Tips on reducing STRETCH between veg and flowering

Gummy Bear

What are some measures to take to reduce the stretch that occurs when switching between veg (24/0 MH)and flowering (12/12 HPS)?

Do you change nutes right away to flowering nutes? If so, how do you ensure that the ladies get that big boost of Nitrogen that they love at this stage? Do the nutes affect the stretch at all?

I asked this before, but also wanted to know if I have Big Bud Powder by advanced nutrients do I also need to add flowering ferts as well or will this be good enough through flowering till the last two weeks when I need to use only water to flush?

Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom. :adore:

The further away the light is during veg, the more your plants will stretch to reach it. I keep mine about 10 - 12 inches away during veg and get good results that way. Make sure your fan is sufficient to keep the tops of the plant cool though.

I change my nutes to flower nutes as soon as I switch to 12/12. I have been doing this since I first started flowering my very first set of plants and I have no complaints. Plus you pretty much have to when you grow perpetually using hydro which I practice often. As for the stretch that acurs during the first 3 weeks of flower. This is a normal condition for a indoor grow, this is why flowering your plants at a certain height is practice. To acomodate for the stretch.

hello, what size would you start flowering a white widow and do you start off with full strenght flowering nutrient, when putting them into the flowering room for the first time :smokin::hmmmm:

hello, what size would you start flowering a white widow and do you start off with full strenght flowering nutrient, when putting them into the flowering room for the first time :smokin::hmmmm:

This depends on your grow area and how much height you have to work with. Most people who don't have to control height will flower at around 16 inches if height is not a issue. If you have height issues you need to measure how high you can put the lights and just how close the plants can be near the lights. Take that number and divide that by 2 (Half the height) and this will give you a close estimate of the magic number you are looking for. Lucky for you that white widow is normally not a very tall plant anyways. Even outdoor grows normally only reach 4 to 5 foot but of course there are many exceptions. White widow is not the most stable of strains so there are many variations.

Hi, My question is: when it does start flowering do I need to pull up the entire plant or can I just "nip the bud" and let it continue growing? This is how they look today.
grow002.png

grow001.png

Once you remove bud from a place upon the plant, it will not regrow in the area. From my little bit of experience, chop the plant and start a new one if desired. Idk if id want to keep around a previously flowered plant unless it was for cloning purposes.

Back
Top Bottom