Time Change

Giantsfan24

So I forgot to take the time change into account so instead of the lights coming on at 8am they come on at 9am now that we've sprung forward.

My question is: Will I stress my plants and risk possible hermie if I change the time back to 8am to 8pm?

I don't think an hour should make any difference but..this is my first grow, things are going really well and I don't want to take any unnecessary risks.

Thanks!

:Namaste:

You can make the change Bro...
Just make it a one time thing and you'll be fine. No worries about Hermie unless that trait is already in the genetics.

EDIT: when I do a time change I do it so there is an extra hour of darkness instead of an extra hour of light. So when the lights come on, speed up the timer one hour so that for the day of the time change the lights are on for 11 hours and off for 13.
That will make the change stress free and will not confuse the ladies

You can make the change Bro...
Just make it a one time thing and you'll be fine. No worries about Hermie unless that trait is already in the genetics.

EDIT: when I do a time change I do it so there is an extra hour of darkness instead of an extra hour of light. So when the lights come on, speed up the timer one hour so that for the day of the time change the lights are on for 11 hours and off for 13.
That will make the change stress free and will not confuse the ladies

That's what I thought I'd do exactly. Thanks for the tip..I appreciate it.

Good question GF. Didn't even think about it until you brought it up. I'm going to move the time on my timer 15 minutes each day.

If you do it with lights on, 13 hours of dark, the light will go off an hour before it did prior, you won't hurt anything. Now if you go an additional hour of light, you could run into problems..

One hour less shouldn't hurt at all.

Back
Top Bottom