Tincture Doesn't Hit?

icemokka

420 Member
Hi All,

TDLR made tincture for the first time with the Magical Butter Machine but it doesn't seem to have the right effect. If someone can please suggest ways to remedy this!

I have all the weed and the alcohol still in the Magical Butter Machine should i just run it again?
I've had a teaspoon of the post MBM solution and didn't feel much.

METHOD
48grams of flower
500ml(2 cups) of 95% alcohol

Decarbed in the magical butter box, with thermometer. 30 minutes at 119C/246F.
Let cool for 10
Into the Magical Butter Machine Tincture setting for 4 hours.

WHERE THINGS MIGHT HAVE GONE WRONG
-Decarbing? I was measuring the temp inside the box the whole time. Should I have taken the reading from the oven?
-Decarbing 2 I was at 119C/246F not 120C/248F as suggested by the recipe cos i didnt want to cook it. Maybe THC not activated?
-Magical butter machine didnt work right? I left it overnight to do its thing. I didnt check if it was heating, but i heard it spinning
-I have left the tincture in the magical butter machine for a couple of days at room temp?

Im scratching my head cos a mate and i made this recipe with less flower (same flower) and those gummies were very good

Any ideas?
Run the machine again?
Will straining the tincture make it more potent?

Hi All,

TDLR made tincture for the first time with the Magical Butter Machine but it doesn't seem to have the right effect. If someone can please suggest ways to remedy this!

I have all the weed and the alcohol still in the Magical Butter Machine should i just run it again?
I've had a teaspoon of the post MBM solution and didn't feel much.

METHOD
48grams of flower
500ml(2 cups) of 95% alcohol

Decarbed in the magical butter box, with thermometer. 30 minutes at 119C/246F.
Let cool for 10
Into the Magical Butter Machine Tincture setting for 4 hours.

WHERE THINGS MIGHT HAVE GONE WRONG
-Decarbing? I was measuring the temp inside the box the whole time. Should I have taken the reading from the oven?
-Decarbing 2 I was at 119C/246F not 120C/248F as suggested by the recipe cos i didnt want to cook it. Maybe THC not activated?
-Magical butter machine didnt work right? I left it overnight to do its thing. I didnt check if it was heating, but i heard it spinning
-I have left the tincture in the magical butter machine for a couple of days at room temp?

Im scratching my head cos a mate and i made this recipe with less flower (same flower) and those gummies were very good

Any ideas?
Run the machine again?
Will straining the tincture make it more potent?
Good morning @icemokka :ciao: hope your having a nice day.
I haven't had a chance to use my Magic Butter Maker yet.
But I know @Rexer :ciao: has.
Hey Mucker have you any suggestions, other than more or better weed.
I used the crock pot for years, I can help you there.
But not sure of the MBM. yet.

Stay safe:cool:
Bill

Good morning @icemokka :ciao: hope your having a nice day.
I haven't had a chance to use my Magic Butter Maker yet.
But I know @Rexer :ciao: has.
Hey Mucker have you any suggestions, other than more or better weed.
I used the crock pot for years, I can help you there.
But not sure of the MBM. yet.

Stay safe:cool:
Bill
wish i could help.
I've made a few batches of oil in mine, but never got the potency dialed properly. Not with my current tolerance anyways.

I've never played with alcohol tinctures.

I'm not familiar with the butter machine but it seems your decarb didn't fully activate. Stripping the trichomes from 48grams of flower with 16oz of 95% alcohol should produce a kick ass tincture, even without reducing. Straining will not increase potency. I use the freezer method after decarb using 15grams/8oz etoh, then reduce to 4oz. I put 3ml in a cup of yogurt and I'm good for 6-8 hours.

Back
Top Bottom