Tio Hector's Indoor Auto Grow - Purple Kush, Northern Lights, Cheese, Amnesia

Hector - They are really looking primo. I'm a defol type of guy and have not had any negative reaction to it. I usually like to clip off a couple of the largest Fan leaves that are blocking the light to the bud sites.

If you want to hold off defoliation an option is to do some ponytailing. You use some soft pipe cleaners and pull the upper leaves into a bundle and wrap to hold out of the way for 4-8 hours a day. There are some good tutorials on this technique here and on your tube

[video=youtube;Zqzo6Kp8CN4]
[/video]

Mine seem to be taking to it well. Dee was almost stripped to the bone and the next day the new leaves pop up. I did a major defoliation on her again tonight. I'll see how she looks tomorrow. I am mostly having to defoliate in order to open up the little shoots to get them growing out and away from the main stem.

Give the recent post on this Journal - They are also discussing LST and Defoliation -

BizzBeachbum - BioBizz Soil & Nutes - AutoUtlimate & AutoEuphoria

Mine seem to be taking to it well. Dee was almost stripped to the bone and the next day the new leaves pop up. I did a major defoliation on her again tonight. I'll see how she looks tomorrow. I am mostly having to defoliate in order to open up the little shoots to get them growing out and away from the main stem.

Give the recent post on this Journal - They are also discussing LST and Defoliation -

BizzBeachbum - BioBizz Soil & Nutes - AutoUtlimate & AutoEuphoria

Thanks Troy
I had a look and have defol a little at a time

This weeks pics
Have done a little bit of defoliation
The group
C4354757-0A23-4296-84BF-DF6251A9B81F.jpeg

NL
18180575-B7B8-422B-9252-88B31E061D52.jpeg

Pk
C1EDFCB6-757D-4DAE-9608-8EB2D2AA88C1.jpeg

Amnesia #2
59DE4E91-C776-4D39-B5B6-F30CF1ABD6E6.jpeg

Amnesia #1
A8FD37C0-626E-459F-9A62-DC1A21051A63.jpeg

The room reorganized a bit
Lights about 18" - 20" from top of the plants
Leaf temp 78* - closest to light
Room them 24 - 26*
Floor temp 20 - 22*
Current feeding every other day, RO water ph 6 every 3rd feeding

Thanks Troy
Amnesia are a bit slower but I’m happy with their progress
Amnesia 1 got heavy LST and is quite short but lots of bud sites
Amnesia 2 got topped and has done well with producing side shoots
NL got fimed and has 4 main tops
PK I left all natural except for light LST to pull the side shoots out to get more light
Humidity continues to be a bitch in the cold weather we’ve been having

I really like the COB you have
I’ll have to plan on that addiction when I move my room to the basement

Will be interesting to see shat my humidity does in the next couple days. Our climate can really be weird. After almost 2 weeks of unseasonably warm weather a clod front is moving in today and temperatures are projected to drop as low as 1 C over night and only raise to 10. My tent is running at a comfortable 24 with 50% humidity.

The new COB is putting off a bit of heat. I adjusted my variable exhaust fan up a bit and stabilized the temperatures.

I just wish I had some more discretionary money and I would diffidently expand my COB System. I was looking at RapidLED and their 4x4 canopy really looks nice but I suspect it would be better to build 3 units like mine and not have them connected with the Canopy Frame. My light weighed in at about 10Kg.

Will be interesting to see shat my humidity does in the next couple days. Our climate can really be weird. After almost 2 weeks of unseasonably warm weather a clod front is moving in today and temperatures are projected to drop as low as 1 C over night and only raise to 10. My tent is running at a comfortable 24 with 50% humidity.

The new COB is putting off a bit of heat. I adjusted my variable exhaust fan up a bit and stabilized the temperatures.

I just wish I had some more discretionary money and I would diffidently expand my COB System. I was looking at RapidLED and their 4x4 canopy really looks nice but I suspect it would be better to build 3 units like mine and not have them connected with the Canopy Frame. My light weighed in at about 10Kg.
I was looking at their 2X4 kit
I wouldn’t mind 2 of them for the new grow space

I bought the 2x4 kit and really like it. If anything it at be a little powerful. Especially if I crank her up to 70 watts.

I was chatting with someone on another forum and he had kinda a cool idea. He is doing without a frame and put a hook on each individual COB and Heatsink so he could put one directly over each pant and control the height of each light independently.

The 2x4 with the more powerful driver can drive between 4-6 Cobs. The moderator deleted my tutorial in the lights forum because I listed the name of the vendor (who is not a sponsor). I believe one of the sponsored must have bitched about it.

I also posted the instructions for assembling it in my journal - that wasn't zapped so you can see it there.

The individual one for each plant would be driven by a single driver. All you have to do is run a small wire from each cob with the wire from the last in the series back to the driver. They are wired in series (+) to (-) to (+) to (-) etc. There is no soldering just clip in connectors.

Specific drivers are designed for a combination of how much voltage can be driven and the number of COBs the can drive. On the site under LED University they have a chart that shows how many can be driven - the one I have can drive 4-6 up to 75Watt (the max for the specific COBS.

That looks like a good price for the 4 units and I can assure you it will be all the light you need. I was reading the specs on the Meanwell driver - It can drive between 2-4 COBs.

What kind of dog in your emoji? Looks like a Golden Retriever.

She's a really good looking dog. I lost my Golden a couple years ago and still have not been able to replace him. I was wayyyy to close to him.

Rails really aren't a problem. Seen a number of DIY rails on YouTube that are made from Angle Aluminum. It can be obtained at places like HomeDepot.

Back
Top Bottom