TimHomeagrow G13 Haze & Majin Buu In Soil

Timhomegrow

Getting ready to do my third grow and first grow with photo period. Previous two grows were Blue Dreamatic autos.

The Setup:
Barneys Farm G13 Haze photo feminized x2
Ghost Genetics Majin Buu photo fem x2
Both are mostly sativa

4'x4'x6.5' tent with 6" AC Infinity fan with temp/humidity controller

Mars Hydro TS3000, 450w

7 gal. Smart Pots

Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil mixed with 20% perlite

Megacrop

fans inside the tent along with temp/humidity gauge

Temperature: assuming 78 or so with the new light

Humidity: last grow it was 48-58%

Techniques to be tried:
Back Budding
LST

Harvest/Dry:
Will put in the dark for 36 hours prior to the chop
Half will dry low and slow in the fridge and half will be hung dry (68 degrees and 52-60 humidity)
Cure in jars with 62% humidity packs

Put the four seeds in jiffy pods this morning to try and hit this full moon
IMG_20201126_093825.jpg

Big thanks to those who have helped in my first two grows, hope y'all can follow along:. @013 @13goody13 @Emilya @Rickstertp @Carcass @Stunger @BeanTownFan420 @Ganjagrandaddy

Well, things aren't starting off well. First two grows I had 100% germination rate with the Jiffy pods. This time one our of four have sprouted. No idea why.

If the others don't sprout by tonight I'm going to float some more seeds.

Should I keep the one that has sprout or toss it since it will have a few days head start? I'm afraid of having one plant be bigger during the whole grow.

IMG_20201202_083308.jpg

Keep it, never know how others may turn out or die. Yeah my crap is germing really slow
Only thing I can thing of is this really cold snap may be keeping the rooms a bit cooler.

Even have the full moon for this germination haha.

Best I can figure out this will be the plan......, float seeds for 24hrs and wait for them to sink, put in wet paper towel until taproot comes out, and then plant in soil. Missing anything?

Best I can figure out this will be the plan......, float seeds for 24hrs and wait for them to sink, put in wet paper towel until taproot comes out, and then plant in soil. Missing anything?
after finding that the bleach used in making some brands of paper towels can kill the seedlings, I stopped using that step and as soon as I get tails in the floating/sinking stage, I simply plant them 1/2 inch deep, pointy end down. Eliminating that paper towel step seems to have greatly increase my percentage of plants that reach the surface and thrive.

after finding that the bleach used in making some brands of paper towels can kill the seedlings, I stopped using that step and as soon as I get tails in the floating/sinking stage, I simply plant them 1/2 inch deep, pointy end down. Eliminating that paper towel step seems to have greatly increase my percentage of plants that reach the surface and thrive.
Awesome thanks! I'll follow your instructions. 420 rocks!

excited to see how these turn out. I just dropped some g13 skunk in some water yesterday. my germ rates have been jacked up the last few weeks too. maybe the seeds smell the rona
Glad it's just not me having issues this time ha. I know the jiffy pods aren't the preferred method but it worked great for me the first two times

Well, I now have 3 in soil in solo cups and three that sprouted tails in water that will be planted tomorrow. These photos really are slow compared to my previous two auto grows.
IMG_20201207_202351.jpg

In more exciting news....got the new mars Hydro tent and Mars Hydro TS3000 set up and running ;). Right now I have it at 17,000 lux to test it out. Seedlings will go in tomorrow I think. Currently they are in my original tent/light
IMG_20201207_192630.jpg

I have the drivers on top of the tent on the wood that came in the box to keep the heat down. I'm having a hard time getting the top right side vent to cinch down tight enough to block the light leak....will look at it more. It's my Bday I ate a few gummies .
IMG_20201207_200128.jpg

Silly question with photo periods . .....should I use the tent side vents or is it better to get an intake tube to prevent light leak?

Congrats on the new tent and light! Belated Happy Birthday!!!

Don’t know if this will help or not but I put a piece of clean 6 inch stove pipe in one of my vents and cinched the draw string cord tight around that, I also got a 6 inch stove pipe closure cap that I can add or remove to help with air flow or to make it dark

Well, I now have 3 in soil in solo cups and three that sprouted tails in water that will be planted tomorrow. These photos really are slow compared to my previous two auto grows.
IMG_20201207_202351.jpg

In more exciting news....got the new mars Hydro tent and Mars Hydro TS3000 set up and running ;). Right now I have it at 17,000 lux to test it out. Seedlings will go in tomorrow I think. Currently they are in my original tent/light
IMG_20201207_192630.jpg

I have the drivers on top of the tent on the wood that came in the box to keep the heat down. I'm having a hard time getting the top right side vent to cinch down tight enough to block the light leak....will look at it more. It's my Bday I ate a few gummies .
IMG_20201207_200128.jpg

Silly question with photo periods . .....should I use the tent side vents or is it better to get an intake tube to prevent light leak?
Happy belated Birthday.... I like your gift to self. I Jerry rigged a passive intake on my vent. It works great and no light leaks.
I bought everything at Home depot except 6 inch ducting. Had to order light proof ducting the regular ducting I found out has major light leaks. Their are pin holes all over it.. Would have never known unless I tried it.

E2781B4F-D86B-4A81-B977-E2C4EAB924EC.JPG
1240198E-3B3F-4378-9A4A-11B9BB19AD9C.JPG
4C75374A-2C70-428B-A48F-6B83B6178F5B.JPG
CEAB2E6C-CC7D-424B-BF76-7B077F600B42.JPG
6C35B9DD-545A-41F7-9BFF-22AB0AB85ACE.JPG
AF4376E1-1729-4E43-A497-C752F5C2F121.JPG
A7837436-1133-4E2D-BBD1-7353EAE7FA05.JPG
0B334C3D-FB75-4EA1-98FF-05E31AC5C956.JPG

My first two grows were both autos and the same strain so they basically all popped around the same time, within a day of each other. This time I'm doing photoperiod with two strains and noticing a difference in time taken to pop and growth.

With them being photos versus autos....is it normal for them to be growing so slowly as babies? My biggest one is now 11 days old and seems much smaller than my auto grows at 11 days. Hope it's normal ;)

IMG_20201211_102554.jpg

Back
Top Bottom