Three Springfield Men Convicted

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Three Springfield men were convicted by a federal jury on July 3 for participating in a conspiracy to distribute thousands of pounds of marijuana in Greene and Webster counties, said John F. Wood, United States Attorney for the Western District of Missouri.

Damien M. Foxx, 28, Danny Osborne, 39, and Willie Foxx, 24, all of Springfield, were found guilty of participating in a conspiracy to distribute more than 1,000 kilograms of marijuana from Oct. 16, 2003, to Feb. 8, 2005, in Greene and Webster counties.

“This criminal conspiracy involved a large-scale marijuana distribution ring,” Wood said. “Local drug dealers purchased more than a ton of marijuana from a source in California, which was then distributed in the Springfield area.”

Following the presentation of evidence, the jury in U.S. District Court in Springfield deliberated 7 hours before returning the guilty verdict to U.S. District Judge Richard E. Dorr, ending a trial that began June 25.

Damien Foxx was also convicted of participating in a related money-laundering conspiracy. The indictment alleges that the money laundering took place between as early as Oct. 16, 2003, and Feb. 8, 2005, in Greene and Webster counties.

Damien Foxx and co-defendant Billy J. Berringer, 27, of Springfield, obtained marijuana and redistributed it to others. After selling the marijuana, the co-conspirators reinvested the money into the conspiracy in order to pay their supplier and to obtain more marijuana. Specifically, on Jan. 18, 2005, Berringer and Foxx conducted a wire transfer of $1,500 from Webster County, which involved the proceeds of the conspiracy to distribute marijuana and thus constituted a financial transaction with the intent to promote the carrying on of the marijuana conspiracy.

Damien Foxx laundered money again when he transferred $5,000 from Greene County on Jan. 12, 2005, that involved the proceeds of the conspiracy to distribute marijuana. The money used in this wire transfer was derived from the marijuana conspiracy and used to pay for property located at 418 E. Evergreen, in Springfield. The property was used as a stash house and a marijuana distribution center.

The jury also found Damien Foxx and Willie Foxx guilty of a forfeiture count, which requires them to forfeit to the United States all property derived from the conspiracy to distribute marijuana. The forfeiture includes $50,355 seized from Damien Foxx on Jan. 30, 2005, $9,000 obtained from ST Motorsports on Feb. 3, 2005, which Damien Foxx paid for the purchase of an automobile; $19,441.97 seized on Jan. 31, 2005, from a Commerce Bank account in Damien Foxx’s name; a silver ring with numerous diamonds and a men’s wristwatch with diamonds seized from Damien Foxx on Jan. 30, 2005; a 2002 Cadillac Escalade seized from Damien Foxx on Jan. 30, 2005; a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder seized from Damien Foxx on Jan. 30, 2005; a 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe seized from Willie Foxx on Jan. 30, 2005; and $445 seized from Willie Foxx on Jan. 30, 2005.

Under federal statutes, Damien Foxx, Danny Osborne and Willie Foxx could be subject to a sentence of up to life in federal prison without parole, plus a fine up to $4,000,000.00. A sentencing hearing will be scheduled after the completion of a presentence investigation by the United States Probation Office.

Damien Foxx, Danny Osborne and Willie Foxx are among 24 co-defendants who were charged in a Nov. 2, 2005, superseding indictment and have been convicted. Three of those co-defendants have been sentenced.

• George Dye, 24, of Springfield, was sentenced on Nov. 8, 2006, to 12 years and seven months in federal prison without parole. On July 26, 2006, Dye pleaded guilty to his role in the marijuana conspiracy. Dye admitted that he stored marijuana at his residence during the conspiracy, and assisted in the distribution of marijuana to other members of the conspiracy who came to the residence. Dye also admitted that he was in possession of a 9 mm handgun with ammunition, and a Ruger Mark II rifle with a scope during the course of, and in connection to, the conspiracy. During the course of the conspiracy, Dye admitted, the most reasonably foreseeable amount of marijuana distributed by the conspiracy was at least 1,000 kilograms but less than 3,000 kilograms.

• Ryan S. Dill, 24, of Springfield, was sentenced on Nov. 3, 2006, to 11 years and three months in federal prison without parole. On July 14, 2006, Dill pleaded guilty to his role in the marijuana conspiracy. Dill admitted that he received large amounts of marijuana to distribute in the Springfield area – on one occasion, Dill received 11 kilograms of marijuana for redistribution, which was eventually seized by the Missouri State Highway Patrol. Dill also pleaded guilty to participating in a money-laundering conspiracy. Dill admitted that he reinvested the cash proceeds from his sale of marijuana into the conspiracy in order to obtain more marijuana. Dill agreed to forfeit to the government residential property in Springfield as well as $22,802 that was placed in escrow following the sale of property in Pleasant Hope, Mo.; both properties were purchased with the proceeds of the marijuana conspiracy.

• Julio Lopez, 28, of Tulare, Calif., was sentenced on Aug. 4, 2006, to 10 years in federal prison without parole. On April 19, 2006, Lopez pleaded guilty to his role in the marijuana conspiracy. Lopez also admitted that he distributed approximately 575 grams of methamphetamine to individuals in southwest Missouri.

Among those who have pleaded guilty and await sentencing are Landon C. Roper, 22, Benjamin D. Christian, 29, Billy J. Berringer, 27, Travis Hodge, 24, Darius L. Ellis, 28, Joshua L. Parrow, 28, Norman L. Schafer, 50, David E. Foxx, 30, Devin J. Green, 27, Lameeka C. Jeffries, 24, Curtis Scott Cruise, 28, and David Lee Harris, 38, all of Springfield, Crystal L. Fox, 33, Donna S. Berringer, 29, and Michael E. Spear, 25, all of Marshfield, Mo., Jeremiah Lucas Louthan, 28, of West Plains, Mo., James M. Allen, 31, of Pierce City, Mo., and Mark A. Nelson, 26, of Pleasant Hope, Mo.

This case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Randall D. Eggert. The case was investigated by IRS – Criminal Investigation, the Drug Enforcement Administration, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, COMET (the Combined Ozarks Multi-jurisdictional Enforcement Team), the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the Greene County Sheriff’s Department, the Webster County Sheriff’s Department, and the Springfield Police Department.

News Hawk- User 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Springfield News-Leader
Contact: https://www.news-leader.com/service/contact_us/feedback.html
Copyright: 2007 Springfield News-Leader

Aint it funny that weed dealers get more time than government officials that rat out their own CIA operatives in the middle of this so called "war on terror"......af420balla you are soo right......FUCK THE GOVT

This is my hometown; I also have a drug conviction from this town and the multi-juridiction task force. I had a count of conspiracy to manufacture and distribute *edit. Nothing was forfieted, I served a seven year sentence, of which four years was suspended.
It is doubtful if these guys will spend as much time as the paper says. They love to play these things up and blow them way out of portion. But they love to take property, and they love to confiscate money in drug sales. This area is know for it's hugh drug busts along the highway 44 that goes through Springfield, and is a major traffickway through the U.S. To have some home town boys in such a big bust operation is big news, but, I never heard of it until I read this thread. It went almost totally unheard of on any of the local news broadcasts, and I don't remember seeing it in the paper, although I see that is where you got the article from.

It's been ten years since my fifteen minutes of fame was broadcast on the Springfield-News Leader, But once again, it shows that this government is completely messed up on true justice. I deserved what I got from the law. These boys do not. Their lives are completely destroyed; and will never be able to vote, hold a business liscense, or own a firearm. All their money and assessets are gone, whether they were purchased with MJ profits or not. As long as the wicked are in control, this is the kind of justice you can expect.

i'm from nearby myself. i heard nothing of this locally. springfield likes a nice clean image to keep attracting the family and senior crowds to branson etc.

i never use 44. the trucks are insane, the state pigs are too thick and its too pretty on the two lanes to waste my time on 44. i'd go everywhere on gravel if i could.

you ever go to schwaqstock?

i'm from nearby myself. i heard nothing of this locally. springfield likes a nice clean image to keep attracting the family and senior crowds to branson etc.

i never use 44. the trucks are insane, the state pigs are too thick and its too pretty on the two lanes to waste my time on 44. i'd go everywhere on gravel if i could.

you ever go to schwaqstock?

Is that the big concert that they have outside of Marshfield, or the one put on by NORML out of Joplin in September? I am a Lapidary artist and sell rocks and gems at the same park that the NORML chapter has their big concert every year, and get a lot of the walk in crowd at the Joplin mineral museum where we have our clubs rock show each year .

The event at Marshfield I have never been to but heard that it is quite the bash, although I heard that they did have some ruckus here while back about the locals complaining of the "hippies" all getting stoned and on the roads or something. It was pretty funny actually how the news media handles events like this.

Schwagstock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am a Lapidary artist and sell rocks and gems
i lived in mariposa, ca. for a few years, up in the gold country. it was a great area for finding gems, crystals, GOLD. after a heavy rain you could find nuggets in the street in town if you were lucky. they have the cal mineral museum there. awsome.

Back
Top Bottom