Time for a nute change, suggestions?

Been growing with the Fox Farm Trio, plus cal mag for many years, FFOF soil. My lights put out about 1000 true watts in a 6x6 tent. I’ve gotten good results but I’d like to try something new. Don’t want to break the bank, want something easy, not seven different bottles! Prefer organic over synthetic, flushing is getting old.

@GeoFlora Nutrients is very easy, it's organic and they're a sponsor. Win, win, win. :battingeyelashes:

Of course if you're not in the U.S., you're SOL and I don't really know of any more one-part, organic nutes outside the U.S. If you find one, let me know as I would be interested, too.

Been growing with the Fox Farm Trio, plus cal mag for many years, FFOF soil. My lights put out about 1000 true watts in a 6x6 tent. I’ve gotten good results but I’d like to try something new. Don’t want to break the bank, want something easy, not seven different bottles! Prefer organic over synthetic, flushing is getting
Been growing with the Fox Farm Trio, plus cal mag for many years, FFOF soil. My lights put out about 1000 true watts in a 6x6 tent. I’ve gotten good results but I’d like to try something new. Don’t want to break the bank, want something easy, not seven different bottles! Prefer organic over synthetic, flushing is getting old.
check out growingyourgreens yt channel they have an amazing series on how to grow organic and yeild 5-10 pounds per plant this is a outdoor setup but they have indoor videos as well

Hi @Phytoplankton - since we can't really discuss non-sponsors, have you considered off the shelf blood/fish/bone + frass + myco with an occasional seaweed tomato feed?
I have about 75 gallons of once used FF soil, I am planning on building a bin and composting/amending it over the winter.

sponsor wise I've used Remos and Blue Planet and the already mentioned GeoFlora with good results.

other than those I've used Dr Earth to amend and for teas and get good results especially if you're looking for a water only grow.

@GeoFlora Nutrients is very easy, it's organic and they're a sponsor. Win, win, win. :battingeyelashes:

Of course if you're not in the U.S., you're SOL and I don't really know of any more one-part, organic nutes outside the U.S. If you find one, let me know as I would be interested, too.
I second this! I switched from the FoxFarm to general hydroponic flora series! Doesn’t seem to be as harsh on the plants when I’m feeding.

I tried the Geoflora because it was half the price of my local nute company. I didn't realize I had to use three times the amount of Geoflora making it much more costly and it was a vastly inferior product too. I will never buy it again. I should have known when reading the back of the label as the application rates were for the square meter??? They do know only pot growers buy their product right?? Anyway if I was you I would search for a locally sourced organic nute product...don't pay to ship bird crap from Colorado when I'm sure birds crap where you live.

Some good suggestions so far.

Maybe you could look into the Root Organic line. I am thinking the Terp Tea Grow and Terp Tea Bloom which are a very fine dry powder. It can be used as a top dressing and mixed into the top 1/4 to 1/2 inch of soil or just sprinkled on the soil and not mixed in. Or, it can be mixed with water. The solution can be allowed to sit overnight if mixed with water or poured right away.

Both the Grow and Bloom come with Cal-Mag already in the powder which should be enough for most grows. If not, a separate supply of just Cal-Mag is available, either as a powder or liquid concentrate. I believe that they recommend a boost of Cal-Mag over the last few weeks of vegetating and the first few of flowering. And the Terp Teas also contain some beneficial bacteria, microbes and mycorrhiza.

The Terp Teas come in 3 and 5 lb bags. I am thinking that a 3 pound bag of each might be enough to experiment with on two or three plants while you wean yourself off of the Fox Farm trio or look for other alternatives.

Back
Top Bottom