Hey Everyone! I’m Aj and this is my blog, Tinkering With Cannabis. As my first blog post, let me introduce myself. I am a 35 year old cannabis photographer and medical cannabis patient. Honestly, I was not always a cannabis user. I had not considered this to be medically beneficial earlier in my life, but then I started having seizures. They became such a problem that I started trying to see if cannabis would help. It did, but what I wasn’t aware of was that it would benefit me even more in the future than I could have ever dreamed.
Right before I became a medical cannabis patient, I was diagnosed with Rapid-Cycling Bipolar disorder, and determined that the stress of the episodes on my body were causing the seizures. The more severe the episodes, the more severe the seizures. My prior use of cannabis had helped to keep the severity of the highs and lows, making me come off more as “high strung” than Bipolar most of my life. Due to the severity of the seizures and episodes, I was placed, and continue to take, medication daily. However, in addition to my meds, I went out and started researching how to get my card, and where the dispensaries are, and what exactly I needed in order to pick the best strains to provide the maximum health benefits to work in combination with my other medication.
Honestly, I was terrified when I went into my first dispensary. I didn’t know what to think, or what to do. It was so overwhelming to try to pick just a couple of items to try, especially knowing there were several strains that could help me alleviate my symptoms. I was even more anxious because I knew I would be extremely disappointed if I found out that all the weed from the dispensary was equally as good as what I bought without paying out for my medical card.
I walked up to the budtender, and off we went. First, he was extremely friendly, as were most of the bud tenders I would meet thereafter. He helped me narrow down the strains and he helped me pick three strains that worked extremely well for me, each with a little different effect. After my first conversation with him, and my first week of medicating, I began to see just how beneficial this plant was.
I am proud to say, I have been a medical cannabis patient for a year and a half. Everyday, I feel myself getting better. I have learned the best doses of marijuana for myself. I have learned a lot about marijuana and it’s strains in general. Most importantly, my quality of life has significantly improved, and my other medications have been decreased because I have been able to maintain stability with medical cannabis to the point where I don’t need high doses of potentially hazardous medications to manage my symptoms. I found that the medical marijuana paired with the low doses of my medications was enough to help me live a normal life.
My ongoing research of trial and error of strains, products, and reading pretty much any source of information regarding medical cannabis I can get my hands on, has led me to see the beauty in this plant. I have not only learned the beauty of the inside, but the beauty outside as well. My goal here is to use my photography work to show everyone what the different strains are that I have tried, and to discuss my experience with that strain compared to the effects, flavors, and aromas they are attached to in the descriptions. I also want to use this forum to help encourage people to see if this is the right option for them, and to see that it may be worth a try. Last, I want to help other patients through my experiences to gain an understanding of the different strains and products to help narrow down the best options for them.
I hope you have enjoyed this post, and please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have a questions. Stay tuned for my next post, where I will be reviewing the marijuana strain Durban Poison

Back
Top Bottom