Time for an HPS, but I need some help

Open will work fine for <600w. But what Pit said was vital. You might be severly limited because of space. As OT420T said cooltubes arent great reflectors, however they do have their place. A cooltube would actually be perfect for you, because your space is small and you need every inch you can get. with 10" of growing space, you would definitly have to 12/12 from seed and would need to do a good amount of lsting, but you could definitly pull it off.

Jus throwin out ideas to possibly give ya a few more options in addition to the ones my peers have given ya

dro:popcorn:

Dro, thanks for the pointers. I actually have already done one grow in the area and had no trouble at all. I SCROG my grows so it's not a problem, even with 3 weeks of veg before flowering. haha

This ballast is listed as aquarium in the headline, but looking at it, it seems like the same thign as the others that I wanted.

Lumatek 250W/120V Digital Ballast Aquarium Hydroponics - eBay (item 130367529611 end time Mar-17-10 18:hmmmm:34 PDT)

is this the right type of ballast? It looks the same, but I didn't want to buy one that had a small difference or application

Yup that should work just fine. Just becareful when ordering bulbs. Bulbs marketed for aquariums have tons of UV in them which can be harmful to the plants..

good luck bro

dro:smokin:

Ya, I figured it would work, but I wanted to make sure. Sadly I played stoner all winter and never deposited any of my cash (im a server) so I overdrafted hundreds of dollars. Had to pay $450 in overage fees. I can't believe that I did this. I lost incredible amounts of respect for myself haha.

So, that being said, I gotta wait a bit more before getting everythign, just a few more weeks.

Ya, I figured it would work, but I wanted to make sure. Sadly I played stoner all winter and never deposited any of my cash (im a server) so I overdrafted hundreds of dollars. Had to pay $450 in overage fees. I can't believe that I did this. I lost incredible amounts of respect for myself haha.

So, that being said, I gotta wait a bit more before getting everythign, just a few more weeks.

HGB.. yea i hear ya, bank accounts can definitly be more of a pain in the pass. When I was with commerce my bank account went negative, and they still kept charging me for not keeping the minumum balance... I'm like wtf?!, why would you charge me again if you see my account at -$17? blah

Train, yes, thanks I do know how a bank works haha. I just fucked up to be honest. I have had accounts and investment accounts and such since I was 10 and I guess I was due for my first, last, and only fuck up like that.

ya dude... BoA charged me overdraft fees and told me I had a positive balance after I deposited money, but really one of the fees hadn't posted (they were both on the same day though? system glitch...). I spent $7 from my positive balance and then got 2 more overdraft fees because in between the ATM and the store the other fee posted... then I tried to explain it to them and they kept explaining to me how OD works like I'm retarded and don't get it... so I pulled all my everything out of their bank and closed my account and told them I felt like I was being scammed by their company.

hey man what did you ever decide on i have a similar sized dresser
Stealth Dresser NEW! POG - Pure Afgan - Gigabud - Quiksilver and More! Mine is a bit smaller and 48"t x 36"w x 20"d with the 250 lumatek with sunsystem 2 hood 6" and i have 2 90cfm sunon 115v fans one intake, one exhaust and a small fan blowing canopy. my temps stay about 5-6 degrees above ambient air temps (currently 77 in box running 250MH) but i had to vent into attic with 4" dryer vent. When i just exhausted into the closet temps were 9-12 degrees above climbed to 87 durring summer:yikes: I am thinking of adding 400 lumatek and throw my 160 cfm fan and carbon filter in the attic. The 250 with an air cooled hood will be perfect for that setup and i believe the 400 would be fantastic if you could keep the heat down ..sorry for the rambling its sat night and i have some bubble hash;) good luck

Back
Top Bottom