Tinctures from kief

Aiko1232

So I use CBD oils sublingually,vape bud... Medically for pain relief from a bone condition, with this condition, I get joint pain at night in bed. CBD helps before retiring for night, sometimes I vape, been collecting kief from good bud, can I make a tincture out of this for bed time use. . any ideas and ratio of ingredients. Tx

The trick with using kief is knowing how much plant material to use in proportion with alcohol. My answer is “dunno”, but a quick search shows some options.

One option I saw was to mix the kief to alcohol 1:1. That’s a tricky measurement though, since how do you compare weight and volume - even with metric it doesn’t quite work in this case.

My best guess is that you probably want 100ml of alcohol for every 1-1.5gm of kief. If that’s too strong, you can dilute. If it’s too weak, you can evaporate the alcohol (carefully) to make it stronger.

Good luck!

So I use CBD oils sublingually,vape bud... Medically for pain relief from a bone condition, with this condition, I get joint pain at night in bed. CBD helps before retiring for night, sometimes I vape, been collecting kief from good bud, can I make a tincture out of this for bed time use. . any ideas and ratio of ingredients. Tx

If you’re trying to get a good night’s sleep it’s probably going to be easier to get with an edible, something with 10-25 mg of THC, depending on your tolerance. The metabolism of delta-9 THC to 11-hydroxy THC will give you hours of relief the tincture won’t.

Sublingual administration gets you maximum absorption into the bloodstream and into the central nervous system. Most of the pain is usually out in the peripheral nervous system. This is why high-THC edibles are such good sleep meds.

It can take a few tries to get the dose where you get the right amount of sleep, but it’s worth the time invested.

BigBear jumped in there with great info on making the tincture. I don’t have much luck with tinctures myself.

Glad the experts got here before I did because I am not a tincture guy. I'm okay with oils, but no experience in alkeehol territory! I have read that under-the-tongue tinctures are not all that well absorbed and are mostly taken up by the body after they're swallowed, so in actuality more like an edible.

I also remember SweetSue saying that CBD is not best for night time as it is an "activating" cannibinoid, so that's something to consider as well. CBN is better for sleep (the cannibinoid responsible for "couchlock"). If you need the CBD for pain relief though, I'd try getting some CBN in there. CBN comes from harvesting when mostly amber and not bothering to cure well.

Good luck!

Glad the experts got here before I did because I am not a tincture guy. I'm okay with oils, but no experience in alkeehol territory! I have read that under-the-tongue tinctures are not all that well absorbed and are mostly taken up by the body after they're swallowed, so in actuality more like an edible.

I also remember SweetSue saying that CBD is not best for night time as it is an "activating" cannibinoid, so that's something to consider as well. CBN is better for sleep (the cannibinoid responsible for "couchlock"). If you need the CBD for pain relief though, I'd try getting some CBN in there. CBN comes from harvesting when mostly amber and not bothering to cure well.

Good luck!
Wow...sorry @InTheShed . I thought you were a tinctures guy.......dang memory.......

Maybe I need to make a list..... :oops:

To clarify, CBD is considered an "alerting" cannabinoid. Using it at night it's best to take the dose about an hour before bed.

Back
Top Bottom