TimHomeagrow G13 Haze & Majin Buu In Soil

Wow congrats on that one!
I'm reading @Stunger thead on cobbs. You always talk about them too and I figure I have plenty of bud, may as well try something new ha. First time I ever heard about it was from you @013

Hey Tim, sorry I have missed some your grow the notifications sometimes drop off, but great stuff with your harvest, looks really really nice! Great work! :thumb:

Thanks for your mention on my foray into the world of cobbing. I've been fascinated by it for a couple of years or so, but initially I didn't have enough harvest to feel I wanted to take the risk on 'fermenting' it, but now after reading a lot I felt a lot more ready to take the leap and jump the shark! I'm trying to document it so others can perhaps get a quicker feeling of what it's about as it took me a long time reading all thru the cobbling thread here and over on IC. Be well! :)

Doing a close inspection of the drying buds...looks like the G13 has nanners. It's only a few and on a few colas, not seeing or feeling seeds.

Are these nanners? I picked one off and crushed it and white power was inside

20210429_130235.jpg
20210429_125641.jpg
20210429_125634.jpg

Doing a close inspection of the drying buds...looks like the G13 has nanners. It's only a few and on a few colas, not seeing or feeling seeds.

Are these nanners? I picked one off and crushed it and white power was inside
Yes I think those are bananas with pollen inside for sure. The great thing is, that any seeds you find will be self pollinated female seeds.

Yes I think those are bananas with pollen inside for sure. The great thing is, that any seeds you find will be self pollinated female seeds.
So far no seeds found, did seem to fine one that seemed like a hollow seed shell.

So far no seeds found, did seem to fine one that seemed like a hollow seed shell.
If the nanas came pretty late in the grow then quite possibly there is not time for the plant to go on to make seeds that are viable as they still need the best part of 4 weeks to become viable. I am guessing a few won't bother your harvest much at all. Emilya said if you leave an unpollinated plant to grow out past it's normal harvest point that there is a good chance that it will produce nanas in the attempt to self pollinate itself.

If the nanas came pretty late in the grow then quite possibly there is not time for the plant to go on to make seeds that are viable as they still need the best part of 4 weeks to become viable. I am guessing a few won't bother your harvest much at all. Emilya said if you leave an unpollinated plant to grow out past it's normal harvest point that there is a good chance that it will produce nanas in the attempt to self pollinate itself.
I bet that's what happened. I kept waiting and waiting for amber tricomes, but she "looked" ready. Finally saw a few and said time to go ;)

I think the nanners are somewhat new, seems as the bud dries more are appearing and not as hidden.

I bet that's what happened. I kept waiting and waiting for amber tricomes, but she "looked" ready. Finally saw a few and said time to go ;)

I think the nanners are somewhat new, seems as the bud dries more are appearing and not as hidden.

Your plants look fully 'budded' as opposed to fully seeded! If those few nanas have made a few viable seeds they'll be S1's and female so it'll be a bonus if you find any.

I recently made a post here, after a grow buddy gave me some samples of his grow which became totally seeded due to him also growing male plants, after I picked most out I estimated close to 60% by weight were seeds which would be regular, whereas if you find any they will be female seeds.

G13 Haze all done. 147g plus a paper bag full of larf. Going to try sift hash with the larf

20210506_183949.jpg

Between the two Majin Buu and this G13 Haze, about 400g. I have a foxtailed G13 still in the tent along with this Majin Buu that has really dense, heavy, and Big buds. She's foxtailng a bit, think my nutes may be too much this late. Camera makes the leaves look much more yellow than reality, she's actually the 2nd best plant I've grown so far.
20210506_074304.jpg

Definitely need to take a break for a while or do just one plant haha

The foxtailing is how these buds expand out horizontally... it is actually a good thing. Regarding the nutes, I see calcium and potassium deficiencies... more finishing nutes and some calmag are what are needed, in my humble opinion... not less nutes. Looking spectacular though... those buds are finishing out strong!
Thanks! I'm certainly improving, it was this time last year I did my first grow ha. My nute game needs improvement and reading my plants a bit more. I may take the next two months and really study LOS. Being colorblind doesn't help and I think using MC makes that more challenging. But I can't complain ;)

Thank you SO much for all the help from day when I didn't even know how to properly water ha

day 69 from flip

This Majin Buu is getting close, a few more days. The pictures make the leaves appear more yellow than they really are, this is the second best plant I've grown ha. Colas are nice and dense and heavy, smells great too!

20210514_082909.jpg
20210514_082902.jpg
20210514_082755.jpg

Well, they may or may not be ready, but with a trip June 6-14, they will be getting chopped this week. I'd like to have them in jars for 7-10 days before leaving, and will take 5-7 days to hang dry.

Majin Buu, 72 days from flip. While I'm still seeing white pistils, I think it's from a little foxtailing. On some colas I see 10% amber tricomes, some just one here or there, and others I see no amber but all cloudy. While I'd love to give her a bit longer...time is my determining factor.
20210517_082712.jpg

The G13 Haze (80% sativa) is 93 days from flip. She stretched and has been too close to the light so lots of foxtailing. Mostly all white pistils and still some clear tricomes, no amber that I can find. She probably could go a few weeks longer but will have to get chopped too. Her buds are crazy thick and heavy so maybe she's ready on the inside ha
20210517_081636.jpg

In the tent, MB on the left and G13 right.
20210517_071751.jpg

20210517_082646.jpg

Apologies THG, life has been on autopilot for a while!

Crap that MB & G13 both look dank, bet your place reeks!!! You’ve done a stellar job on that crew! Yes the cobs worked out really nice...I compressed a bunch to make the cobs. It’s not the same as fresh bud for taste & terps but I considered it as a weed savings bank since the cure is slow. I ran out of fresh bud in like November and have been using up the cobs as my only source of green. I’m burnt out on the taste after hitting the same strain for months on end since I haven’t had a fresh harvest in a while but I mix with a little cbd to tweak the flavor and it does a nice job. Cobs cuts the harshness down big time.... monster hit = no cough!

Apologies THG, life has been on autopilot for a while!

Crap that MB & G13 both look dank, bet your place reeks!!! You’ve done a stellar job on that crew! Yes the cobs worked out really nice...I compressed a bunch to make the cobs. It’s not the same as fresh bud for taste & terps but I considered it as a weed savings bank since the cure is slow. I ran out of fresh bud in like November and have been using up the cobs as my only source of green. I’m burnt out on the taste after hitting the same strain for months on end since I haven’t had a fresh harvest in a while but I mix with a little cbd to tweak the flavor and it does a nice job. Cobs cuts the harshness down big time.... monster hit = no cough!
Come for a visit if you pass by the area....I'll gladly hook you up! Dare I say, I have too much pot haha

Ah man thanks but I was just explaining how the cobs worked out. I figured I woukd have a stash pile that lasted for 3 years but then I crapped out with pests again big time. I’m still green but I need to fill up some jars for sure. Again the cobs are not premo like fresh but it makes for compact storage of safety net stash & it’s real smooth so there are benefits. It’s not going to be dank as the bud was on terps & taste but it’s still cool stuff to tinker with. The funny part is sharing it with someone - it’s sleep cell category, about 30 minutes later your buddy says didn’t taste much but whew this kicks like a mule.

Back
Top Bottom