Tims First Hydro Grow- Tons of Pics! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, PPP

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

hey MMRC Grower is your pH fluctuation fixed now?

Also on your DSLR there should be a button w/ a pic of a flower? or something similar resembling close up mode and then with most DSLR you can press it again to go into macro and get really good close ups. I don't need a trich scope and my fuji is pretty old.

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

Thats some great info. I think most city are going with the put it off until later approach to the zoning issue. That gives them the upper hand when they want to shut you down... I know in my area all shops have been shut down and there are not any starting up. There are a couple delivery only services but that has got to be a pretty sketchy business. Not only have to worry about the po-po you have to worry about crazies that will shoot you for a couple of buck worth of pot. Which I might add I would give them if they just asked...

Very true. My collective is going to start off as a delivery service until the city makes the zoning regulations and I'm only going to service people that have been refereed by someone that is already with the collective. So that should reduce my chances of getting robbed.

So I finished up my room the other day and everythings going good. We're 4 days into flowering. All females.

The begining of this video is the same as the last one. It doesnt change untill the end.

Check it out and tell me what you think.

MMRC Grow Room

I still need to get a 600 watt MH for my flowering room, one more 1,000 watt HPS for my flowering room and a 6 inch fan. Then a few cosmetic details and my rooms are good to go.

hey man i like your setup! i read earlier you want to have 24 in flower at all times? has that changed because that seems a bit small for that many plants? hows the temp/RH? do you have in/out vents to both veg and flower room seperate or same vent to both rooms? i ask because i have room restrictions with just 12! looks great!

Looks like you are well on your way with the new room and new collective. Good luck....

hey man i like your setup! i read earlier you want to have 24 in flower at all times? has that changed because that seems a bit small for that many plants? hows the temp/RH? do you have in/out vents to both veg and flower room seperate or same vent to both rooms? i ask because i have room restrictions with just 12! looks great!

Yeah... now that I have those 6 in there I really dont see how I'm going to have 24, but when I was building everything I did the math and gave each plant 2 square feet to grow. The flowering room is 6' x 10'. So thats 60 square feet. So it should work out fine. Thats room for 30 plants with 2 square feet each.

I'm just using one fan right now for all rooms. That fan is a 10" fan, rated at 780 cfm. My flowering room is 420 cubic square feet and my veg room is 168 cubic square feet. So thats 588 cubic square feet that I have to clear. Clearing the entire room every 5 minutes is where you want to be. So this fan is definately strong enough for all of the rooms. Its so strong it sucking the poly off the walls. I do have a 6" inlet hole for fresh air to come in, but thats not cutting it. So I'm going to get a 6" inline fan to put on that vent to blow air in and even out the negative pressure in my room.

So once I get my other fan, I should be good on ventilation. I'll be adding 1-2 more 1,000 watt lights in my flowering room, bringing that to a total of 2-3 1000 watt lights for flowering. I'm going to add one 600 watt for my veg room and an 8 tube T5 to my seedling/clone room.

Yeah... now that I have those 6 in there I really dont see how I'm going to have 24, but when I was building everything I did the math and gave each plant 2 square feet to grow. The flowering room is 6' x 10'. So thats 60 square feet. So it should work out fine. Thats room for 30 plants with 2 square feet each.

I'm just using one fan right now for all rooms. That fan is a 10" fan, rated at 780 cfm. My flowering room is 420 cubic square feet and my veg room is 168 cubic square feet. So thats 588 cubic square feet that I have to clear. Clearing the entire room every 5 minutes is where you want to be. So this fan is definately strong enough for all of the rooms. Its so strong it sucking the poly off the walls. I do have a 6" inlet hole for fresh air to come in, but thats not cutting it. So I'm going to get a 6" inline fan to put on that vent to blow air in and even out the negative pressure in my room.

So once I get my other fan, I should be good on ventilation. I'll be adding 1-2 more 1,000 watt lights in my flowering room, bringing that to a total of 2-3 1000 watt lights for flowering. I'm going to add one 600 watt for my veg room and an 8 tube T5 to my seedling/clone room.

Just a quick thought - I've made the same mistake - I think you are mixing linear feet and square feet. 10x6 = 60sf 2x2=4sf 60/4 = 15 plants. 3 rows of 5.

Edit - Just saw Tigers post. Didn't mean to repeat.

you guys are confused, MMRC was right. if you have 60 sq ft and allow 2 sq ft a plant you get 30 plants... if you allow 4 sq ft (2'x2') you get 15 plants. 2 sq ft is more like 1.4'x1.4'.

Well Whiskey and Tiger are correct if I planned on giving them 4 square feet each, but I only plan on giving them two. So I guess it wouldnt be considered 2 Square feet, unless I was talking about a straight line, or Linear. So let me go back to the drawling board here.

60 Sq Ft.
60/24 plants = 2.5
2.5/2 = 1.25

So technically each plant will get 1.25 square feet of room. 1 foot 3 inches.

Wow... that sucks. 2 square feet sounded much better. Well it looks like I'm going to have a tightly packed sea of green going on. My veg room is only going to have 1 square foot per plant. Crap. Looks like I'm going to have to get a bigger garage.

Well thanks a lot for correcting me. I dont know what I was thinking. I'll still be able to do it, I just wont be able to grow the way I wanted to.

3, 1000 watters is going to be tough to keep cool in a 6' x 10' area. i have only 1, 1000 watter in a 7' x 10' area and with fresh air intake i level around 75 degrees but only when its cold outside. when it is warmer it rises to about 81 degrees. i am using a 6" 400 cfm inline fan. but with 10" and almost 800 cfm on your side you should be ok but i would suggest 2, 1000 watters and 2 light rails. or even 3, 600 watters. +reps!

well it would be 60/24 = 2.5 sqft/plant

sqrt(2.5) = 1.58 ft

so that is your linear spacing from centerpoint to centerpoint.

Or when you do use your 3 1000w, evenly space them, and then run the one in the middle one day and the two on the outside the next day, and alternate them until flowering. it helps the plants adjust to the indoor lighting, and more intense light for flowering, and also saves some electricity and heat you don't really need. saw that trick in a movie.

1.58 sounds a lot better then 1.25. Not sure how you got that. I havent taken a math class in over 10 years, so I'll trust you. lol.

As for the lights, I'll probably just add one more hps in my flowering room and see how that goes. If the temps dont seem to be a problem, then I'll add another.

As for light movers... I rotate each plant 90 degrees every morning and move them around once per week, putting the tallest to the side and the shortest to the middle directly under the light. Light movers will definitely be in my future, along with Co2 and a lot of other stuff. Stay with me here and you'll see my grow go from my little garage to hopefully a small warehouse. I just have to stay within the law and right now its tough. Specially being in the county that Im in. I have an investor that wants to get going big on this, but him and I arnt on the same page. This guys talking something like the Wal-Mart of Collectives.... I more want to stay low key and out of the radar. If the city makes zoning and license regulations... then Im all for it. But in the meantime, I'll just be a small delivery only collective.

I heard the other day that the first collective just opened up in Riverside County. Not sure if there are others already, but the first publicly advertised collective just opened up. They are operating without a zoning permit, but opened anyway because the county kept blowing them off and not putting together any zoning regulations. Its kinda like giving the middle finger to the county, but I hear the collective has a nice big group of lawyers to back them, so we'll see what happens there. By state law, they are 100% legal, but there violating county/city ordinances, which could result in them being shut down. I'll be watching...

.... and thanks for everyones input here. I appreciate it.

oh come on a square root is pre-algebra. the stuff about the collective is cool - I got delivery bud from the compassion club one time it was boommmmb but overpriced. not sure if you saw what I posted about alternating your lights but it was in a video called top quality home growing they just recommended it for growing from clone a 3 week pre-grow with alternating the lights and then an 8 week cycle with full on light - metal halide for the first weeks then HPS to finish.

Got a question...... My clones are now 10 days old. I can see a lot of root coming through on some, a few roots coming through the cubes on others, and the rest I see no roots. Some clone have dead leaves, but for the most part, they all still look very alive.

My question is, what should I do as far as keeping the dome on. Should I take it off and leave it off?? Take it off only for a few hours per day?? Also what about light?? Should they be getting a more intense light now?? Should I tear the rockwool cubes apart so there not all stuck together??

I have no idea what to do next and there really isnt anything around that tells you. I dont want to take them out of there 80-90% RH dome and expose them to my 35% RH air and them all shrivel up and die. So I'm looking for a little advice here. I was successful with the rooting part. So far only one of my PPP's didnt make it that I know of. The rest seem to be doing good, with the exception of maybe one or two others.

Any help would be much appreciated.

My question is, what should I do as far as keeping the dome on. Should I take it off and leave it off?? Take it off only for a few hours per day?? Also what about light?? Should they be getting a more intense light now?? Should I tear the rockwool cubes apart so there not all stuck together??
80-90% RH dome
35% RH air

Yea well dep on what you're transplanting into it sounds like the rooted ones are ready for transplanting - leave the dome on for the un rooted ones and transplant them once ready.

Back
Top Bottom