Thunderdome The Cloning: Indoor, LED Vegetative & HPS Flower, Aeroponics, Soil

Miasma

Thunderdome_Day1-IGAlt.jpg

Grow Journal #4:

This journal's purpose is to document clones that I have personally taken from cutting to budding. Any clones that are added to this thread are cut from my own personal plants; since the initial purchase of my growing operation's equipment has already been invested, these are now free clones that I will not pay any additional cost out of pocket for.

What strain is it? The first round is a combination of (10x) Sour Diesel cuttings, (8x) Afghani cuttings and (6x) Pink 2.0 cuttings.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Sour Diesel is a sativa-dominant hybrid, the Afghani is a pure, land race indica and the Pink 2.0 is an indica-dominant hybrid

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? If successful, all but four of the clones will initially be in a vegetative stage; the remaining four clones are re-veg's from my current Bloom Room, and are being reverted from the 12/12 photoperiod. Due to their unfortunate placement near the bottom of the mother plant during growth, they were sitting in the shade of the Bloom Room, diverting/wasting energy away from the primary colas for a mediocre yield of their own. In order to make better use of them, I decided to take cuttings of these small side-branches to clone; if I am successful, I will be either able to revert them from the Flowering stage to vegetate or continue flowering a smaller clone in a better position under the Bloom Room's light source.

If in Veg... For how long? If they live, about 30 minutes.

If in Flower stage... For how long? The four cuttings from the Bloom Room's Sour Diesel plant were taken one day into Bloom Week 4.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro? Aeroponic until the clones are rooted, then soil.

If soil... what is in your mix? I am considering moving them into Hi-Brix soil mix with Hi-Brix Molasses, Calcium Carbonate, Natural & Organic Potting Mix (Lowe's), Worm Castings, Epsom Salt and Kelp.

If soil... What size pot? They will be moved into red solo cups first.

Size of light? Thunderdome's light is an Amats 45W Full-Spectrum LED Grow Light, hovering two inches from the plants.

Is it aircooled? The light is not, but the Turbo-Klone cloning machine is.

Temp of Room/cab? I have not checked yet, they literally have been in there about 30 minutes. All other cabinets in my grow-space are optimal.

RH of Room/cab? I have not measured this yet, either; the system has a humidity dome, so I anticipate it to get pretty high.

PH of media or res? 6.0-6.5

Any Pests? N/A

How often are you watering? Aeroponic Reservoir with a mister that is always on.

Type and strength of ferts used? Clonex Rooting Gel with Clonex Cloning Solution at standard strength and application.

Re: Thunderdome The Cloning - Indoor - LED Vegetative & HPS Flower - Aeroponics - So

Jus did my first clone so gonna watch to c how this comes out. Like the intro pic. Really shows how far growing 420 has come. M waiting for my clones to root. M also on my first grow! Good luck to ya n I will b hanging around to c what them clones can do!!

Pino's Coco & Perlite - Thunderpaws - First Grow Ever 2017

Welcome to the party!

Day 1 Updates:

I've thrown out the Blooming Sour Diesel Cuttings that I intended to re-vegetate in favor of saving the Vegetating Sour Diesel Clone that I just snapped in half during "High" Stress Training (haha); I took the remainder of the clone and divided it into four sections of cuttings, and then inserted them into Cloner Plugs with a fresh Clonex dip after some extra scraping at the base of the cutting. Now we wait to see if I've saved my hard work instead of wasting an entire plant because of being clumsy during LST.

Re: Thunderdome The Cloning - Indoor - LED Vegetative & HPS Flower - Aeroponics - So

TD-1_SD-4.jpg

This is my newly-rooted Sour Diesel Clone; she is only two inches tall.

Moderately Successful 1st Batch: Week 2.5

I've had mediocre success with my current cloning method, and I've learned more about what I need to do from the first cuttings that I've tried; my very first round of cloning produced six clones between the Sour Diesel and Pink 2.0 strains, so I now currently have four additional Sour Diesel Clones and two Pink 2.0 Clones. Both of the Rooted Pink 2.0 Clones that I've produced were the only two cuttings taken from a plant in a 12/12 Flowering Photoperiod, and they are also the only two cuttings that have survived from those that were cut from my Pink 2.0 Strain. The Sour Diesel was more successful and gave me four Rooted Clones; I attribute this to better genetics but still, only six out of twenty-four cuttings lived, which is most likely my fault for not cutting and scraping the bases properly. My Afghani Landrace cloning attempt yielded nothing from any of the cuttings which I had taken.

2nd Batch: Day 1

My Blueberry and Kushberry Mother Plants have reached a point at which I am able to take healthy cuttings to forge into clones; I've taken two cuttings of each of these strains. I also have taken four additional cuttings from my Afghani Landrace. The initial difference in these cuttings versus those that I had taken from the original plants is that they are substantially more robust at the stem; all of the new cuttings are very healthy looking with a diameter around 4mm. They also all have very rich, green leaves and zero noticeable deficiencies; the last difference is my approach to cutting, as I've scraped off much more space above the initial cutting point in order to promote greater surface coverage of root growth. I believe this second round will prove to go further than my first.

TD-1_SD-4.jpg

This is my newly-rooted Sour Diesel Clone; she is only two inches tall.

Moderately Successful 1st Batch: Week 2.5

I've had mediocre success with my current cloning method, and I've learned more about what I need to do from the first cuttings that I've tried; my very first round of cloning produced six clones between the Sour Diesel and Pink 2.0 strains, so I now currently have four additional Sour Diesel Clones and two Pink 2.0 Clones. Both of the Rooted Pink 2.0 Clones that I've produced were the only two cuttings taken from a plant in a 12/12 Flowering Photoperiod, and they are also the only two cuttings that have survived from those that were cut from my Pink 2.0 Strain. The Sour Diesel was more successful and gave me four Rooted Clones; I attribute this to better genetics but still, only six out of twenty-four cuttings lived, which is most likely my fault for not cutting and scraping the bases properly. My Afghani Landrace cloning attempt yielded nothing from any of the cuttings which I had taken.

2nd Batch: Day 1

My Blueberry and Kushberry Mother Plants have reached a point at which I am able to take healthy cuttings to forge into clones; I've taken two cuttings of each of these strains. I also have taken four additional cuttings from my Afghani Landrace. The initial difference in these cuttings versus those that I had taken from the original plants is that they are substantially more robust at the stem; all of the new cuttings are very healthy looking with a diameter around 4mm. They also all have very rich, green leaves and zero noticeable deficiencies; the last difference is my approach to cutting, as I've scraped off much more space above the initial cutting point in order to promote greater surface coverage of root growth. I believe this second round will prove to go further than my first.

Great job cloning, it's not easy, a lot of people can't get it right, I had 15 cuts last time and 14 rooted so I had to double pot some things, but now all those clones are gone thru flower and I have new ones but I have a EZ Cloner, it was a gift, and I'll see if it works if not I'll go back to heat pad and dome

Great job cloning, it's not easy, a lot of people can't get it right, I had 15 cuts last time and 14 rooted so I had to double pot some things, but now all those clones are gone thru flower and I have new ones but I have a EZ Cloner, it was a gift, and I'll see if it works if not I'll go back to heat pad and dome

Thanks man, you are absolutely right, it certainly is more difficult than it seems when initially reading about the process. Honestly just one shot at it has opened my eyes to how quickly you can overtake your grow-space with additional plants, even though it is difficult; I know that I didn't get but 6/24 of my cuttings, but if I perfect it like you say then I may have a pretty big jungle on my hands, haha. I may actually flower two of my Afghani Clone Mothers to alleviate space in their Vegetative Cabinet; if I can reliably produce clones from cuttings like this for awhile, I think it will change my game up completely and let me have a higher perpetual yield every month. I can keep these small cuttings in smaller pots and plant more of them within the same space, yielding less per plant but more plants overall for a larger number.

Free plants are the best!

Thanks man, you are absolutely right, it certainly is more difficult than it seems when initially reading about the process. Honestly just one shot at it has opened my eyes to how quickly you can overtake your grow-space with additional plants, even though it is difficult; I know that I didn't get but 6/24 of my cuttings, but if I perfect it like you say then I may have a pretty big jungle on my hands, haha. I may actually flower two of my Afghani Clone Mothers to alleviate space in their Vegetative Cabinet; if I can reliably produce clones from cuttings like this for awhile, I think it will change my game up completely and let me have a higher perpetual yield every month. I can keep these small cuttings in smaller pots and plant more of them within the same space, yielding less per plant but more plants overall for a larger number.

Free plants are the best!
If your mother is the healthy, and you like the smoke keep her, cloning from a clone is hard and your genetics go down from cloning like that

If your mother is the healthy, and you like the smoke keep her, cloning from a clone is hard and your genetics go down from cloning like that

I have seven mothers for my newer strains, but the clones I've just made came from mothers that were also clones. I've read you can clone two or three generations without it being too dramatically affected. Do you think the final genetic product will have already been degraded to this extent in the clones which I have already rooted? All of those are clones of clones, I figured I could stop it after this generation but I might end up culling them now.

I moved four of the rooted clones to Red Solo Cup City; they are hanging out in the Propagation Chamber with some soil under their feet. I'm going to do a side-by-side comparison with the product of these plants vs a first generation clone from the same strains. I feel that this will help to further my understanding of this gradual genetic degradation beyond what I can ascertain from reading anymore about it. They're already rooted, so why not experiment?

Dude I read it! Keep the journal going! Like the setup! I have a clone mother and soon m gonna b pulling clones off her.

I'm following also bro

I appreciate it man. Unfortunately, I am pretty sure I killed my latest clone set even if I stick with documenting in this journal; I turned off the cloner this morning and they already weren't looking very good, but during the excess time after that I think I've killed them. I'm going to clean the cloner and try again with fresh cuttings.

On the up side, the two Sour Diesel clones that I had taken for experimentation are alive and well! I'll probably transfer these to their final home in the next week.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom