Three Strains, First Grow: Maui Wowie, LA Confidential & NYC Diesel

Hy everybody, check out this autoflower strain I just got! In just 6 weeks, start harvesting!!! I'll put that to the test this week!!! If true, I'll report weekly or so! There was no data about the thc content. You can follow my journal in 420 @ warezaholics Skid Row Closet Grow

2020-9-21 19-24-53.jpg

Sativa, Indica and a hybrid after a quick search. Making them all unique.

I maybe wouldn't have, but you may have timed it right before the stretch...

Good stuff, right? Are you following their recommendations?

Did you top squirt? If it is untouched it could be the genetics or strain or something entirely different, I wonder too.

This is where I can't offer anything, I have tried to stay focused outdoors. I have read there are many lights with high numbers but they read differently from the outlet or something. If you did not research your lights before you bought them do some now, they may be the best..over my head here

The two bushier plants look like they are happily getting light to all their sites. If sprout was mine, I would reread the two IntheShed tutorials in my signature. I know that there is a warning about autoflowers and lst. I corrected most of my first half assed errors finding those tutorials, my jounal shows where I rerigged my crop with the main cola below other growth - turns out that is the point. :rolleyes: Read them, seriously, they're pic heavy and awesome!
Cool thanks! Yeah I like the fox farm but I have no frame a reference for if it’s good shit or not. I follow almost exactly as directed.

yeah squirt got the tops. 3 times.
Another one “first time” got fimmed 4 times.
Then I fimmed, then topped and fimmed twice more (on “mopey”)

I’m starting to wonder how much longer I should let the lower branches go. I’m getting some cloudy trichomes. I’d like to have some lower branches with cloudy trichomes and I want my tops to be amber.

I’m not sure how easy it is to see but. Are these “cloudy?” Thats at 120x view

Attachments

• 97006F7A-11D3-4901-AAEE-8295ADB4CC08.jpeg
    97006F7A-11D3-4901-AAEE-8295ADB4CC08.jpeg
    720.4 KB · Views: 42
I’m starting to wonder how much longer I should let the lower branches go. I’m getting some cloudy trichomes. I’d like to have some lower branches with cloudy trichomes and I want my tops to be amber.

I’m not sure how easy it is to see but. Are these “cloudy?”
In case anyone was curious as to what I used....

Carson MicroBrite Plus LED Lighted Pocket Microscope

1662505173780.png

Also, does it hurt the plant to pic off small Sugar leaf specimens?

I think you are on track to grow them big. Those nutrients are mentioned around the forum. You could search for them and see if anyone has said anything you find helpful. Are you feeding the 3, plants the same amount of nutrients? Are they in the same tent?

I attempted fimming, topping, microtopping, lst and a little unintentional super cropping and cloning. Anything that came along I tried, but I read those tutorials after I jumped in, then had to redo it. Good practice handling the plants, but not great planning.

Like to harvest? I would guess 7 weeks more.

Also, does it hurt the plant to pic off small Sugar leaf specimens?
A leaf specimen would probably be ok, but I would not have a collection of specimens.

Good luck!

I think you are on track to grow them big. Those nutrients are mentioned around the forum. You could search for them and see if anyone has said anything you find helpful. Are you feeding the 3, plants the same amount of nutrients? Are they in the same tent?

I attempted fimming, topping, microtopping, lst and a little unintentional super cropping and cloning. Anything that came along I tried, but I read those tutorials after I jumped in, then had to redo it. Good practice handling the plants, but not great planning.

Like to harvest? I would guess 7 weeks more.

A leaf specimen would probably be ok, but I would not have a collection of specimens.

Good luck!
I’m feeding them the same, but.... since I found out “squirt” was flowering, I switched to the tiger bud whatever. The other 2 still get the veg mix. yeah same tent.

did you see the trichomes? Would you clip the bottoms when cloudy like that? Or just wait. (I actually pulled the bottom two branches.) I want to do a test on trimming bottom branches at different trichomes maturity. For my own experiment purposes.

but the main and the best colas, I promise not to touch. So, 7 weeks still? These damn buds are gonna be big as hell! I’ll keep an eye on trichomes without pulling to many. I’ll keep you posted. Thanks!

BTW. I didn’t do any dumb shit. Just just these to test. I figure 7 days I’ll try it, and as long as I only pull junk branches, I’ll be able to roughly taste, feel, see, etc. the best time to cut my real buds and dry the whole plant.
Pictures for reference. The trichomes picture is at 120x. The other is me hanging my experimental baby buds.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    478.2 KB · Views: 26
  • B40F7309-1D1F-4360-BAAC-B273367E00A1.jpeg
    B40F7309-1D1F-4360-BAAC-B273367E00A1.jpeg
    720.4 KB · Views: 38
I’m feeding them the same, but.... since I found out “squirt” was flowering, I switched to the tiger bud whatever. The other 2 still get the veg mix. yeah same tent.

did you see the trichomes? Would you clip the bottoms when cloudy like that? Or just wait. (I actually pulled the bottom two branches.) I want to do a test on trimming bottom branches at different trichomes maturity. For my own experiment purposes.

but the main and the best colas, I promise not to touch. So, 7 weeks still? These damn buds are gonna be big as hell! I’ll keep an eye on trichomes without pulling to many. I’ll keep you posted. Thanks!

BTW. I didn’t do any dumb shit. Just just these to test. I figure 7 days I’ll try it, and as long as I only pull junk branches, I’ll be able to roughly taste, feel, see, etc. the best time to cut my real buds and dry the whole plant.
Pictures for reference.
Also, feel free to tell me when i do dumb shit. I really do want to learn and have no experience. I’m just reading the info on this forum, google, and watching YouTube.

SNS.
here’s my update-
I went ahead with LST. Let see what I yield. With purpose...

Attachments

• 36182933-1139-472D-BF1D-5D47D0400855.jpeg
    36182933-1139-472D-BF1D-5D47D0400855.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • 0FA1C692-9645-44B1-8C05-58AF84DCB778.jpeg
    0FA1C692-9645-44B1-8C05-58AF84DCB778.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
  • 9F9A64C2-BDDE-48C7-A09F-C51068D7CD8E.jpeg
    9F9A64C2-BDDE-48C7-A09F-C51068D7CD8E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • 6F96E691-6DE7-4A1D-8853-6879057649D3.jpeg
    6F96E691-6DE7-4A1D-8853-6879057649D3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
  • 6344155E-DA12-43B1-97AB-14083B51074E.jpeg
    6344155E-DA12-43B1-97AB-14083B51074E.jpeg
    909.2 KB · Views: 27
You're doing better than I did when I entered grow college (kindergarten level). I wasted time and money trying to learn from YouTube instead of finding a guru in a forum such as this.

My guy is experienced in using cocoa choir but I found a diagram on Bubbleponic because I NEED my system to reflect my low income budget (hence "skid row" closet grow).

I'm setting up for my next grow right now (I think this will be my 5th I'm losing track) I don't keep a paper journal and, I don't have Any video skills or I would make a demo of my Bubbleponic setup. It has evolved to be more LABOR intensive than dollar expensive buying automatic watering system's.

I'm the kind that looks in my garage drawer instead of a hardware store.

I only recently discovered a "Hydro Depot" 2 miles down the road! Now I get my supplies 35 or 40% cheaper than Amazon.

You're doing better than I did when I entered grow college (kindergarten level). I wasted time and money trying to learn from YouTube instead of finding a guru in a forum such as this.

My guy is experienced in using cocoa choir but I found a diagram on Bubbleponic because I NEED my system to reflect my low income budget (hence "skid row" closet grow).

I'm setting up for my next grow right now (I think this will be my 5th I'm losing track) I don't keep a paper journal and, I don't have Any video skills or I would make a demo of my Bubbleponic setup. It has evolved to be more LABOR intensive than dollar expensive buying automatic watering system's.

I'm the kind that looks in my garage drawer instead of a hardware store.

I only recently discovered a "Hydro Depot" 2 miles down the road! Now I get my supplies 35 or 40% cheaper than Amazon.
It would be cool to see someone on the forum show an entry level setup. That can be easily purchase. And then people would know how to cheaply attempt it. Does your hydro place have an online market?

I did my whole deal as cheap as possible to see if it was something I wanted to continue doing. And boy fucking do I! Lmao. I can’t ever imagine not growing my own now.

I’d just like a cheap way to attempt hydros. I’m not in any hurry, but maybe someone will read this and do it.

My own system isn't like anything I've seen before. Since my bedroom closet is my growroom, I needed it to be "Quiet"! Instead of a hydroponic air pump, I chose to use 3 top quality aquarium air pumps called "Tetra Whisper AP 300 (this model has two 150 outlets each) and one Tetra Whisper AP 150 (with one outlet, I'm thinking that the numbers stand for qubic feet per minute). This way I give each bubble-bucket it's own high efficiency air stone supply for up to 5 buckets. Here's a photo layout of the air supply for the 3 plant limit of my area. I Just ad a hydro netpot with rockwool and a germinated seed in Each bucket to be independently operated with zero cross contamination in the root systems. *** more to come later. Today I planted my 3 germinated seeds and the rest is "LOVE AND CARE".

If hydro depot was to ship, it would end up the same as Amazon

IMG_20200926_140443.jpg
IMG_20200926_140019.jpg
IMG_20200926_140215.jpg
IMG_20200926_140027.jpg
IMG_20200926_140158.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200926_141434.jpg
    IMG_20200926_141434.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
The next steps of my MAGUIVER setup is created is essentially a "DIPSTICK so I can keep on top of the daily water level and I won't need to lift the plant to look inside and the level can be precisely monitored and only weekly water changes will require CAREFULLY moving the plant to fresh, buckets and stones scrubbed with a little bleach water to prevent microbial growth.. just keep the rockwool from getting dryidout, and in just a few days in the roots begin reaching down looking for their nutrition.

The water in the buckets should always be 2 inches below is the bottom of the hydro basket to avoid the bubbles from soaking the rockwool and causing mildew.

Before you know it, BOOM ROOTS GALORE!!! The darker roots are caused by the General Hydroponics nutrients I use. Taken after harvest

20190404_155732.jpg
IMG_20200805_194331.jpg

At the beginning, I mentioned this Skid Row closet grow is really a lot of work is because I don't have money OR space for an automatic hydroponic circulation system. Premix my nutes in two, 5 gallon reservoirs and ad as needed with a small funnel.

My invention (FLOATING DRINKING STRAW) dipstick; tells me exactly where the top of the water is "at all times" (each mark on the straw that drops, tells me that I need to ad about one quart of my premixed nutrient solution). I seal one end of an extra long drinking straw with a dab of silicone. For 2 years ive been using 7 eleven straws but today I started using longer ones.. The dark pipe squeezed into a hole, keeps the floating straw perpendicular and stationary.

There's more to it but that's my twist on how a bubble system fits my needs
IMG_20200926_142636.jpg
IMG_20200926_151922.jpg

Back
Top Bottom