Tips for Amsterdam

thats asking a lot, theres so many good coffeeshops and stuff :p
Some of the better ones are: The Bulldog, De Dampkring, La Canna (sp?), and The Grasshopper.

Doctor Gonzo said:
thats asking a lot, theres so many good coffeeshops and stuff :p
Some of the better ones are: The Bulldog, De Dampkring, La Canna (sp?), and The Grasshopper.

Hey Gonzo where have you been? We have missed our friend from the Dam

Some advice . . . hmmm . . .

-Don't go to coffee shops directly in or around the Red Light Distric. They charge more for the same stuff.

-Plan to spend at least a full day in Haarlem. Its 10 miles west of Amsterdam, and costs about 6 euros round trip. I actually stayed in Haarlem on my second trip because I enjoyed the place so much. I'd reccomend going there very early in your trip and trying to make a deal with one of the shop owners to buy some different wares in bulk. Its a lot cheaper that way and you can get just as good of stuff as you'll find in Amsterdam. They aren't really allowed to sell more than 5g to one person, so don't come in acting like a cop. Here's how I did it:

Go to a shop early in the day when they aren't busy. Buy a gram or two of their house specialty and roll up a fat joint. Start smoking, offer the bar tender a hit, and ask him what's going on in the area this week. Tell him how badass his canabis is, and ask what kind of a deal he can give you. There's a good chance he has a bunch of one kind that he'd like to move, but try to work in as many varieties as possible.

-Go to the Grey Area and buy a sack of their most expensive stuff . . . then get ready to get Fucked the Fuck Up. :hmmmm:

-Bring your own ketchup (I'm a big fan and didn't want to pay .25eu for a skimp packet at McDonalds) :jerkit:

-Don't stay at the cheapest hostile you can find online. Those places are nasty. Look for places that advertise private bathrooms.

-Try to meet some locals as they often know about cool shit to do, and places to get good deals.

-You know how you always get that advice whenever you are going to a big city about watching out for pick-pockets, yet nothing ever happens and you're never worried about someone picking your pocket? Well, at night, near the train station, or in the RLD, Watch Out For Pick-Pockets trust me.

-Don't buy drugs from people on the streets. First, you'll likely get ripped-off, but more importantly, its illegal, and you don't want want to deal with ANY leagal system outside of the US or Canada.

-Check out the Rijksmuseum. If you really enjoy it, try the Van Gogh. If not, skip it, its more of the same. Note: Both of the museums kick ass, IMO. Be cautious smoking joints in the street in the museum distcrict, as they frown upon that in the nicer areas. However, make sure you're freshly stoned before going in to either.

-I'm not a fan of hookers, but its fun to smoke a couple joints while walking around the RLD and listening to the girls call you into their rooms. (Where some other sweaty dude just got off the same bed after dropping his soiled jimmy on the sheets . . . but hey, if thats your thing head on in. Some of the weekend girls are really fucking hot).

I guess that's all I've got. Have a good time. :peace:

^ Just make sure there are no kids around, be considerate, Go off to the side away from the people traffic

Hash said:
Hey Gonzo where have you been? We have missed our friend from the Dam

I've been around, toking mostly :p

U know what else is fun, shrooming in Amsterdam, ive done it like 5 times now with a bunch of friends, we just eat the shrooms somewhere on a bench (out in public of course) and then we walk around amsterdam for around 4 hours completely fuked off our asses, and smoking weed of course :p

Stoned Stoner said:
when you say they frown upon smoking in nicer areas does that mean that all they do is frown upon it?

Nah. most people just dont give a shit, but cops CAN fine you like 40 euros for smoking that shit in public but it hasnt happened to me in Amsterdam, yet :p

But its true that around the nice(r) restaurants/bars/hotels it wiser not to start toking away, theres always the chance of some security guy (or customer) telling u that ur not wanted there ;P

thank you all for the tips and keep them coming.....the trip is set for dec.1. havent desided on how long i want to stay yet tho.

Stoned Stoner said:
when you say they frown upon smoking in nicer areas does that mean that all they do is frown upon it?

I was warned by a waterbus attendant who saw me smoking while waiting to board right outside of the Rijksmuseum. He just suggested I be more discreet in the upscale areas of the city as it is in fact illegal to smoke in public outside of designated areas.

In general, however, I wouldn't worry about smoking joints in the streets. As long as you aren't rolling one up on a park bench, no one can really "know" what you're smoking . . . Note: all bets are off if you're drunk and acting like an asshole.

Doctor Gonzo said:
I've been around, toking mostly :p

U know what else is fun, shrooming in Amsterdam, ive done it like 5 times now with a bunch of friends, we just eat the shrooms somewhere on a bench (out in public of course) and then we walk around amsterdam for around 4 hours completely fuked off our asses, and smoking weed of course :p

How long have you lived in Amsterdam, Dr. Gonzo? Were you born there, or did you make the pilgrimage from some less liberated location? I hear the admittance rate for new citizens is very small.

Back
Top Bottom