Tiger Bloom

RooRman

So I just got this stuff today, Fox Farms Tiger Bloom. It is a 2-8-4 organic fert. that is specifically meant for flowering plants. I am currently almost in my fourth week of flowering in soil. I plan on mixing the Tiger Bloom with a high-phosphorus Bat Guano I am already using to obtain a slightly higher potash content via the Tiger Bloom.

My question is this, the Tiger Bloom says for Heavy Feeding, mix 4 tbls. per gallon. Should I mix it at full strength with the Guano, or perhaps cut the amount in half? The Bat Guano is 1-10-0, so if I want to obtain a 3-18-4 mix (Tiger Bloom + Guano) should I mix it at full strength (4 tbls. per gal.)? Does this make sense?

Also, I bought some Superthrive. Does this do anything specifically for plants in the flower stage? I have heard it is great for root growth, cloning, and helping nurse stressed plants, but will it have any effect on the buds? Should I bother using it at this point or wait until I start over again and use it on plants during their veg. stage?

Thanks for the help guys.

Dude i use big grow w/Tiger bloom , probly same diff.

read again thats 4 tsp not tbls but I'd use less if you want add every watering

InYourEndo said:
i havent even begun to try and figure out ratios as far as ferts go but i can tell you this much superthrive is exellent in the veg and germination stages.. .also helps stressed plants... but from what i have heard it can cause problems in flowering.... my theory would be that most of your root growth takes place during the veg cycle... if you try and stimulate root growth during flowering... i would imagine that it would take away from bud production and put its resources into root production.. if that makes any sence at all. i have used it in the flowering process and not seem much of a diffrence at all, the buds were nice and dense and all but thats the way they should be...

Thats what I was thinking as well. It's supposed to increase root production. I guess I will have to wait to use it.

naturalhi said:
Dude i use big grow w/Tiger bloom , probly same diff.

read again thats 4 tsp not tbls but I'd use less if you want add every watering

Teaspoons, not tablespoons? Really? I haven't used it yet so I will definatly have to check again. I'm growing in soil, and I thought it read 4 tablespoons per gallon for "Heavy Feeding". I will definatly read the instructions again and more carefully before I actually goto mix it. Thanks. :peace:

No prob , went to check myself.

fox farm ocean forest soil and nutes has been working for me.

just be careful with the tiger bloom, it can still burn plants even though it's organic based.

superthrive is just instant hormones and energy that the plant can use right away thats all. i wouldn't think this would decrease bud production to work on roots.

:bongrip:

DankCloset said:
hey bro, bat guano raises the nitrogen remember? bat guano is 10-3-1, try super phosphate, 0-45-0

I am using Jamaican Bat Guano by Sunleaves with high phosphorus. It is a 1-10-0 fetillizer. Not alot of nitrogen, but alot of phosphorus. Great for budding.

The difference is whether the bat guano is harvested from fruit bats or bats that eat insects. The fruit bats guano will be high in phosphorus, and the ones who eat insects produce guano that has high nitorgen content.

Tiger Bloom is great! I mixed 2 teaspoons per gallon (4 teaspoons was "Heavy Feeding") along with the normal 3 tablespoons per gallon of Sunleaves Jamaican Bat Guano. Thanks for the help. :peace:

RooRman said:
Tiger Bloom is great! I mixed 2 teaspoonsper gallon (4 teaspoons was "Heavy Feeding") along with the normal 3 tablespoons per gallon of Sunleaves Jamaican Bat Guano. Thanks for the help. :peace:

I got that same Tiger Bloom a week ago, and have been using at 1/3 strength, cause girl at the hydro store was stressing about how easy it is to burn with TB. I'm goin up to 1/2 strength next nutrient flush (hydro), and so on maybe eventually I'll get to the bottle recommendations. Let us know how the plants dig it... Hope they bloom like crazy RooRman..

Peace

My plants are responding wonderfully to the Tiger Bloom. I am growing in soil and I would consider 2 teaspoons/gal. half strength because the bottle says heavy feeding is 4 teaspoons/gal. But in conjunction with the high phosphorus Bat Guano I am using it really makes them bloom like crazy. My Indica-dom plant is very nicely crystalized with noticible sign of increased blooming within 24hrs. of the addition of Tiger Bloom to my regular Guano tea.

The Tiger Bloom really makes up for the soluable potassium that the Guano lacks, I have found that potassium is also a very important thing during flowering as well as having high phosphorus and good soil pH.

My pH is dead on at 6.3-6.5 in each pot, but my humidity and temperature are jumpy. Temps range from 62*F- 80*F which is ok but the humidity is a worse statistic at 64%-94% despite the use of a large humidifer. I figure its a basement, in the summer, the humidity sucks. Despite this, the plants seem to be doing fine in their grow-enclosure under a 250w HPS light.

Sorry I meant a DE-humdifier! I am retarded. :cheesygrinsmiley:

RooRman said:
Sorry I meant a DE-humdifier! I am retarded. :cheesygrinsmiley:
LOL. Superthrive is mainly thiamine with some other shit. BUT its vitamin B.
Great for transplanting,cloning,recoveryfrom stress, and to stick fresh cut flowers in a vase. It is mostly use to help and relieve stress and shock. Nice to have for differrent stages in a grow but not a fert. Stay at half strengh with the tigger bloom. Less chances of burn. MJ plants need little nutes to flourish and to many people believe more is better. It is not, less is better until you find ur own magic number to put the nute strengh. That normally takes more than one grow to figure out.:peace:

thats why i love growing, doesnt mater if its pot, i have suped up sun flowers in front of my house, any left over tea i make, goes to the sun flowers... i'll get a pic. there only 2 months old too. never realized the bat guano deal, i never really put that much thought into it.

Urdedpal said:
LOL. Superthrive is mainly thiamine with some other shit. BUT its vitamin B.
Great for transplanting,cloning,recoveryfrom stress, and to stick fresh cut flowers in a vase. It is mostly use to help and relieve stress and shock. Nice to have for differrent stages in a grow but not a fert. Stay at half strengh with the tigger bloom. Less chances of burn. MJ plants need little nutes to flourish and to many people believe more is better. It is not, less is better until you find ur own magic number to put the nute strengh. That normally takes more than one grow to figure out.:peace:

Good advice, advice I am using. Since I am using the Tiger Bloom in conjunction with the guano I am going to keep it at "half-strength" because I don't want to overfertilize and burn them. Plus it is not my sole source of nutrients, so therefore I feel "Heavy Feeding" is unescessary.

I always thought the Superthrive was for cuttings and stressed plants, and all you guys have said has supported that. I think I will wait until my next grow and use it during the veg. stage and for any sickly looking plants I may have.

DankCloset said:
thats why i love growing, doesnt mater if its pot, i have suped up sun flowers in front of my house, any left over tea i make, goes to the sun flowers... i'll get a pic. there only 2 months old too. never realized the bat guano deal, i never really put that much thought into it.

I want to grow some sunflowers too. They had some seeds for some cool looking red ones at a local garden store. Pretty awesome!

Urdedpal said:
Stay at half strengh with the tigger bloom. Less chances of burn. MJ plants need little nutes to flourish and to many people believe more is better. It is not, less is better until you find ur own magic number to put the nute strengh. That normally takes more than one grow to figure out.:peace:

Once I move up to 1/2 strength, I'll ride the rest of my grow out at that level then. Good help on the advice, Urdedpal because I've been wonderin about Tiger Blooms burn potential since getting it.

It looks like the plants are recieving the Tiger Bloom fine at half strength. I have stepped up to 1/3 strength as it looks as if they could benefit but have not fed them this mix yet. This means I have gone from 2 teaspoons per gal. to 3. 4 teaspoons is "Heavy Feeding". Tiger Bloom is a 2-8-4 fertillizer, and I am assuming it is only at it's most potent when mixed at the highest ratio, so I do not see how I can burn them at this rate.

Is it necessary to flush during the flowering cycle to remove salt build-up from the soil? I have heard this is less necessary with organics than with chemical ferts. Also, is it one of those things that, if it needed it, the plants would be showing that they did by wilting or turning pale? Should I just wait until the final weeks like normal to flush my soil, or do it now to flush it clean and start feeding them again? I do not want to wash any beneficial microbes or bacteria out of my soil so perhaps I will hold off until the final weeks unless someone has a good reason I should do otherwise. Everything is doing fine and the plants are very green and healthy I am just trying to make them bud as big as I can.

hey the superthrive is a addition too. meaning you can use it while ferting. its actually suggested to be used that way. just add it in, remember 1 drop a gal. i even dump have of the pitcher out and fill it back up with water with superthrive. great for flowering too.

DankCloset said:
hey the superthrive is a addition too. meaning you can use it while ferting. its actually suggested to be used that way. just add it in, remember 1 drop a gal. i even dump have of the pitcher out and fill it back up with water with superthrive. great for flowering too.

So it is good for flowering as well as root growth? I suppose 1 drop per gallon will not hurt, but if it offers no benefit to forming buds then I will just forego it.

if you listen to kotton mouth kings on " its all about the weed" they use it too. lol thought i would bring that up. i know many growers that use it while shes in flowering.

Sorry I am retarded. I meant I stepped it up from 2 teaspoons to 3 per gal. So it's not 1/3 strength at all, because your right thats weaker than I had it mixed not stronger. I still havent fed it to them yet though. Today I fed them just water in preparation for the stronger ferts.

Back
Top Bottom