420 Magazine Background

Tiny bugs and plant issues

Tet Tet

DE kills by microscopic sharp edges cutting into critters but it’s much less effective when it’s wet.

Mix Neem Oil according to directions with one caveat. Since it’s a seedling you don’t need a whole gallon. Let’s say the label calls for 10 mil per gallon

10 mil per gallon = 5 mil per half gallon = 2.5 mil per quart all are same strength just smaller batches

yes the funky down taco leaf curl is not good and the color is off too both can indicate pest pressure

seedling looks to be ready to transplant based on size but might be easier to knock out critters in small container. Mix Neem according to label, shake well spray leaf undersides first then spray from top down. Let plant dry before putting under light - might need to raise fixture so the oils don’t cause leaf burn. Not all soil mites are bad some are predators but if attacking the plant or roots then yeah not good

Hey 013,

I appreciate the feedback. I agree that they are ready for a transplant roots on the Zkittlez are starting to stick out the bottom of the solo cup, but I am waiting for the coots mix to cook a little longer.

As for DE I used some wet worked into soil then layered a dry layer on top.

Also I guess Neem Oil is going to be the best bet at this point. If you have any other suggestions I would appreciate them.

Oh also I think the pictures I took were before watering. Attached are the plants at this exact moment and you can see not as much upside taco leaves at least on one of them.

Thank you in advance.
IMG-4923.jpg
IMG-4924.jpg
IMG-4925.jpg
IMG-4926.jpg

Tet Tet

DE kills by microscopic sharp edges cutting into critters but it’s much less effective when it’s wet.

Mix Neem Oil according to directions with one caveat. Since it’s a seedling you don’t need a whole gallon. Let’s say the label calls for 10 mil per gallon

10 mil per gallon = 5 mil per half gallon = 2.5 mil per quart all are same strength just smaller batches

yes the funky down taco leaf curl is not good and the color is off too both can indicate pest pressure

seedling looks to be ready to transplant based on size but might be easier to knock out critters in small container. Mix Neem according to label, shake well spray leaf undersides first then spray from top down. Let plant dry before putting under light - might need to raise fixture so the oils don’t cause leaf burn. Not all soil mites are bad some are predators but if attacking the plant or roots then yeah not good

I have only been able to find this at the local stores. It says that its .9 % and 99% other. Do you think I can spray this directly on like you recommended, or should I dilute this with water?
IMG-4958.jpg

MohaveCannasseur

Hey All,

I just planted 3 seeds in jiffy plug with some basic seed starting soil around them. I plan on up potting from the solo cups to a Coots mix LOS but my amendments are not all here yet.

I planted 1 Dutch Passion Strawbery Cough, 1 Barney's Runtz Muffin, and 1 freebie Zkittlez I got.

The Zkittles popped up and is super stretched but looks good otherwise.

The SC half popped through the soil so i helped it by removing the shell. Well it has had the shell removed for 24 hours and is growing kind of sideways.

Lastly my main issue / concern is the Runtz Muffin. I noticed tiny little white specs that seemed to be moving. On closer inspection I did see they were moving and attached to the seed / start of the tap root. I think this seed is a goner so I pulled it up and just threw it into my backyard to see what happens.

I am worried what those little white bugs are and that they are going to spread to my other plants.

IMG-4617.jpg

IMG-4618.jpg

IMG-4619.jpg
This is minor, but easy back on the water. Seedlings don’t need to have water poured until about a week, as long as their roots can handle it. Cannabis loves dry time, just be careful not to give them to much dry time. You want to find the balance between oxygen and water in your soil. Your soil looks heavily saturated, and it could just be that you are flooding the tiny plants. I forgot about an ILGM Blueberry, but she came back right away. Even though, never give them undo stress. Everything Cannabis cultivating- less is more.

Top Bottom