Tiny White Dots

OrganicBuddha

Hi, sorry my first post here i asking about pest control, but i found this photo while surfing this site & thought it would be best to ask here what this is...

I have tiny white dots on the top of my leaves, none underneath, i thought they were just a residue from spraying the tops of plants with foliar feeds & water, but then i thought id double check they aren't eggs, they look exactly like the white dots in the below picture, maybe even smaller as i need to magnify to see them...

I haven't got any huge leaf damage, i had a yellow/brown spot thats healing wonderfully, ive also checked all over for mites, i have tiny black dots under leaves in places, but looking with a 60x they don't have legs (that i can see) so i think they are just dirt, ive really inspected & i cant see legs or any movement/crawling

Thanks in advance for any help!

Those spots if they are in the leaf are bites from some pest, if they are on the leafs could be two possible things......dust or the beginning of powdery mold for the bad news and maybe just tricomes for the good news.

I hope you figure it out though, I kept seeing little white spots on my leaves (my eyesight is going too....) and turns out to be my dandruff.......:laughtwo:

The photo above is on this site under someones pictures listed as 'tiny_white_eggs_001'

Most eggs are under leaves so im not sure what eggs these could be, some spider mite advice says that first you get white specks on the top of leaves, then you start to see spider mites underneath leaves. But i think thats referring to spots, not specks that can be removed, which is what i got.

In the early stages (which my plant is in now) i fed mineral water, i also heard mineral or tap water can leave residues on leaves, which is what im hoping this is, although they look exactly like the dots in that picture (eggs)

I guess all i can do is keep checking and if i see anything start crawling, start spraying...

As long as its not mould, i really really hope its not mould!

Pictures paint a thousand words...
Try to post a couple on this thread so the experts here can get a look at it...

I tried to PM you back dude but i don't have 25 posts yet, i would upload the image to this site but i cant see how?

When i look at this thread from where i am, the first post has a huge picture of the white dots...strange you can't see it & i can?

maybe just tricomes for the good news.

...:laughtwo:

I have seen some tiny white spots on young plants leaves that are more uniform. I was told it was tricomes and that was a good way to tell if the plant is going to be strong. :yummy:

I dont think they will come off, but I will try the next time I feed the ladies. I been trying to take pictures thru my mag glass. Maybe I can take a before and after picture...

Back
Top Bottom