the package says 7 weeks to flower - so I know math wasn't my best subject, but as stated I don't know much, so am I missing something thinking that I only have 2.5 weeks left?

My problem is lower leaves are yellowing and falling off daily, so when do I say "enough" and harvest the buds that I do have already, just trying to clarify. Thanks

ok,, the quoted weeks to flower by the breeder is notoriously short, usually

ya, them darn yellowing falling off leaves,, tough to watch, indeed

not the complete total end of the world, yet,, certainly, i would imagine,, the buds are not growing bigger at this stage,,

but the trichomes are still maturing.

check ph with watering for the remainder, if you can,, and maybe the tiniest bit of nitrogen,, but absolutely not overdoing any ferts

and give it a couple more weeks and some love

karma sent to yer plant

Thanks for the encouragement! The buds as you noted are not growing as fast but still growing, but the trichomes seem to be very happy!
I'm only giving her distilled water, our water here has so many ppm it's insane. We do have a RO filter, but I only trust the distilled.
I'm only giving her water now. There is too much going on under the soil that I can't see so I don't want to add to the mess down there.

Flowers are just getting started but sadly the soil is not.

Try this:

Your flowers are just getting going. Steady as she goes!

Here's what I would do:

Find some ewc locally (earth worm castings) and Kelp Meal if you can find it.

Mix 1/2 cup both or just ewc into a gallon of water. stir let sit till next watering and stir and water that all in.

Look for kelp meal while waiting for next watering.

Repeat

Yellow leaves are not always an issue.

Don't worry about them.... unless leaf necrosis and even then still minor issue.

You got this.

Edit - flowers look pretty good & plants perfectly normal.

Look up "senescence"

Back
Top Bottom