Timing for Ebb & Flow: how often flooding per day?

Fietchen

Hello,

is my Ebb and Flow System right settled?

My Flooding Tray needs 4 minutes to fill the Tray than and it takes 5 minutes to let the water drain back to empty the Tray how long I have to turn my Timer on? I have let it 13 Minutes going that's the time for how long the Pots are in the Nutrients Solution is that correct? And I let it Drain for the first time when the Light's going on 30 minutes later than the next time I flooding 12 a clock and 4 a clock 3 times a Day 5 hours between each flooding no flooding at night!

I am new to E&F. I am running the Active Aqua Flow & Grow and had it starting every 4 hours and letting the pots sit in the solution for 30 minutes before it drains.
I was at my hydro store yesterday and my hydro guy said I should start every 3 to 4 hours and let the pots sit in the solution for an hour. I will be switching to a 3 hour start time and let the sit in the solution for one hour then drain back into the reservoir. My plants got off to a slow start, I started them in 1.5" rockwool cubes and they took a while to emerge and then it took quite a bit to see any roots. I transplanted into the grow pots and began hand watering until the roots emerged from the bottom of the pots. They have been on auto now for about a week.

I am new to E&F. I am running the Active Aqua Flow & Grow and had it starting every 4 hours and letting the pots sit in the solution for 30 minutes before it drains.
I was at my hydro store yesterday and my hydro guy said I should start every 3 to 4 hours and let the pots sit in the solution for an hour. I will be switching to a 3 hour start time and let the sit in the solution for one hour then drain back into the reservoir. My plants got off to a slow start, I started them in 1.5" rockwool cubes and they took a while to emerge and then it took quite a bit to see any roots. I transplanted into the grow pots and began hand watering until the roots emerged from the bottom of the pots. They have been on auto now for about a week.

I here maximal 15 min flooding

I here maximal 15 min flooding

Can you point me to the article you got that from?
I have read that but also have read that you can go as long as an hour if you are doing multiple fills a day.

Can you point me to the article you got that from?
I have read that but also have read that you can go as long as an hour if you are doing multiple fills a day.
I don't think so for that long time... Research by yourself ore make a thread here. I can proof it to you my me but I do 15 min 2 times a day and the roots looking not good underneath the airport so I never will do more then 10min for coco Clay's are docent but I don't think they flooding more then 15min too. They can drink a lot in that time why more water then they needing?

Hiya - if you are using hydroton clay pebbles in your flood and drain/ebb and flow system much depends on the light and heat too
If it is hot, every 15 minutes is often recommended, but if it is cooler every 30-60 minutes seems ok
In a hempy/perlite you can get away with several hours

Hiya - if you are using hydroton clay pebbles in your flood and drain/ebb and flow system much depends on the light and heat too
If it is hot, every 15 minutes is often recommended, but if it is cooler every 30-60 minutes seems ok
Pure coco what you think with flooding then?

Can you expand on this.
I am running 8 cycles a day, auto plants so no night cycle. At present the fill pump starts at 10 AM and empty's at 10:30 AM. Then it's 1 PM fill/1:30 PM drain, 4 PM/4:30 Pm and so on. Fill cycle every three hours and let it sit in the solution for 30 minutes before draining back to the reservoir. I was told to let the roots sit in the solution for 1 hour before pumping back to the rez but I think this is too long and worry about over watering.

Pure coco what you think with flooding then?
Flooding or dunking coco is a great way to water the entire pot and draw fresh oxygen into the root zone
I now use a gravity fed dripper system for convenience but manually 'flood' one a week or so
This is the greatest bonus of growing in coco - almost impossible to overwater

Flooding or dunking coco is a great way to water the entire pot and draw fresh oxygen into the root zone
I now use a gravity fed dripper system for convenience but manually 'flood' one a week or so
This is the greatest bonus of growing in coco - almost impossible to overwater
Hey, i flooding 1 time a day for 15 minutes it's better flooding more with less minutes?

Hey, i flooding 1 time a day for 15 minutes it's better flooding more with less minutes?
In coco once a day should be fine as long as it can drain freely and the plant is drinking it up - not constantly soggy wet
In clay pebbles, 15 mins per hour is common as it will drain and dry more quickly

Can you expand on this.
I am running 8 cycles a day, auto plants so no night cycle. At present the fill pump starts at 10 AM and empty's at 10:30 AM. Then it's 1 PM fill/1:30 PM drain, 4 PM/4:30 Pm and so on. Fill cycle every three hours and let it sit in the solution for 30 minutes before draining back to the reservoir. I was told to let the roots sit in the solution for 1 hour before pumping back to the rez but I think this is too long and worry about over watering.
I've never heard of repeatedly submerging the roots for that long without H2O2 for Oxygen
Changing the res more frequently might help keep the water fresh with nutes and O

Back
Top Bottom