Tims First Hydro Grow- Tons of Pics! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, PPP

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

I wish i where there to help you...I love building and fixing things...especially grow rooms and stuff. I got a car loaded with tools and stuff you need, but we live in different country's :(

Good luck man! have fun

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

That's a lot of lumber! Hehe. Goodluck and I hope it all goes to plan. Things are looking great in your grow. If I may, what is the rating on your pump and for how long are the buckets being flooded? I know you said 4 times daily but for how long do they stay flooded? And is being flooded every 6hrs? Thank you so much!

- Johnny

It's about $1.94 for an 8 foot piece of 2x3 lumber at Lowes. I havent added it up yet, but I'm assuming its going to be around $75 worth of lumber.

I think my pump is around 200-300 gph. It takes 16 minutes to flood. Then I let it sit there for about 5 minutes so the water can even out through the system. Then my other, smaller pump kicks on and drains it for about 30 minutes. So its about a 45 minute process. My pumps are overkill for this system. They go faster than what can go through the hoses. I only have half inch tubing, so the flow is restricted a little. Its working fine so far. The next time, Im going to use 3/4 inch tubing, so I can get the water in and out faster.

My plants flood at 6am, 11am, 4pm and 9pm. My lights come on at 6am and turn off at 10pm. So I'm flooding once ever 5 hours for 45 minutes at a time.

Here's my next project. My garage is a little too big and its very difficult to control humidity and temperatures. So I'm building a room inside of my garage. I'm going to use screws instead of nails for easy tear down.

This will also allow me to regulate light cycles without interruptions from other growth stages. Clone/Seedling area is the smallest. The light in there will be on 24-7. The next biggest room is for my plants in veg. Light in there will be on a 18/6 cycle. And the biggest room will be for my flowering, which will be on a 12/12 cycle.

I'm hoping to have this up in no more than 2 weeks. Wish me luck.

This area is 10x12 feet. For a total of 120 sq. ft. I plant to constantly have 24 flowering plants, 24 vegatating plants and 12-24 clones/seedlings rotating through these rooms at all times. If I did the math right, this should give me one harvest of 12 plants each month.

Cool drawings man, what software did you use? I'm an Architect and use some pretty cool 3-d technology.

Cool drawings man, what software did you use? I'm an Architect and use some pretty cool 3-d technology.

I used a program called SketchUp. Its for the people that dont know how to use AutoCad. lol. I have AutoCad as well, but Sketch-Up is much more user friendly. It takes a little getting used to. Today was my second time using it and it took me about an hour to do that. Each piece of wood is precise to the inch. So its more than just a cool looking drawing, its my blue prints with the measurements taken off. I usually draw it out on drawling paper with a long ruler and a pencil. This was a lot easier.

I wish i where there to help you...I love building and fixing things...especially grow rooms and stuff. I got a car loaded with tools and stuff you need, but we live in different country's :(

Good luck man! have fun

Lol. This will be my first grow room that I'll be constructing. I love building and fixing things as well. When I was a kid I use to take everything a part to see how it worked, then I'd try to put it back together again. My success rate wasnt too high of things actually working again after I tore them apart, but I loved it.

I'm headed out to get some supplies now. Hopefully I'll have all of the lumber by tomorrow. I cant wait to get started. Thanks for the comment.

Very nice, looks like a big project you have going there. Well thought out, great job and can not wait to see it all up and running...

Great drawings, good sw sure helps. Can't wait to see it take physical shape.
Be sure to picture document it for us. Good luck! looks like you will hit the mark on your desired out put. :grinjoint:

I used a program called SketchUp. Its for the people that dont know how to use AutoCad. lol. I have AutoCad as well, but Sketch-Up is much more user friendly. It takes a little getting used to. Today was my second time using it and it took me about an hour to do that. Each piece of wood is precise to the inch. So its more than just a cool looking drawing, its my blue prints with the measurements taken off. I usually draw it out on drawling paper with a long ruler and a pencil. This was a lot easier.

Sketch-up, I'm familiar with it, have a copy on my machine. Great simple program to use. I'm no fan of AutoCAD, once they decided not to support the Mac after v.12 I decided not to support them either. I use ArchiCAD, now there's some powerful 3-d software! But way more complicated than Sketch-up, you went the right direction man.

So here's an update on my grow room. I'm not done yet. I actually still have a ways to go, but here's what I have so far.....

Fresh wood from Lowes. 2"x4"x8'
DSC_0298.jpg

My guard dog keeping watch...
DSC_0299.jpg

The wood all cut to size...
DSC_0301.jpg

My garage...
DSC_0303.jpg

Took out all the exercise crap
DSC_0304.jpg

Making room...
DSC_03071.jpg

My plants right before I started building...
DSC_0308.jpg

DSC_0309.jpg

DSC_0310.jpg

Brought the wood in. It begins here...
DSC_0311.jpg

My basic floor plan....
DSC_0312.jpg

The layout. There not screwed together here. Just sitting there to give me an idea.
DSC_0317.jpg

Studs start to go up...
DSC_0318.jpg

...and more....
DSC_0322.jpg

... tops on...
DSC_0323.jpg

I wasnt done with the wood construction yet, but my plants needed somewhere to live, so I starting putting up the poly in the veg room.....
DSC_0325.jpg

The Poly is up. Now I just need to get some zippers for the doors...
DSC_03261.jpg

A look inside... This is going to be my veg room...
DSC_03291.jpg

..... and thats it for now. I still need to add some support between the studs, put a few beams across the top to hang lights from, add ventilation holes, make a couple shelves and install the ducting and fans.

I'm going to be putting my plants into flowering in about a week. Maybe a week and a half. They're just about a foot tall now. I'm waiting to be just under a foot and a half. This room only have 7 foot ceilings, so I have to be careful.

So here's an update on my grow room. I'm not done yet.

..... and thats it for now. I still need to add some support between the studs, put a few beams across the top to hang lights from, add ventilation holes, make a couple shelves and install the ducting and fans.

I'm going to be putting my plants into flowering in about a week. Maybe a week and a half. They're just about a foot tall now. I'm waiting to be just under a foot and a half. This room only have 7 foot ceilings, so I have to be careful.

Dude, you're doing great! I'm impressed, you are going to be so incredibly happy once you are done. good job.

Dude, you're doing great! I'm impressed, you are going to be so incredibly happy once you are done. good job.

Thanks a lot. Yeah, I cant wait to have everything set up and in motion. I have about 8 seedlings that are about 1-2 weeks old. I'm going to clip clones next week and get this process going.

I was having an issue keeping my humidity up, since the garage was too big for my humidifier, but now Im at a constant 45% RH in the new room and thats not bad at all. So things are already looking up.

Thanks for the comment.

Hey MM looks good. Doesnt anyone have cars in garages anymore? lol

If you want to make it easy to break down and set up you should make it modular.
Make each wall separately and just screw them together at corners then when you break it down you can stack the wall sections against a wall or on the floor. label each wall though and youll find it goes up and down in minutes.

I love to see people try things they dont necessarily know how to do... Far to many people say I cant because I dont know how....

Hey MM looks good. Doesnt anyone have cars in garages anymore? lol

If you want to make it easy to break down and set up you should make it modular.
Make each wall separately and just screw them together at corners then when you break it down you can stack the wall sections against a wall or on the floor. label each wall though and youll find it goes up and down in minutes.

I love to see people try things they dont necessarily know how to do... Far to many people say I cant because I dont know how....

Separate Walls.... Good idea. I didnt think about that. I thought I was being smart by using screws instead of nails. lol. Well, its already up, so I'll have to do that the next time.

Thanks for the suggestion.

So here's an update on my grow room. I'm not done yet. I actually still have a ways to go, but here's what I have so far.....

Fresh wood from Lowes. 2"x4"x8'
DSC_0298.jpg

My guard dog keeping watch...
DSC_0299.jpg

The wood all cut to size...
DSC_0301.jpg

My garage...
DSC_0303.jpg

Took out all the exercise crap
DSC_0304.jpg

Making room...
DSC_03071.jpg

My plants right before I started building...
DSC_0308.jpg

DSC_0309.jpg

DSC_0310.jpg

Brought the wood in. It begins here...
DSC_0311.jpg

My basic floor plan....
DSC_0312.jpg

The layout. There not screwed together here. Just sitting there to give me an idea.
DSC_0317.jpg

Studs start to go up...
DSC_0318.jpg

...and more....
DSC_0322.jpg

... tops on...
DSC_0323.jpg

I wasnt done with the wood construction yet, but my plants needed somewhere to live, so I starting putting up the poly in the veg room.....
DSC_0325.jpg

The Poly is up. Now I just need to get some zippers for the doors...
DSC_03261.jpg

A look inside... This is going to be my veg room...
DSC_03291.jpg

make sure to keep positive or equal air pressure or you will suck those walls right in. I have found industrial strength velcro works great for this type application. the adhesive sticks great to b&w poly vinyl and you can use a staple gun to really stick the other side to the beams. I recommend stapling the loop side the the beams and using the hook side on the vinyl. The staples will bury themselves nicely into the fuzzy loops and not get in the way. Tghis will help keep the walls from blowing out or sucking in too much. Food for thought. Great work so far!!

Looks like you got things well under control. Nice room your building there. it's funny how your ladies slowly took over your garage. What happened to all that excercise equip?? My babies ended up taking my master BR and I sleep in the small room lol. I am looking foward to seeing this journal progress over the next few months. Put some Rmax up its cheap, light easy to work with and will insulate your room.
Happy New Year.:rollit:

make sure to keep positive or equal air pressure or you will suck those walls right in. I have found industrial strength velcro works great for this type application. the adhesive sticks great to b&w poly vinyl and you can use a staple gun to really stick the other side to the beams. I recommend stapling the loop side the the beams and using the hook side on the vinyl. The staples will bury themselves nicely into the fuzzy loops and not get in the way. Tghis will help keep the walls from blowing out or sucking in too much. Food for thought. Great work so far!!

I thought about the pressure in the room for a quick second, but didnt give it much thought. The fan I have now is a 800 cfm, so I think I might need to get another and use it as an intake. That should equal it out some.

Thanks for the info.

Looks like you got things well under control. Nice room your building there. it's funny how your ladies slowly took over your garage. What happened to all that exercise equip?? My babies ended up taking my master BR and I sleep in the small room lol. I am looking forward to seeing this journal progress over the next few months. Put some Rmax up its cheap, light easy to work with and will insulate your room.
Happy New Year.:rollit:

I have a shed in my back yard. Thats where the plants where going to live at first, but it was too small, I couldnt move around to good in there and the insects where out of control. So they took over the garage. I wasnt using the exercise equipment anyway. I always say I'm going to, so I kept it there for that reason. So the exercise equipment got the boot.

Rmax?? I'm not sure what it is, but I'll check it out right now. Thanks a lot.

Back
Top Bottom