Tips for mothering a fast grower

gxhd354

HEY PEEPS, at the moment I have 7 Banana Kush girls and 1 Bubba Kush.
I really want to mother the Bubba and 1 of the Banana Kush girls,
but I have never mothered b4, so I was hoping someone can offer any tips, there all at least 1ft tall. I think I should be doing it now.
But wanted to listen here first..here they go.

THESE_CAME_FROM_THE_SECOND_GROW_ALL_BANANA_KUSH_1_BUBBA_KUSH_996x731_.jpg

thanx 420 :eek:):tokin:

You might want to start by topping them and getting the light a bit closer.

They look more than a bit stretched. Topping will get some side growth/bushiness going.

DD

yep to all he said,,,,, and you can mother a plant anytime...just keep it in veg and keep cutting clones,,,, BUT,,, i would NOT mother a plant until i knew it was female... people do it all the time tho,,, just hope your mother is a female

thnx for the advice, and there def female, got 1 8ft flowering now..
harvest in 1 wk .... yay
IMG_0304_747x996_.jpg

and yea there stretched.. im learning tho

thnx for the advice, and there def female, got 1 8ft flowering now..
harvest in 1 wk .... yay
IMG_0304_747x996_.jpg

and yea there stretched.. im learning tho

if this plant on the pic you talking about harvesting in 1 week? then your going to harvest a bit to early... she looks as if she needs a few more weeks. Not all plant's are considered to harvest within an 8th week period, they can take longer... I had to wait 11 weeks for my white widow to harvest.

also, you may think about using nutes made for mums, I use the hydrodynamics intl. mother plant nutes, and love it, my clones are always healthy, and only need a few days to root, and my mums stay healthy, and produce a ton of clone shoots. Just a thought.. oh, and I use 24hr light most of the time, to help keep em from getting to much vertical growth. Ill switch to 18-6 every month for a few days, so I can foliage feed during lights out. Now before I get blasted about messing with my lights, and hermies. Let me state Ive never had any issues at all, all clones take great, and my mums stay short and bushy, Usually..lol The mums I got now are to tall, I experimented with just 18-6 on these, but will be going back to my usual style of only 1 week 18-6 for foliage feeding. Anyway, good luck & keep growing.
Datrippp

I just keep taking clones of clones. Once the mother gets big enough she is flowered. I am sure it would take years to wear out a line of clones.

I wouldn't recommend topping that far into flowering, maybe the first week, not the 5th. What you could do is to employ LST (low stress training) this should get you toward the desired result!
haven't done one that was already flowering but... it's important to realize that your plants are a bit bigger and you will have to be careful when bending branches and such!

If you don't know how to LST, just use the search function and type in LST. Use the "titles only" option in the radio button!

You can do this, just be careful, don't pull down too hard till the plant adjusts... you should be able to gain plenty of room for more growth this way!

hey captain chronic!!! if u check out my member galleries u could see that i took ur advice and LST my mother plant and it has brought GREAT NEW growth!! THanks!! i am now in the process of pulling some clones off her!!

Well you guys i had a great harvest, sorry i could'nt find ore time to do a more thorough thread with my progress, but im happy to share that i went into s.c.r.o.g. And total harvest was just under 12oz for 6 beauties. One left over, i had mothered her for 10 girls, veg'd them. Just cut 4o clones last nite from the 10. Now i'm goin in for my 4th grow......... Wish me luck

Back
Top Bottom