Time to harvest

HydroBishop

i have a white widow ready to harvest how do i know when is time to harvest and when i should start flushing the plant? this plant has been in my flowering room for 8 weeks.

thanks for the information this site is wonderful. i have one more question how do i know when to flush out my plant should i do it know it is at the cloudy stage?

you can start flushing your plant a few days before you are about to harvest.
Unless you have a fert problem and need to flush right away, you can pretty much flush your plant whenever you think is necessary. I flush my plants a week before harvest and I keep my plants in 24hr darkness before I cut them. I also dont water my plants before harvest a good 2-3 days before because to me it seems it dries quicker.

For hydroponics there are flushing systems. If you don't give a hydro system water for two days you will be trimming all the dead brown leaves out. Thats never fun!

you can start flushing your plant a few days before you are about to harvest.
Unless you have a fert problem and need to flush right away, you can pretty much flush your plant whenever you think is necessary. I flush my plants a week before harvest and I keep my plants in 24hr darkness before I cut them. I also dont water my plants before harvest a good 2-3 days before because to me it seems it dries quicker.
Sorry to jump In. New to the site, could you advise if these are ready to harvest yet,

IMG-20220604-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20220604-WA0000.jpg

Might be better to post your own thread instead of adding to one that hasn't had any activity in 14 years.

Aside from that, get some sort of magnification device (jeweler's loupe, 30X pocket 'scope, the microscope from your kids junior scientist kit, etc.), and use it to get a good look at the heads of the trichomes (on the flowers, not the ones on the leaves).

Clear = immature, not yet at peak cannabinoid potency/content.

Cloudy (sometimes referred to as milky) = peak potency.

Amber = past peak potency, degraded.

Harvest when you determine that you've got the greatest percentage of cloudy-headed trichomes possible (which won't be 100%, because they're not all the same age).

You can harvest an entire plant, the top portion of a plant, or even individual buds. In other words, of you decide that only part of a plant is ready for harvest, it's okay to only take that part and allow the remainder some additional time.

If you do not know what a trichome is, read this:

Sorry to jump In. New to the site, could you advise if these are ready to harvest yet,

IMG-20220604-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20220604-WA0000.jpg
Welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
Here is a link to ask questions.
And if you want to meet everyone and say hi here is a link.
Is that girl bag seed or from a breeder?
She is shy of pistils?
We need a better pic of tric's
Hope your having a nice day.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Back
Top Bottom