Tkbluedream Strain Royal Dwarf #3 & #1 Blue Dream'matic, Soil FFoF, 05-21-2019

Tkbdream

Hey guys I'm starting my VERY FIRST AUTO GROW!!!
So what we got is 3 Royal Dwarf by Royal Queen Seeds then 1 Blue Dream'matic by @Fast_Budz.
I am on day 6 amd doing good the 1 dwarf was started in final pot straight in the dirt and doing good. This is it at day 6
IMG_20190521_111428.jpg

Now these other 2 was started in paper towel and baggy method then to a starter tray for 3 days to the solo cups.
IMG_20190521_111424.jpg
IMG_20190521_111421.jpg

Last but not least by any means the one I'm really praying does good the Blue Dream'matic it went from paper towel to starter tray to final pot.
IMG_20190521_111408.jpg

So please feel free to tell me any thought to such thing as bad criticism just no childish people just trolling for trouble. For any of the seasoned growers please look at the cotyledones on the smaller ones amd blue dream they have one each that is laying and curled to the side now.

Hi @Tkbdream and welcome to the forum! Good job starting a journal right away too!
Everything looks good so far, curled cotyledons really aren't anything to worry about. The funny thing is that a lot of people will say that FFOF is too hot to start seedlings in, but look! Your's are thriving just as mine always do in that very rich soil.

So tell me, have you done your research and prepared for this grow? Are you ready to test pH and have an idea what you are going to do as far as nutrients when that soil finally gives out? Do you know how to properly water a weed and do you have drainage holes in the bottom of your cups? I am impressed with your pick of a great soil, starting in small cups that are taller than wide and your success in germinating your seeds, so I suspect that you sort of know what you are doing.

Hi @Tkbdream and welcome to the forum! Good job starting a journal right away too!
Everything looks good so far, curled cotyledons really aren't anything to worry about. The funny thing is that a lot of people will say that FFOF is too hot to start seedlings in, but look! Your's are thriving just as mine always do in that very rich soil.

So tell me, have you done your research and prepared for this grow? Are you ready to test pH and have an idea what you are going to do as far as nutrients when that soil finally gives out? Do you know how to properly water a weed and do you have drainage holes in the bottom of your cups? I am impressed with your pick of a great soil, starting in small cups that are taller than wide and your success in germinating your seeds, so I suspect that you sort of know what you are doing.
On the cups and buckets they all have drain wholes very many. The nutes I can't really do much now on a tight budget and want to do it the way most growers do that aren't able to spend a lot I know a bunch of growers on here say all the time they can't get the big led panels or expensive nutes and stuff do I'm trying to go low budget as possible.

On the cups and buckets they all have drain wholes very many. The nutes I can't really do much now on a tight budget and want to do it the way most growers do that aren't able to spend a lot I know a bunch of growers on here say all the time they can't get the big led panels or expensive nutes and stuff do I'm trying to go low budget as possible.
Be sure to check out my recipes to make nutrients out of dandelions. Banana peels are also very good... there are lots of things you can do on the cheap and still have great grows. I am all about DIY and saving money.

Day 6th i got it wrong up there on last post it was 5th day lol.
Today doing good first true leaves are getting bigger and they all are taller so I scooped some extra soil up to shorten them and help get new roots going so they look shorter and watered them all a little between all 4 I used half a spray bottle so guess half a quart lol it don't say lmao but here they are no further waiting and reading and reading and reading so ok lol
15585764894361062655126.jpg15585764894361062655126.jpg15585765710191425208887.jpg1558576612351215647755.jpg
So I think the last 2 in cups got shocked especially the front one he's froze pretty well barely any change that I see but others have noticeable changes in true leaf sizes so let me know and any changes or something I miss please and thank you spread the love and peace make the world a happy place

Update sorry missed yesterday but today day #8 date 05/24/2019...
Woke up went to say hello to the little girls and get them going for their school day lmao and they was up and jumping on their dirt bed done grown more and popped new leaves ( grew more ears ahhhh) all good all good don't worry i think ;) well with out further ado here they are now they have no clothing so don't be scared to look it's ok...
IMG_20190524_134524.jpgIMG_20190524_134512.jpgIMG_20190524_134503.jpgIMG_20190524_134443.jpg
So let me know what you think and any changes I can make..

@Emilya i tried finding your recipes for using dandelions or peels for nutes but couldn't find it

The talk about making and using the banana peel extract are in my latest grow journal.

Thanks @Emilya I will definitely be trying these in flowering stage.

Day11 was great they grew some new growth and couple showing the starts of future bud sites not trying to flower just some veg going on lol but all seem to be good the one that was yellowing seems like I got it under control just gotta wait and see lol. But here's some pics yes pics pics pics pics yeeeee haaaaaaa....IMG_20190527_214812.jpgIMG_20190527_100715.jpgIMG_20190528_081931.jpgIMG_20190527_100704.jpgIMG_20190527_100408.jpg

Hey guys been a couple days trying to hold off and post pics later today i transplanted one that was yellowish so waiting to see how it's doing and all the others are growing right along short bushy the way they should be no stretching from lights so that's great but they'll be growing tall soon enough I seen a lot that got stretched and had small yields and some have huge but not wanting to stress the lady's any I keep lights close just enough to keep from that happening so my question is am I doing the right thing by keeping them short and bushy???? @MrSauga @Imananji @Emilya @GROWant @TheDude1337 I just tossed some names out.to get a few opinions thanks to all that reply

Geez I'm sorry I missed all the tags you sent me TK :hmmmm:

Can you get some pics up with the lights off(using a flash) There's some things going on that we'll need to see some clearer pics without the purple.
I plant directly into FFOF from tap and don't have issues with the soil hot, but I'm curious as to what type of water you are using? Tap, well, RO, bottled spring water, rain. I think you have some pH issues going on. The FFOF is a good enough soil to keep you plants happy for around 3 weeks without having to feed them.
Since you have not fed them anything, the soil doesn't look wet, and the plant is showing signs of def I would guess it's being locked out of certain nutrients.
It would be good to see the buckets filled to the top with the soil as well. I'm not sure you want to do anything with them right now since the autos don't like stress. It seems they are struggling a bit so filling the buckets up and replanting them would only create more.

@MrSauga your good but they all seem ok it was root rot if anything from what I've heard from others the new growth on the one yellowing is now green and the other one in cup got transplanted today and think I did it so the plant didn't even know it happened other than the bottom roots showing for a half a second but it was root bond almost I had a ton ton of roots big main tap roots like so that's probably why it looks all krinkly but you a know more than me and these are probablys from other farmers but I'll post pic in one min

Back
Top Bottom