Time to try something new any advice?

Skunk No1

Hi all

Main strains: skunk no1 and super silver haze (sensi seeds)

I have been growing for a while now swapping and changing from coca to hydro and trying different techniques.
I'm now going back to watering the plants myself. But the main advice I'm after is what soil/clay/perlite ect. what ratios should I use?

All advice will help just want to see what other people are doing.

Cheers

I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest cut with 30% perlite. It would also depend on what you will be feeding them.

Cheers for the replies thought might of been a few more ideas, it is still early days. The basement mix does seem good but seems this May not be as easy for me to source, would you advise mixing this with perlite if I can get hold of some?

Thanks

If you can get a hold of The Basement Mix from Royal Gold then you'll be set. Really nice mix.

JJBones, can you tell us what is so special with that mix? I went to their site and all it said was it was great, not why.

I want to use the best medium for hand watering with sufficient air getting to the roots I've had some issues in the past with it not draining as well.

The best tasting bud Ive smoked/vaped was grown in Subcools Super Soil mix. Its a bit pricey to make a batch but all you do is add de-chlorinated water as needed. I had to add some lime to my pots too but I dont know if that goes for everyone or not. The recipe calls for full boxes of amendment in all but 1 or 2 cases so thats 100 bucks regardless and then bags of Roots Soil here are like 12 bucks each when you buy 10 or more so about 220 bucks for a whole batch of 90 +/- gallons. You can make smaller batches by doing some math though and cut the cost down. One thing to remember though is the Super Soil is only for half +/- the pot so more Roots Soil will be needed for the top half which is added expense. Well worth it though in my opinion.

Another option lots of people on here are doing now is Doc Buds HighBrix Kit. I havent tried it but those who do say its even better than the Super Soil. You can find multiple journals here of HighBrix grows if interested

Research TLO, high brix kit, subcool's super soil, ROLS

High brix kit might be the cheapest method to get started with. Some of the others take a bit to start but u will be able to use the same dirt for ever and it will only improve over time.

I haven't smoked the "kit" bud yet, but ppl are raving. My thread's on TLO style.

Edit: perlite is your answer for aeration of soil, Any soil mix

Back
Top Bottom