Tinnitus by Charles Andrew

Julie Gardener

Tinnitus by Charles Andrew​

I have found that marijuana is effective for the relief of a constant ringing in the ears. This also allows a good night's sleep. If you look on Medline you will see a story on memantine and tinnitus, by the ENT Dept. in Munich, Germany. I recommend this abstract for the explanation of its action. I would be interested if you can see a similar explanation for marijuana. Tinnitus is an age-related disease that affects 16% of the American population and certainly deserves more attention than it is getting. I can tell you that the loudness is a function of psychological stress and it can even lead to a feeling of vomiting. I hope this helps.

(Source Editors' Note: We first reported a similar case on p. 193 of the 1997 edition of Marijuana, the Forbidden Medicine.)

Source: Comments and Observations

How should I go about asking my doctor about wanting a prescription For med marijuana for this issue, I have had a loud to dull ringing in my ears for as long as I can remember, and marijuana is the only thing that seems to melt it away. But tinnitus is not on the list of medical issues to have it prescribed. I have tried pills, diet change, more iron intake, And nothing helps. I just don't wanna sound like another Californian trying to get a pot pass. I have children and a dream job. Thank you anything helps

Back
Top Bottom