Timer issue - Possibility of revegging in flower - Help

chuckpumpkins

So.

I am week 4 into flower. Tonight I received a carbon filter to install so I did this. I had to reinstall my timer in my tent at the same time. I think I did a mistake and did not put it back on auto. Usualy the lights shut off at 9PM . turn on at 9 AM. Now it was 11:45 pm when I heard the fans start in the tent. I checked if there was any lights an saw all was on. So I put back my timer on auto (off.)

Now the day was longer of 2 hours 45 minutes. Or there was a glitch with the timer and the ligts turned back on at 11:45pm.

Whats the possible impact on my grow ? Did I crew up everything ?
Should I turn the ligths on later tomorrow morning and shift my schedule a bit ?

You’ll be totally fine. Timer screw ups are common, at least at my place. Usually from confused growers (me) making mistakes, but also sometimes from timers that just go wonky. You need to screw up worse than that to cause any trouble. Just set it to whatever schedule you were following before, if that was working for you.

Keeping light discipline is extremely important, but this one incident won't cause any ill effects. While you are being paranoid check your tent for light leaks and make sure you have taped over any LEDs from light switches etc. inside the tent. The best way to check for leaks is to turn on all your room lights and sit inside the tent while it is zipped up.

FUCK.

I had a timer issue last week. And I tought that my problem was the random settings that was on. Well this morning I discovered that my ligths were already on again. and the timer was back on random. Now i switched the timer but I have no idea to know how long this happened and how many times this happened again.

Should i put them in darkness for 24 hours an resume tomorrow the normal cycle

I've found the basic dial and button timers the best, easy $10 and works perfect

The digital will hose up if u loose power

Reset the timer, or get a new cheap one, and they will be fine over time, not much else you can do

I've found the basic dial and button timers the best, easy $10 and works perfect

The digital will hose up if u loose power

Reset the timer, or get a new cheap one, and they will be fine over time, not much else you can do

Yes well since there are no ways to know how many ligth they got.
I even think maybe they got 24 hours of lights.

I switched the timers this morning when I discovered that. I will let them in the dark until the next morning. 24 hours. REsume normal schedule at 9am tomorrow.

I think thats the best I can do with the data I know.

So here is an update on my timer issue. its been fixed exactly 7 days ago. I am wondering if the plants are fine or if they look strange. How long will it take before i know that i didn't damage them.

Looks good to me.
Things to watch for would be signs of reveg, in which case the buds get a more leafy appearance over time- little green leaves coming out of the buds. It’s subtle at first and happens pretty slowly.
The other problem could be nanners. Google ‘cannabis nanners’ for pics and check over your buds.
I think either one is unlikely and I don’t see any problems in your pics.

Looks good to me.
Things to watch for would be signs of reveg, in which case the buds get a more leafy appearance over time- little green leaves coming out of the buds. It’s subtle at first and happens pretty slowly.
The other problem could be nanners. Google ‘cannabis nanners’ for pics and check over your buds.
I think either one is unlikely and I don’t see any problems in your pics.

So after maybe another week. I would consider myself out of the wood ?

I think so yeah. One time I had a timer malfunction and... well actually many times I’ve had timers malfunction, but that one time I had a timer malfunction and stay on for about four days before I noticed it and the one Thai plant that was under directly under the lights started to reveg. It was almost 2 weeks before I completely decided that that’s what had happened. At that point in my growing experience though I didn’t know much about re-veg so I posted about it - and other people told me yeah that’s a reveg for sure

Back
Top Bottom