Timeout420's CFL PC Case Grow - 2015

Timeout420

i just wanna say that i love the 420 fam and i am so excited to start my first grow and my first grow journal after stalking the forums for quite sometime now :cheesygrinsmiley: .

this is my first grow ever, using a corsair obsidian d900 pc case to grow 1 afghan kush ryder and 1 berry ryder both auto flowering strains.

currently im on day 7 since start of germination, i have both seedlings in 2 5.5" x 4.9" 0.37 gal pots and i think im gonna keep em in those pots till harvest. i used foxfarm original planting mix with perlite only so far, going to wait 1-2 more weeks to start feeding some nutes. i heard that autos don't like much nutrients maybe 1/4 of the recommended dosage so ill be sure to read up more on that.

im currently running one 30w 2700k cfl and two 60w equivelant 6500k cfls, will be adding more cfls once i have a chance to go to the hardware store. im keeping the seedlings 2-3 inches away from the light. temps get to 27-29c at day and 24-27c at night, RH is bouncing between 40% and 60% staying near 45% most of the time.

im using mineral water to water the plants, pH of water goin in is 6.5, pH of drained water is around 5.5-6, not sure if using mineral water is good for the plants or not :helpsmilie: but i just used it because of the good pH numbers.

here's some pics :thumb:

2fed08d6624d6ffc762d39a2f014e39a.jpg

54abb071f97f53e3a94b484e6f746a2e.jpg

f4de63027285b092ee2e9870836b9dc8.jpg

67789bfe5a7aa975a37b88cb368b2b4e.jpg

the afghan kush has a purple-ish stem, is that normal?

been trying to upload the photos through the website for the past 2 hours but i keep getting an error saying server i/o error, i've no idea what that error is and can't seem to find a fix for it.

Yes they look great. Purple stem is sign of genetics, but could also be a magnesium deficiency. Honestly I'm sure it's just genetics since there still seedlings. So I wouldn't worry to much about that till they are more mature.

As far as nutes. Yes auto like about a 1/4 strength. Not saying you can't push a little more. Being your first grow. There will be trial and error. Then again that's what we are here for. Looking great I'm gonna hang out for this grow. Good luck.

Yes they look great. Purple stem is sign of genetics, but could also be a magnesium deficiency. Honestly I'm sure it's just genetics since there still seedlings. So I wouldn't worry to much about that till they are more mature.

As far as nutes. Yes auto like about a 1/4 strength. Not saying you can't push a little more. Being your first grow. There will be trial and error. Then again that's what we are here for. Looking great I'm gonna hang out for this grow. Good luck.

i've heard some strains grow colors in colder temps, but since this is a seedling i guess you're right about the genetics.

the thing is i couldn't figure out the recommended dosage of floranova grow and floranova bloom, the chart seems unclear to me.

thanks for the help jrd0821

day 8:

here are the little girls after watering

0b69e1367c96431af02e4050011756c91.jpg

a7adf8d95743c89135dd3ec3a878d15c1.jpg

im not sure why the berry ryder's stem is curled up in the bottom like this:
cbc45c935dd5e9454f8a62572e8f3f1b1.jpg

1a8fc82fc879759822513eda27622a8c1.jpg

quick question guys, should i buy more cfls or get me a sweet lighthouse blackstar 50w led to fit in the case + the cfls i already have?

I guess i will stick to cfls since im low on budget.

good thing is the plant gives you good feedback of whats goin on with her so you can re-adjust along the way.

nutrients:
af02186d8d282773159a08945fd63e11.jpg

feeding chart:
d36450385601917907fdad2047ac9381.jpg

For the FN grow and bloom i think it says no feeding for the first week, second week feed 3ml for every 10L of water or pot size? that is what i don't understand lol.

:thanks: for the insight jrd

good looking seedlings. I have had some plants with purple petioles and stems, but they always performed well, I guess I only have encountered genetic related purple stems. I didn't know this condition could be caused by deficiencies.
Subscribed to your grow, maybe we could play PS4 some day

good looking seedlings. I have had some plants with purple petioles and stems, but they always performed well, I guess I only have encountered genetic related purple stems. I didn't know this condition could be caused by deficiencies.
Subscribed to your grow, maybe we could play PS4 some day

im sure the purple stem is just genetics because i ruled out 2 possibilities which are deficiency(plant is 9 days old so definitely not a deficiency) and cold temps(mine between 24-29 so all good).

sure you can add me on psn: xXTimeout420Xx

:welcome: and enjoy the ride friend.

Hey no problem. I'm here to help. I don't think you should do any nutes till you have 3to 5 sets of true leaves. I tried that Last year and burnt a few up. Had to transplant and flush right away. Give them Some more time.

yeah im planning to feed them in week 2 or 3. i bought (2) 1gal pots to transplant them into but im not sure when is a good time for me to do so, any ideas?

Day 9:

d0a8f93533f69a8651777fe4c74ac5a9.jpg

a7adf8d95743c89135dd3ec3a878d15c1.jpg

5783d6d947190fefe70e8e5a6126b03a.jpg

as you can see i switched the pots because im noticing a better growth on the afghan kush(red pot) than the berry ryder(blue pot), hoping by doing this i give the berry ryder a better angle at the lights.

also i managed to add 2 more cfls a 60w equivelant 6500k 650 lumens and a 42w equivelant 2700k 470 lumens.

total wattage: 52w equivelant of 264w

total lumens: almost 3k, is that a good number? or should i add up more light?

:Namaste:

Day 9:

as you can see i switched the pots because im noticing a better growth on the afghan kush(red pot) than the berry ryder(blue pot), hoping by doing this i give the berry ryder a better angle at the lights.

also i managed to add 2 more cfls a 60w equivelant 6500k 650 lumens and a 42w equivelant 2700k 470 lumens.

total wattage: 52w equivelant of 264w

total lumens: almost 3k, is that a good number? or should i add up more light?

It doesn't matter what the box says about "equivelant to"
I must tell you, your seedlings are growing really slow :c
But i see your problem, they are healthy but aren't growing as fast because they're getting less light
In my grow bucket I have 4x35W 6500K Cfls
About 9600 lumens, and they're pretty happy in it, I wish i could get more light in there though

I keep my seedlings under a 6W led untill they're big enough to actually use the light they're getting, otherwise it's a waste of electricity
Check out this picture
That's the 6W led and the seedling beside it, yes I know the pot is damn small, don't ask xD
DSCN09016.JPG

here's the seedling today, day 4
DSCN09057.JPG

well that is exactly what im thinking, at first i ordered 2 blackstar ufo 135w led lights to fit into my case, when i got the lights i was surprised about their huge size 10" in diameter so i couldn't fit them in the case and gave them to my cousin who started his grow 2 weeks prior to mine using my leds. he is growing some lemon haze and some unknown kush and i gotta tell you they are skyrocketing in growth without any nutes so far.

i might be adding a t2 fluorescent tube which gives 125w no power saving, but thats a project to be done next sunday.

you have a nice healthy plant there, when are you thinking of transplanting it?

Ive thinking about getting a LED panel myself, do they come with replaceable parts (in case something breaks or the LEDs wear out)? I want to maybe make a small box and put a couple plants of Red Poison Auto.
Seedlings looking good mate, don't worry they will start growing faster after growing some more leaves.
Good luck mate.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

Back
Top Bottom