Tiny Fabric Pot Mini Grow In Space Bucket

ChiDude

Been a while since I've posted anything here. I'm currently doing a grow with a tiny Fabric Pot that I made by hand with some landscape fabric.

This is a bag seed I got bored and planted. Nothing special.
e2d9884897105424ecdec228de4c916d.0.jpg
Pot size is very small, about 3 cups of peat bases soil that I added about 50% perlite to. I'm using tap water that, after dechlorination overnight, is at around 7pH. I use pH up and down to fluctuate the pre-nutrient water to between 6.9 and 6.2. Fox Farm Trio at full strength.

Space Bucket with 2 1600 lumen 2700K on top. One 450 lumen 2700K on each side as side lighting.

I did 3 weeks of veg and topped very early (as soon as the 4th node was popping up I snipped to stunt growth). This pic is today which is Day 6 since flipping to 12/12. Hoping to see some pistils and not pollen sacs soon.

I'm pretty optimistic that it's a female, but no signs of sex yet. It has a nice funky smell already, and the general shape it's taking makes me confident in my assumption. These are a few pics of it today.

I just fed it again. I mix up full strength as per the Fox Farms feeding schedule. I only mix up a 1qt Gatorade bottle at a time. That usually gives me 3 feedings with more than sufficient runoff. I'm currently feeding every other day, sometimes the morning of the 3rd day.
20200523_081349.jpg
20200523_081520.jpg
20200523_081308.jpg

This is one of the healthiest plants I've ever done. The fabric pot eliminates allot of root issues that I would run into with a grow this small in a regular pot.

I learned from past mistakes, paid more attention to my pH, and dialed in my nutrient ratios to keep it happy.

I wish I had better side lights but these will work for now. I've been able to keep them pretty close to the plant without any heat issues or burns.

I'm just enjoying that your training the branches. Looks awesome for something so small. You will get some good colas from it I'm sure. Honestly look up "cannagar" and maybe you can make 1 or 2 out of this plant when done. I really wanna make a slimmer version of cannagars. Burn super slow and worth the wait, basically cannabis cigar deal.

I'm just enjoying that your training the branches. Looks awesome for something so small. You will get some good colas from it I'm sure. Honestly look up "cannagar" and maybe you can make 1 or 2 out of this plant when done. I really wanna make a slimmer version of cannagars. Burn super slow and worth the wait, basically cannabis cigar deal.
I'm familiar with them. That's not a bad idea

Males usually dont grow that nice. Males are usually taller, the stock is very flimsy. So far to me it looks female. But 12/12 lighting will solve the guessing game lol
Thanks man. That gives me a bit more confidence about it then lol. Not too shabby for a bucket and a few light bulbs haha

Been a while since I've posted anything here. I'm currently doing a grow with a tiny Fabric Pot that I made by hand with some landscape fabric.

This is a bag seed I got bored and planted. Nothing special.
e2d9884897105424ecdec228de4c916d.0.jpg
Pot size is very small, about 3 cups of peat bases soil that I added about 50% perlite to. I'm using tap water that, after dechlorination overnight, is at around 7pH. I use pH up and down to fluctuate the pre-nutrient water to between 6.9 and 6.2. Fox Farm Trio at full strength.

Space Bucket with 2 1600 lumen 2700K on top. One 450 lumen 2700K on each side as side lighting.

I did 3 weeks of veg and topped very early (as soon as the 4th node was popping up I snipped to stunt growth). This pic is today which is Day 6 since flipping to 12/12. Hoping to see some pistils and not pollen sacs soon.
Wooooo she's a thicky bro! I love resourcefulness, way to go!

Mild defoliation to get more light to the core. Just the fan leaves that were near the side lighting and a few small ones in the middle. Hoping the burn didn't do too much damage. Just fed her as the pot is dry
20200524_135204.jpg
ing out every other day now so I know she's drinking well. Hoping for flower pistils to show up yet.

So overnight I'm in the midst of fighting a losing battle. The weather went from fairly perfect, to now it's high humidity and in the mid 80s. Can't get my bucket temp below 30c no matter what I do. My mother refuses to turn on the AC simple because she's unreasonably cheap. Growth has all but stopped because of the heat. Looks like it's going to either get trashed or die from the awful heat and humidity. I'm pretty bummed about it because not only would the AC hello my plant but it's also unbearably hot and humid. I'm ready to give up growing permanently. It's difficult when you're also dealing with a cheap skatehead case.

20200528_175300.jpg
20200528_175233.jpg

So I switched out fans and that seems to have helped on both temp and humidity. I originally had just a 4" desk fan at the top opening, pulling the warm air out.

I replaced it with a PC fan, I cut it to fit inside the 4 inch duct that is the intake at the bottom of the bucket. It's about halfway inside and has made a huge difference. It pushes all the hot air out of the top opening before it has a chance to build up. It's also got good enough negative pressure inside to blow the leaves around with the up draft.

I did a full flush today with a bottle of ice mountain water that I had to add a bit of pH down to. Came out at around 6.8. It's been getting dried out in pretty quickly to where I'm more or less watering every day. This was the first flush. Full strength FF Trio. These last three waterings before the flush were the trio and also 1/2 ml of calmag just to be on the safe side.

I mix nutrients 32 oz at a time in a Gatorade bottle. To that way I just do the math for a quarter gallon. At this point, I'm using all three bottles when in feed. The measurements I use are:
Water- 32 oz
Big Bloom- 3.69ml
Grow Big- 2.5 ml
Tiger Bloom- 2.5 ml
CalMag- 0.5 ml

For the size of my tiny pot, I usually get 3 waterings out of this bottle. Runoff is nearly all of what I water due to the large percentage of perlite I used and the fabric pot breathing well. Now with the added air circulation I'm confident the plant will get even more healthy.

All this in a little five gallon bucket with some light bulbs lol.

Back
Top Bottom