Time to pot up?

Dorr185

420 Member
Hello All,

It's my first time growing cannabis (or anything for that matter), I was wondering if it's time to move my plants out of the plastic cups into a bigger pot. I remember reading that it's a good time to pot up when the roots are growing through the drainage holes, but I didn't add drainage holes (oops!) so I can't tell if the roots are growing out through them. I germinated the seeds in wet paper towels on 04/14 and put them in the cups on 04/14, so they are about 17 days old.

Also, I originally got 3 gallon smart pots, should I get 1 gallon pots in then go up to three, or is it okay to go from the plastic cup to the 3 gallon pots? I was planning to end up in 5 or 10 gallon pots, depending on how things go.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Plant_Side1.jpg

Plant_Top2.jpg

Welcome to :420: Dorr

Your lady´s look pretty fine :thumb:

They are ready after 17 days.
Flip over and pull the cup of and there should be roots.

If you want to go with 5gal I would use 1gal for 10gal the 3gal.
10gal is a lot and need some vegtime (3month + ) and space to make sense.

definitely ready for bigger pots...I've always gone from seedling pots to 1 gallon to 5 gallon...however...this season I'm changing things up...used bigger seedling pots(since my temps are less than desirable and they may spend more time in the house) and then will go into 7 and 10 gallon pots(20/20 hindsight...7 gal would be sufficient)...remember after transfer to bigger pots to water outwards from the plant to force the roots to grow horizontally as well as downwards...h00k...

Back
Top Bottom