Timmy Haha's First DWC C4 Auto Grow Journal - 2016

Im seeing a potassium problem. Looks exactly like images from GWE website when you google it. Not sure why. Maybe your ph is swinging so much its locking it out? Maybe that strain is just a potassium hog?
Calcium starts as small necrotic spots that get bigger until the leaf curls up and dies and magnesium usually starts as a yellowing between the veins- intraveinal chlorosis i think its called.

Man isn't that the truth. It seems like yesterday I came home and found them laying on their sides - a toothpick was thicker and stronger. Time flies. Something tells me the last half seems to take much longer than the first half tho lol.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

lol I remember the toothpicks! Your lady's first training! Lol, and yes the second half is longer but you get to sample popcorn buds in few weeks if you want that helped me get through to the end

Ruth is looking good...I even see some sugar starting on her :thumb:

Your leaf problems....not a clue...sorry, just don't have the knowledge yet.

Tom Petty said it best " The waiting is the hardest part " They grow so fast its amazing but then the budding process is taking FOREVER.....:laughtwo:

I did do a bud backbuilding experiment yesterday...so I dried the tips I cut and the wife and I had a taste last night.....I knows its not at its best yet as the trichs are still clear.....but damn is was sneeky....crept up about 10 min later and my wife said....holy crap hun....i'm baked...lol....I myself was impressed with the test bowl and can only say that this is going to be some awesome smoke for my wife and I.

Some one will chime in and help with the leaf issue...just keep giving them all the love you can and they will make it

:circle-of-love:

So I had heard before that advanced nutrients auto balances your ph, but I hadn't tested it until tonight, I'd ph balance before adding nutes. Usually, my well water comes out around 7.8. Tonight I mixed in all my nutes first, then dipped the wand in for a reading and it came out right on 7. I was pretty impressed. That might cut down on some of your problems in the future. At the very least, you have that knowledge now. (If you're already running AN my apologies for being redundant).

And I don't know jack, but I think that might just be nute burn. It looks like it starts from the tips and expands inwards. Hopefully someone can clarify for us.

That's a shame about your haze. We're you growing it under your more powerful lamp? The light might've been to intense?

Blueberry or sour deez get my vote.

Big yields indeed! Cheers.

I was growing the haze under my 250w cfl that I used to germinate my current grow. I think it was the seed itself. The husk was still stuck around the middle of the stem as it was growing and I think maybe it choked the poor thing? But the husk came off easily, so it didn't seem like it was constricting anything. Anyway...live and learn.

I'm leaning towards the sour diesel too, since it's an auto. I'd like to see if I have the same problems with an auto, which would mean my leaf problems are due to my water and nutes rather than the strain. If I don't have the same probs, then I'll know it's something particular to this strain needing different levels of nutes.

Man isn't that the truth. It seems like yesterday I came home and found them laying on their sides - a toothpick was thicker and stronger. Time flies. Something tells me the last half seems to take much longer than the first half tho lol.

That's so funny! I remember those days fondly too...it was almost two months ago yet it feels like last week. I had to prop my seedling up with some tweezers for a day after I first transferred her to the bucket! And now look at her!

002_2_16.JPG

Day_38_pics_012.JPG

Im seeing a potassium problem. Looks exactly like images from GWE website when you google it. Not sure why. Maybe your ph is swinging so much its locking it out? Maybe that strain is just a potassium hog?
Calcium starts as small necrotic spots that get bigger until the leaf curls up and dies and magnesium usually starts as a yellowing between the veins- intraveinal chlorosis i think its called.

Dude looking at your leaf problems and then at my Grow Bible it seem like a Zinc, Potassium deficiency.

Peace

You know, that was my first guess a few weeks ago when the problem first started happening! Since the problem has never fully cleared, I'm going to start leaning towards that. I can't remember what I need to do to cure it, so I'll have to do some more research. Now where's that bookmark I made to the leaf diagnosis page with pictures.....?

lol I remember the toothpicks! Your lady's first training! Lol, and yes the second half is longer but you get to sample popcorn buds in few weeks if you want that helped me get through to the end

I didn't know we could sample popcorn buds so soon!
:yahoo:
I was wondering about that last night when I zoomed in on some of my pics and saw the trichomes already forming. I thought, "would they provide any kind of kick right now?" I'll wait a bit before popping any...but how do you quick dry them? Is there a preferred method people use?

Thanks for all the awesome responses and words of encouragement everyone! Truly appreciated!!!!

:thanks:

As a mater of fact...I sampled patty last night :thumb: I did some research on quick drying and I chose to lay a piece of foil over the end of a desk lamp with a 40w incandescent...turned it on for about 2-3 minutes at a time and let it get warm then let it cool and repeat until dry enough. Probably took me 10-15 minutes all together and was just dry enough for a decent burn. It was a little early as all the trichs were clear....but she will be great in a few weeks.

I remember the tweezer pic....I thought that was a great use of a resource.. and to look at her now.

I would wait until you see a little color in the trichs before sampling...at least cloudy.

As a mater of fact...I sampled patty last night :thumb: I did some research on quick drying and I chose to lay a piece of foil over the end of a desk lamp with a 40w incandescent...turned it on for about 2-3 minutes at a time and let it get warm then let it cool and repeat until dry enough. Probably took me 10-15 minutes all together and was just dry enough for a decent burn. It was a little early as all the trichs were clear....but she will be great in a few weeks.

Nice! I didn't realize it could be that quick too! Woot woot! In a couple of weeks, I'll give it a go!!
:Rasta:

Day 48 Update

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! While I'm waiting for all the hoopla and pregame stuff to start (Go Patriots!!! :cheer:), I thought I'd take a couple of photos and do an update.

The best news I have is that my leaf problems seem to have stopped. All the old damage is still there, but nothing's spread and her growth of buds has bloomed (pun intended)!

Let the frostiness begin.....

Day_48_pics_006.JPG

Day_48_pics_005.JPG

Day_48_pics_004.JPG

Day_48_pics_009.JPG

I have to top up with a least 1/2 gallon of water everyday, she's drinking so much! Since I'm still worried about the high phosphorus levels, I don't want to keep using so much pH Down to lower the pH of the top-up water. So I'm adding low levels of nutrients to the top-up water to lower the pH naturally.

Beginning this past Friday (day before yesterday), I added 5ml of Flora Bloom, 5ml of Liquid Koolbloom, 1ml of Floraliscious Plus, and 5ml of Cal/Mag to 1 gallon of water. I then had to add only 10 drops of pH Down to get the pH of the water to 5.8. I added 1/2 gallon of this water to the reservoir yesterday and another 1/2 gallon this morning. I haven't noticed any adverse reactions yet, so I'll mix up another batch of this water today and use it tomorrow and Tuesday.

Today's readings are:
  • Air temp: 73.6F
  • RH: 41%
  • pH: 6.3
  • H2O Temp: 68.7
  • PPM: 491

Here's how she's looking overall:

Day_48_pics_010.JPG

Day_48_pics_011.JPG

The tallest point of the plant is now 15" high. I've trimmed a couple of the biggest fan leaves from the inside of the plant to open her up a bit and hopefully the buds in the center will pop up bigger now.

Day_48_pics_013.JPG

And just for reference, here's the biggest, main stem bud:

Day_48_pics_016.JPG

Not too big yet, but just in the past couple of days it's started to fill out. So I thought I'd keep doing a reference pic to check its progress.

Happy growing all! Go Pats!
:party:

Day 48 Update

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! While I'm waiting for all the hoopla and pregame stuff to start (Go Patriots!!! :cheer:), I thought I'd take a couple of photos and do an update.

The best news I have is that my leaf problems seem to have stopped. All the old damage is still there, but nothing's spread and her growth of buds has bloomed (pun intended)!

Let the frostiness begin.....

Day_48_pics_006.JPG

Day_48_pics_005.JPG

Day_48_pics_004.JPG

Day_48_pics_009.JPG

I have to top up with a least 1/2 gallon of water everyday, she's drinking so much! Since I'm still worried about the high phosphorus levels, I don't want to keep using so much pH Down to lower the pH of the top-up water. So I'm adding low levels of nutrients to the top-up water to lower the pH naturally.

Beginning this past Friday (day before yesterday), I added 5ml of Flora Bloom, 5ml of Liquid Koolbloom, 1ml of Floraliscious Plus, and 5ml of Cal/Mag to 1 gallon of water. I then had to add only 10 drops of pH Down to get the pH of the water to 5.8. I added 1/2 gallon of this water to the reservoir yesterday and another 1/2 gallon this morning. I haven't noticed any adverse reactions yet, so I'll mix up another batch of this water today and use it tomorrow and Tuesday.

Today's readings are:
  • Air temp: 73.6F
  • RH: 41%
  • pH: 6.3
  • H2O Temp: 68.7
  • PPM: 491

Here's how she's looking overall:

Day_48_pics_010.JPG

Day_48_pics_011.JPG

The tallest point of the plant is now 15" high. I've trimmed a couple of the biggest fan leaves from the inside of the plant to open her up a bit and hopefully the buds in the center will pop up bigger now.

Day_48_pics_013.JPG

And just for reference, here's the biggest, main stem bud:

Day_48_pics_016.JPG

Not too big yet, but just in the past couple of days it's started to fill out. So I thought I'd keep doing a reference pic to check its progress.

Happy growing all! Go Pats!
:party:

Lookin awesome....nothing like seeing them frost up like that.....letting you know she appreciates all your love and affection.

Keep up the good work and it won't be long :thumb:

:circle-of-love:

I don't know if it's the purple lighting on that shiny thumb nail but damn Timmy you could be a hand model! I'm so jealous of how your plant is going, I remember subbing along when I was starting my last lot and lost them.. *single tear* she's looking healthy as she can look in the purple though good job man

Aero & DWC Fridge Grow - Sativa Clone - Will Need Help With Keeping Her Small

I don't know if it's the purple lighting on that shiny thumb nail but damn Timmy you could be a hand model! I'm so jealous of how your plant is going, I remember subbing along when I was starting my last lot and lost them.. *single tear* she's looking healthy as she can look in the purple though good job man

Aero & DWC Fridge Grow - Sativa Clone - Will Need Help With Keeping Her Small

LOL! Too funny! :rofl:

Thanks Tunkers! Sorry to hear you lost your last grow. Will you be starting anything new soon?

1- AK47 - Oregon Seeds
1- White Widow - Nirvana
1- White Widow - 420
1- Gold Leaf - 420

I'll Start a Journal after (if) they hatch

Awesome!! I have 3 WW photo and 3 WW auto seeds I got from Seedsman (I don't know if they're Nirvana or what, they were promos with my last order). I'd love to follow those grows, so I sure hope they pop soon! Keep us posted!!

Back
Top Bottom