Tiny white & clear worms in coco

Remystemple

I have 6 plants. 3 were started in rapid rooters and 3 in paper towel. the 3 plants with the rapid rooters are crawling with these little white / clear worms. they move pretty quickly too and it's making my skin itch. and i need to kill them.

there aren't any other flying pests around but i'm keeping an eye out. i took some pics but you can hardly see them at all. i feel like they came in the rapid rooters, but i've been using them for some time and never noticed these things.

20191209_011038.jpg20191209_011059.jpg20191209_011416.jpg

Bump.

I can't do worms. i'm gonna try some peroxide today and hopefully that kills them. some of the reading i've done says they might actually be good. either way i don't do worms and they need to die.

any advice would be fantastic.

Your coco looks far to wet, if this are what I had a few times there an absolute nightmare to get rid off but I did get some Westland pesticide for veg and they cleared up but it does mean spraying the coco, peroxide may just work.

how established are the seedlings ?

thinking maybe pull them and transplant to final media... have you transplanted yet ?

Thanks all. Thinking I'm just gonna kill them. Clean and bleach everything. Toss all rapid rooter and medium I have now. I'll have to inspect the flowering plants tonight to see if they're getting the axe too. Bugs are disgusting.

I agree also that it's probably fungus gnats. Get some mosquito dunks(BT), powder it, and sprinkle on the top of your soil. you can also mix it into your media.

do fungus gnats larva move quickly? i mean they're fast. because i see no flying bugs. and i've read a bit about these things called springworms

do fungus gnats larva move quickly? i mean they're fast. because i see no flying bugs. and i've read a bit about these things called springworms
About as quick as other maggots. BT has a broad spectrum impact on larvae. It's cheap, too. I use it as a preventative.

I heard once that washing up liquid works watered down, I will try find some info now for you bud but they don't fly they just crawl in your medium like maggots.

Thanks Man.
for now i did some peroxide flush at 1:4 then put a layer of sand on top. my shitty little town doesn't have any of the stuff mentioned earlier lol.

hopefully this works. they're in 3" pots right now and the only ones that had any were the 3 with the rapid rooters. this i am not imagining. it makes me think the little bastards came in the rooters.

the plan was to put this little "coco plug" right in to some perlite for hempy buckets. i'll give it a bit of time. the funny part is that they are starting to grow like mad now, and beautiful white roots coming out the bottoms of the pots

got the little bastards under control. took a couple of soaks in the peroxide, with sand on top and let them dry right out. so i know they took a bit of a beating, and now i'm worried about stress hermies later on. so i'm still considering tossing them and starting the seeds right in perlite, since they're going into perlite hempy anyway.

only issue is i have no more gdp seeds left and really wanted to self one.

what do you guys think the chance of hermie is after a bit of starving, drying out, and peroxide soaking? i'm sure the auto is a lost cause, but i might still be able to get a few seeds off of her if i try sts on it anyway. idk.

i never worry about stuff being stressed in veg or seedling. either makes it or dies. only worry about stress and hermies after flip.

so much worry gone. Thanks guys. they will live!

never seen fungus gnat larvae before....? thats what it look like

i honestly don't know. a video i saw he said they're micro, and these things were far from micro. but i did end up seeing a few winged ones around, they look like fruit flies.. either way i didn't wanna take a chance.

Back
Top Bottom