Timer forgot to switch off in flowering

tonymunteanu

Hi there. I know, long time no activity...
Today my timer for the bloom forgot to switch off. It should go off at 10am but for a reason it lasted till 4:20 pm, when i got home and closed the lights. Coincidence? I think not. Now.... Here i am, with 6 hours and a half of extra light, thinking what should i do? Should i give the plant 12h of sleep? Should i continue the schedule as usual? what to do, what to do?
I am in flowering, week 2 and a half.

Note: I really love my schedule (lights on at night, off by day), because most time of the day i am not home, but in the morning and late at night i am for sure, and i can make adjustments if necessary. Also, during the day, my fiancee can use her toys (washing machine, vacuum).

Another weird note: Usually, my cheap non digital timer used to randomly close the lights (for 15 min) due to obvious cheap manufacture (those damn pins didn't stayed in place) and me being cheap (those damn paychecks). I changed my timers 1 month ago (when flowering started) with another cheap brand, who got better pins and didn't cause the problems with light switching off. Today however to my surprise, it didn't switch off... the pins were in their place, but the timer ignored them. Yes, I am cheap. Yes, today I will buy a digital (yet cheap) timer.

However, how is the best to continue with the schedule?

Thanks.

P.S. I searched the forum and didn't find anything related to what i was looking for. Sorry for repost or dumb searching.

happened me i just kept it the same . happened in a grow last year couple of times , i think there is more chance of having problems if there is constant light leaks , that happened to me this year lol got nanners , try to keep on top and not let it happen again once is not too bad and its early flower

happened me i just kept it the same . happened in a grow last year couple of times , i think there is more chance of having problems if there is constant light leaks , that happened to me this year lol got nanners , try to keep on top and not let it happen again once is not too bad and its early flower

Thanks. So for today just 6h of night time and i'll wake her up :)
I don't have light leaks. This was the first time timer forgot to go to sleep. Now i trained my beloved to listen the fan and watch the lights for their shutoff.

If it happens again,leave them on until the next dark cycle.

if the lights stay on,the girls just wont get any sleep,its Ok

But now,you set them up with only 6 hrs of sleep,and that is interrupting the dark cycle,You will be ok,Its only once

its the dark that shouldn't be interrupted,

buy a good timer,lmao.not sure where you are at,but a hydrofarm cheapy will do fine,and by the time you get some-more,you will spend more,than if you would have just bought a good one to start with.

for sure paddysmoke,I have a box of"cheap"timers that have failed me,but the one hydrofarm has been flawless for a couple of years now.
and it was only 4 bucks more than the "brinks"timers

Ups. Next time i will know. Thanks for clearing that up.
I acted on instinct, to find what gone wrong with the timer. I gave him another full spin, and this time, when it was supposed to go dark, it went without a problem.
Where i live, the crappy timer is 6 Euros, the next one is 100 Euros (in hydro shop). You can find something at 10 Euros in electronics supply store (todo list for today).
I live somewhere center-eastern Europe, in a post communist country where the term hydroponic was introduced by the weed growers. In the past couple of years the first hydroponic shop was opened and they were selling Marijuana seeds, bongs and the likes. Sounds nice, i know, everything you need in one place, but it was a pain to go there. The constant fear... *arghh* I avoided to go there and when i had to, i would stock up with nutes/cubes/seeds, to last me two years.
Last time i went there to buy some basic rockwool (since you *almost* can't find hydro rockwool cubes elsewhere, and i searched like crazy) the police was there (stupid enough with their van parked outside), so i did the logical thing and kept walking. Few days latter the owners were arrested and the police stated they crackdown over 20 grow operations (clients of the hydo shop) and more than 900kg of weed was founded. Another shop opened up almost in the same time as the previous one got closed.
This guys don't sell seeds *thank god*, but all growers in need buy here. It is a matter of time till this shop will be watched or be closed so I did the best i could think of, and got myself lights, nutes and cubes to last me few years from now. Sounds apocalyptic, but ...better safe than sorry.

I feel ya,it aint exactly cool where i'm at either,most of us have to be slick.

If its that sketchy,have a friend do the shopping for you.someone not at your address and always pay cash.

can you order?? 100 bucks for a timer??Jesus.

this is a 15$ timer where i'm at,and it is issue free.(online they can be had for under 10)
timer13.jpg

Since i shut down the lights after extra 6 hours of light, would you believe would be better to leave it in dark more? what is the least bad thing i could do?
One thing i could think, was to give it 12 hours of sleep, and gradually to get back to my initial schedule, by giving only 11 h of light for few days, till i could get it to my initial schedule.

I will have to try another 2-3 timers that i saw on the market / shops till i will decide to order.
I can order from outside, but i won't. My golden rule is to avoid ordering as much as i can. I've got things from outside the country in the mail for my office (boring things), and the mail service open and check the product out. Even asking questions for what is it. Happened last year. Always cash and pref. from general stores. Pet stores, Aquariums etc..

dam man,the postie opening your stuff?? that's hard core.

I would let them,get the full 12 hours of sleep,nothing wrong with a 11/13 until you get back to normal,By the end of my grows i'm on a 10/14 schedule.

Or you can just reset it today,Its only been once,and they are early in development.as paddysmoke said,light leaks are a way bigger issue than a timer malfunction.

How are they looking now?

She is looking at the "sun" (i reset the timer to keep my schedule intact)
...She is the same, i guess... i mean, it would be to little time to make any difference (hope) or for new hermy growth to be seen. But i may be wrong. I checked her, they look squicky clean ahd happy. Seeing her smiling i took some pictures for ya'll
DSC_6715_COPY.jpg
DSC_6716_copy.jpg
DSC_6721_copy.jpg

Oh, and this is dog. Dog Loves humans. Humans love dog. Say hello to my little friend :allgood:
DSC_6727_copy.jpg

The setup is looking weird, i know. Long story :volcano-smiley: The scrog i had to instal due to limited vertical space (new tent) Next batch won't be just one on scrog, but many in a sog.
-Curent setup: 250w, drip hydro, White Widow "The last Warior" (My last seed - Yes, i took clones for the next batch and to keep a mother), i use Growth Technology as nutes. I know, not the best, but they were rel. cheap and worked enough for my first grow to continue with them(blaming the lack of big buds to my CFLs). I don't look for perfection, just good enough stuff for myself. When i say i don't look for perfection does not mean that i am not willing to learn/change things (got new hps), i just mean that i accept pros and cons and live with them happily :)

Glad it all worked it for ya. I only use my budget timer for non important things, I got a slightly better one for my lights but I have heard stories if expensive ones failing so it's just bad luck my friend.

Edit: your dog is beautiful (I have a Staffordshire terrier)

dude,that dog is freakin sweet,I love them.playfull energetic,kick ass.I have 2full size pits and 2 minibulls

The plant looks good ,maybe a little trimming Before flower would have helped.

In your area? if its that severe to buy supplies.what is the beatdown difference in 1 plant vs 8 plants??

if it takes you 8 plants to harvest a pound(sog),there are growers here who scrog that get a pound per plant.

I have to stay with the bigger plants for just this reason,my 4 plants,will bring in low end 2.5p. high end 4p
but if I had to sog to get that weight,IN my area,is the difference in--fines- probation for 4 plants and 8 years for the 22-32 plants need to achieve the same goals. Just a thought

Timer did his job today. IDK what was the glitch all about.
SCROG is a great way to minimize the damage in case you get caught and i've done it since my second grow.
I wanted to use a SOG in order to fill up my small tent (90cm x50cm), and try a different veg-flowering time flow. Also since a single plant don't use all the space, and because, in past, when i used CFL and didn't had a good veg room, i couldn't have a constant cycle or product. I also haven't smoke for about four months now and Maybe the SOG plan was the same feeling like going to the market hungry.
However.... I may have exaggerated mentioning that "NEXT" batch i will do a "SOG".
Right now i have used my last seed, who gave me 3 beautiful clones and a dead one that i managed to revive and by the looks, in time she will be just fine.
Here i want your input(i want it everywhere, ofc): My plan is to use the best clone as a mother, two clones for buds, and one for creating FEM Seeds using Rodelization or Colloidal Silver method. I haven't read much about them, all i got is a general idea and i would love some directions if you have any experience.
I hope in this way i will go even further from the dangers of buying things.

This leads me to your questions about legislation and scrog...
Scrog is great, however, if they catch you you most likely won't have just one plant, unless you have access to many seeds. Usualy, a scrog grower, will have the mother, one in VEG, one in flowering, something in the dryer and maybe some clones... In total at least 2-4 plants...

In my country, Marijuana is classified as HIGH RISK DRUG, and growing or dealing will get you with 10 to 20 years of jail time. The number of plants does not count that much since they weight everything they find. Not every case is the same. I read about same day a pot dealer who got 6 years, and ecstasy dealer who got 3 without doing it (probation). It comes down to luck, details of the operation and people involved.

Most of drug busts (i will dare to say more than 80%, might be wrong) are targeting international traffickers. The rest, (local growing operations) are busted due information leaks, dealers under surveillance and stupid accidents (houses burned, landlord surprise visits, nosy neighbor, outdoor visible crops). No news about police crackdown at personal growers. Also, police is kinda jackpot-lazy *Thank you very much*, meaning thay don't want to make much effort writing paperwork for a piece of shit drug user. To much of a hassle, same money, no promotion. They wait and try to catch the big league, with distribution, many buyers, and so on. Buyers and dealers being the weak link, easy to crack and deal with to give up names in higher ranks. All busts are catching them red handed, after many hours of surveillance. The biggest four seed&grow shops were busted and they got 20 busts, the biggest they could get. Again, no personal growers. Most people get caught because of greed (money or psychological greed like bragging, sharing, even posting online) Those patterns are a "god sent" for small personal use only growers.

We are growing just for our personal use. No sharing, no telling, no nothing. We are the most boring couple police would track. They will kill them self while watching us. We don't party, we don't have friends, no one visits us, we visit only parents and work clients, no dealers around us, nor consumers. We hate to carry backpacks or bags. We work, we eat, we smoke, eat more and sleep.We do those things not because growing is risky, just other way around. We grow because our life made our situation easy to grow (far from preying eyes, or dodgy people). Not saying that i am safe, far from it... no one is.

My biggest fears being growshops, supplies, buying nutes or ordering seeds, heat emited from the new HPS lamp and the energy bill :)
As much as lowering the jail sentence if getting caught, i try use all my efforts to minimize the way anything can get traced back to me, in order to sleep better. Making my own fem seeds, or trying to make my own nute from available chemicals (i plan to start reading/trying asap - if you have any pointers, i would gladly read) or organic matter are the most important things in my to do list.
Thanks

I dont have any mothers,I never have.where i am,if she isnt producing,SHE AINT STAYING,lmao.
As I put a plant into flower,I take cuttings from her and as they flower for 2 months,the cuttings veg for 2 months.SO by the time flower is over,you have a full size girl ready to go.
with this system,even 1 plant at a time could bring you 3lbs a year easy.6 flowering harvest a year

But I will warn you,when you put all your eggs in one basket,IF something happens to her,you are out of a harvest,and that sucks.

Here i want your input(i want it everywhere, ofc): My plan is to use the best clone as a mother, two clones for buds, and one for creating FEM Seeds using Rodelization or Colloidal Silver method. I haven't read much about them, all i got is a general idea and i would love some directions if you have any experience.
I hope in this way i will go even further from the dangers of buying things.

I believe you need MALE pollen to make the seeds,then the other products to make them fem seeds.

In my country, Marijuana is classified as HIGH RISK DRUG,
I think that's a world wide law,over here it is a schedule 1 drug,no medicinal value,place higher than,heroin and cocaine. stupid really

on your next scrogg,any chance on building 1?? Those holes are a little tight,I like to space 3 or more inches apart.

I believe you need MALE pollen to make the seeds,then the other products to make them fem seeds.
take a read. no males needed. DIY How to Make Your Own Colloidal Silver for Feminized Seed Production
true, my scrog is tight. I'll build another these days. this was the only chicken wire i found at a market (2$ for two scrogs cutted at my instruction). I'll look for a larger one since i am also disappointed by the size. For now it does the job and let me focus on other things.

i also put once all my eggs (read: cuttings) in one basket and now i am starving, lol :))

Back
Top Bottom