Tipster, Cell Phone Photos Lead To Pot Bust

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
A cell phone that contained pictures of a home-grown marijuana operation ended up in the hands of law enforcement officers last week, leading to the arrest of a Troy man.

Peter Ste. Marie, 22, pleaded innocent Tuesday in Orleans District Court to felony marijuana cultivation, records show.

Judge Christina Reiss set bail at $100. Ste. Marie was released on bail, records show.

Ste. Marie admitted to growing about 20 plants for his personal use and not for sale, according to an affidavit by Orleans County deputy sheriff Daniel Locke.

The sheriff's department launched an investigation when a cell phone with pictures of marijuana was turned into the department.

A person who was staying in the Jay area found a cell phone and checked for pictures on it to see if that would identify the owner, Locke said.

When the person, who is unnamed in affidavits, saw pictures of marijuana, he or she turned the cell phone over to the sheriff's department on Aug. 13, Locke said.

The tipster also said that there were plants growing off Stevens Mills Road in Jay near where the cell phone was found, Locke said.

Locke saw about 30 plants growing on the land. Locke said he used a search warrant to seek Ste. Marie.

Relatives of Ste. Marie told law enforcement officers that he had lost a cell phone, Locke said.

Marijuana plants were growing on land owned by Ste. Marie's grandmother, Locke said.

Ste. Marie said in his statement to Locke on Aug. 16 that his grandmother didn't know about the marijuana, Locke said.

Ste. Marie asked for consideration because this is his first drug offense and because he cooperated with law enforcement, Locke said.

News Hawk- User https://www.420magazine.com
Source: The Caledonian-Record News
Author: ROBIN SMITH
Copyright: 2007 The Caledonian-Record News

I have often wondered about photos stored on my computer.

if it gets to the point that 'they' are looking at the photos on your computer you have bigger things to worry about.

if the pics on your computer worries you too much just upload them here and don't save them on your computer. thats what i'm doing :cool:

Believe me, I know that! My house was raided after 9/11 by the FBI due to some postings my son did online. They confiscated my computers, videos, photo albums and trashed my house. I had to get a lawyer to get my possessions back. When I got my computers back, the hard drives were gone.

Believe me, I know that! My house was raided after 9/11 by the FBI due to some postings my son did online. They confiscated my computers, videos, photo albums and trashed my house. I had to get a lawyer to get my possessions back. When I got my computers back, the hard drives were gone.

those bastards. at least it wasn't found by some high tech snooping software that was scanning every pic taken by a cell phone.

Back
Top Bottom