Tiny black spots on my leaves

matabrancos

Recently after starting to see the leaves from my 2 clones starting to get brittle , i took a close look at their leaves and i noticed that they were covered in black spots
20150419_151021.jpg

they appear to be small bugs eating the leaves, and when i took a separate leaf and sprayed it with a chemical pesticide they would easily come out if you rub some paper on it, as you can see in the following picture some have come off
20150419_152128.jpg

Im not experienced at all , so i have no idea of knowing what this is so i was wondering if anyone could give me some tips or even tell me what this actually is

Looks like maybe Black Spot Fungus
:Namaste:

Copy and pasted from google search

Black spot fungus begins to develop in the spring when temperatures reach into the sixties and the garden has been continuously wet for six to nine hours. By the time temperatures reach into the seventies, the disease is running rampant and won't slow down until the daytime temperatures rise above 85 F. (29 C.). It starts with tiny black spots on leaves, no bigger than a pinhead. As the fungus develops, those black spots on leaves are ringed with yellow. Soon the entire leaf turns yellow and falls.

Treating Black Leaf Spot Fungus

Getting rid of black leaf spot must be a two-pronged attack. Because its spores travel on the wind and plash from leaf to leaf during watering, treating black leaf spot should be first on your agenda.

There are several good fungicides on the market, several of which claim to be organic. They come in handy bottle sprayers, but if your garden is large, you might want to buy it as a concentrate to mix in your tank sprayer.

Neem oil is another alternative for treating black leaf spot. It's an oil pressed from an evergreen tree. It's all natural and has shown some remarkable results as an effective garden fungicide.

For those of you who prefer Grandma's solutions to garden problems, try this: Mix one heaping tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) into a gallon of water for your sprayer. Add a dash of horticultural oil or horticultural soap and Voila! You have a method of treating black leaf spot that works by changing the pH on the leaf surface to one the fungus can't survive. The oil or soap makes the solution stick and the cost is around four cents a gallon.

The next step in getting rid of black leaf spot is prevention and maintenance. The first, we already talked about. Inspect your garden regularly in the spring. Black spots on plant tissues will spread quickly. Start preventative spraying before the temperatures hit sixty. Read the label directions for the method you choose and follow it closely. For Grandma's recipe, a light weekly dose should be sufficient. Continue spraying until temperatures are hot enough to get rid of black spot fungus without.

Avoid watering your plants on cloudy days. Bright sun and good air circulation are essential for getting rid of black leaf spot.

During an outbreak, all affected debris should be disposed of. It may not be ideal as far as looks go, but affected plants should be cut back, and in the fall every bit of garden debris should be thrown away or burned. The spores can overwinter on plant material, but can't survive in bare soil.

The good news is that black spot fungus rarely kills the host plant. Getting rid of black leaf spot takes a lot of diligence, but in the end, the rewards are worth it.
:Namaste:

Well im definetly going to try to get my hands on either that Neem oil or that grandmas medicine solution thanks , ill update this thread if i seen any changes in the plants Thanks!Anyways if anyone has a different solution or thinks that these spots could be something else , please feel free to comment

Ok , this is the second week ive applied the grannys solution with baking soda , but the thing is there is some yellow liquid dripping from the leaves in one of my plants after applying it , what the hell is it?

Back
Top Bottom