Tinctures - How to Extract the Essence of Cannabis - Tutorial

Ahh okay great thanks you just saved me possible loss of health :D i was going to do the mixture and then plan on using it as oral drops or as you suggested putting it in my tea. i will stick with just the vegetable glycerin for this infusion then.

and i'm looking forward to trying it in some tea, is there a recommended dosage when applying to a cup of tea at all?
Thank you for your help.

Sorry, can't recommend dosage. I don't know what you started with, how much, etc. You'll have to experiment. Start small, wait an hour, try again.

Okay then thank you for the advice ill try that. just to let you no i will be using 1g herb to 8ml of VG and i think i will be using 10 grams of herb so i will end up with 80ml of PG infusion solution. does this help for a rough estimate on dosage per cup of tea at all?
I'm thinking of putting it into a dropper bottle and then maybe doing something like 5 drops per cup of tea for a starting dose.
Thanks for your help with this.

Okay then thank you for the advice ill try that. just to let you no i will be using 1g herb to 8ml of VG and i think i will be using 10 grams of herb so i will end up with 80ml of PG infusion solution. does this help for a rough estimate on dosage per cup of tea at all?
I'm thinking of putting it into a dropper bottle and then maybe doing something like 5 drops per cup of tea for a starting dose.
Thanks for your help with this.

Thanks for the info but it really doesn't help to know what the dosage would be. It's really a test to find out what works for you. Until such things are standardized by the drug companies (forbid) you'll have to be your own guinea pig. Even with pharmaceuitcals, you should be the one telling the doctor what dosage works for you; too much, too little, wrong drug, etc.

Take care and good luck in your exciting journey.

Thanks for resurrecting that great research on making tinctures with alcohol. My question is: "during the solubilization process, how and when are the cannabinoid acids decarboxilated into the psychoactive form. Yes, cannabis will decarb in 110 minutes at 230 F, but how does cold extracted tincture loose the extra carbon molecule?
Happy growing
:volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom