Tips on properly using a sulfur pot?

RandyL

I'm finally getting back into growing after 2-1/2 years, and after watching 4 seasons of the urban retard on youtube and some other videos from skilled growers, I have realized that I did many things wrong in my first grows, or at least not as good as they could have been done.

In some of my rounds of growing I had problems with powdery mildew, and I understand a sulfur pot will kick powdery mildew's ass pretty well. I've read that it can also help with spider mites.

So here's some questions I need help with:

What humidity % level to keep the room below to prevent PM? Is there a lower limit for humidity too, to keep it above?

How far into flowering can you use a sulfur pot without getting a sulfur taste in the buds?

Turn off all fans in the room while running the pot? How then can you be sure it gets the vapors everywhere on every plant with no forced air circulation?

Any other do's and don'ts for using a sulfur pot?

Thanks!

RandyL...
Did you ever find any info on sulfur burning? I have all the same questions. HELP! Is this info secret or what?

Well do you really want to enter your grow room with sulfur burning with out a gas mask other wise think of your lungs & the toxic elements in the air or deposits made on the bud !

Long term effect of burning sulfur on a smokable product... get my gist !

When you do some actual real research on PM aka powdery mildew you will find it is caused by poor air flow around the plants & suspect rise of humidity on a micro climate scale...

So to cure this problem is to provide ample air flow via fans blowing air through the canopy of the plants, it is that simple :thumb:

Don't believe every think you see on the internet as it gave every idiot a voice... do some research :Namaste:

Hey, fuzzydick, you don't have to be insulting. What a crock. I have two large fans, a dehumidifier, and an air conditioner blowing 24 hours on seven plants. I also live in a Redwood grove which NEVER lets any sun through and it's winter and mildew is rampant. And YOU never heard of sulfur in the grow room? You do some research, ashhole.

I'm finally getting back into growing after 2-1/2 years, and after watching 4 seasons of the urban retard on youtube and some other videos from skilled growers, I have realized that I did many things wrong in my first grows, or at least not as good as they could have been done.

In some of my rounds of growing I had problems with powdery mildew, and I understand a sulfur pot will kick powdery mildew's ass pretty well. I've read that it can also help with spider mites.

So here's some questions I need help with:

What humidity % level to keep the room below to prevent PM? Is there a lower limit for humidity too, to keep it above?

How far into flowering can you use a sulfur pot without getting a sulfur taste in the buds?

Turn off all fans in the room while running the pot? How then can you be sure it gets the vapors everywhere on every plant with no forced air circulation?

Any other do's and don'ts for using a sulfur pot?

Thanks!

RandyL, if you still have questions, re-post and I'll answer. I've researched and used sulfur pots since our last posts. Stops PM cold!
Wish it could stop jerks who insult people who are just trying to learn.

Never heard of this pot, so :bump:

As for the PM, I believe molds need the humidity to be over 60% to set in. Higher humidity = more likelihood of mold. The lowest humidity level is probably 40% during flower, until the last few weeks before harvest you can get it down to 20% if you wanted/could

Hey, fuzzydick, you don't have to be insulting. What a crock. I have two large fans, a dehumidifier, and an air conditioner blowing 24 hours on seven plants. I also live in a Redwood grove which NEVER lets any sun through and it's winter and mildew is rampant. And YOU never heard of sulfur in the grow room? You do some research, ashhole.

Ye sadly enough i have heard of it & that in 2 decades of a horticultural career i'm afraid i have worked with sulfur as a treatment...

Chemical and copper or sulfur based fungicides can’t be used along with biological sprays because they kill fungi indiscriminately and will effectively wipe out your beneficial fungi along with the harmful parasite. While often effective, the drawback is that chemical or copper and sulfur bases sprays is they can only be used during a vegetative period. These organic and non-organic chemical sprays can be extremely harmful if smoked, especially for medical marijuana patients, and should never be used after your plants begin to flower.

How to use !

The Burner should be placed above the tallest growing point of the garden. Only use the burner during the dark hours for three to four hours for preventative purposes, or five to seven hours for reactive purposes, make sure that all of your fans,including your exhaust fans are turned off.

When using the burner in your garden, be sure not to enter the room while the burner is on, under some occasions you will have to wet down and wipe off any remaining sulfur off the leaves when it gets closer to harvest. BE sure not to over burn on sulfur, because you can very likely damage your plants.

So ye i'd think twice about using it even tho their are organic alternatives available which are much safer to your health :bravo:

What say ye on the use of Serenade after tricome development (used sulfur vap before followed in 2 days by dilute H2O2 leaf wipe) ?
I also installed new bigger cap. dehumidifier. Auto-drain next a must! I've only been doing this 45 years (this plant)....I'll figure all this new-fangled gear eventually (thank u sp ck). Peace.

Back
Top Bottom