Tkmk's Cookies Grow

We finally have contact lol. Not enough to start tucking them but at least they are just about there
20220109_185633.jpg
20220109_185552.jpg

Day 29 of veg.
I am really starting to wish they had a little bit more space between nodes at this point. It is all sorts of crowded in the center.
But at least the girls are looking healthy and happy.
20220110_180528_HDR.jpg
20220110_180514.jpg

I dont think the clone os going to make it but i am going to give it a few more day before i call it quits.
On a better note though my friend started growing a few years back but decided it wasnt the hobby for him so we talked today and he is going to give me his 3'x3'x6" tent (isnt he a good guy). Im going to use that tent as a clone/seedling/veg tent and the 4x4 for flower or i will just use both so one is in flower and the other is in veg then when i harvest 1 flip the other to flower. I dont really know just yet.

Hah, the active one, found it! Having just marveled at the previous one, looking forward to this one!

Re cloning: cover that cup with a plastic bag or clearwrap or something, to keep mosture in.
I prefer a bubble cloner, just cuz its cleaner and easier to monitor, and very hard to mess up. That last part is important when you are me.

Hah, the active one, found it! Having just marveled at the previous one, looking forward to this one!

Re cloning: cover that cup with a plastic bag or clearwrap or something, to keep mosture in.
I prefer a bubble cloner, just cuz its cleaner and easier to monitor, and very hard to mess up. That last part is important when you are me.
Welcome to the new grow journal lol.
Yes the clone is covered just not in the picture but i am planning on getting a regular seedling tray with a dome i was just trying this one out just to try.

You seem to have plenty room to lower the pots/raise the net .. why not grow that net proper full before flip. You can always prune, but it will be kinda hard to splice-on a piece :p

I already have the net 12 inches from the pots so you think i should have it further away?
The goal of the net is to take the branches, and guide them out from the center of the plant, opening her up and allowing more light into the canopy, with as a result more buds piercing through that net. It also helps stabilize the branches. I generally raise the net and defoliate the fanleaves from the top sites while doing that, to give the smaller branches that now get more light, time to catch up. The end result is a nice even flat canopy.

Some people remove everything below the net .. I like my popcorns.

The goal of the net is to take the branches, and guide them out from the center of the plant, opening her up and allowing more light into the canopy, with as a result more buds piercing through that net. It also helps stabilize the branches. I generally raise the net and defoliate the fanleaves from the top sites while doing that, to give the smaller branches that now get more light, time to catch up. The end result is a nice even flat canopy.

Some people remove everything below the net .. I like my popcorns.
I understand the point of the net but why would raising the net even higher help spread the branches out?

I understand the point of the net but why would raising the net even higher help spread the branches out?
Well, you first guide, then raise a bit, guide some more, raise a bit, till you have it full. If you flip now, without first guiding your plant to fill that net, it wont really fill it after, and it just serves as support. If that was the intention, ignore my comment.

If you intended to SCROG them, you have a lot of space left in the net where you can guide stems into. You wait till it reaches 10 or so cm through the net, and then bend it to the next hole, making it even with the net again. Repeat. At some point, the smaller stuff that now 'opens up' catches up, then you raise the net a bit to keep the canopy at that level. When the net is full, you probably have the net 10cm higher and the feet shortened :)

If you then flip, you will have a forest of cola's erecting from the net.

Well, you first guide, then raise a bit, guide some more, raise a bit, till you have it full. If you flip now, without first guiding your plant to fill that net, it wont really fill it after, and it just serves as support. If that was the intention, ignore my comment.

If you intended to SCROG them, you have a lot of space left in the net where you can guide stems into. You wait till it reaches 10 or so cm through the net, and then bend it to the next hole, making it even with the net again. Repeat. At some point, the smaller stuff that now 'opens up' catches up, then you raise the net a bit to keep the canopy at that level. When the net is full, you probably have the net 10cm higher and the feet shortened :)

If you then flip, you will have a forest of cola's erecting from the net.
Ok i see what your saying now. I just always thought that when then reach above then you just tuck never thought anyone raised the net as well.
You dont keep tucking them under the net for the first few days of flower?

Ok i see what your saying now. I just always thought that when then reach above then you just tuck never thought anyone raised the net as well.
You dont keep tucking them under the net for the first few days of flower?
I !try! to fill the net before flip, but growing your own supply sometimes doesnt go as planned, and I flip too soon :)
I try to get the tops above the net with 2 nodes, everywhere. I bend everything that is growing above that rule till I have ran out of space in the net. I will keep doing that as long as she keeps stretching.

I try to keep 2 nodes above the net just because I like the look that gives and I believe (hunch, gut feeling, not science) that her having to correct her angle based on the training is probably not helping her do the flowering bit, so I try to get that over with before she hits true flower, but will generally flip to 12/12 before she completely filled, to finalize that in the preflower stage. I would think you are more towards the 10 than the 4 day to flip mark.

There is no wrong tho .. but you could probably squize a bit more yield out if you wait towards the longer end of that estimate.

I !try! to fill the net before flip, but growing your own supply sometimes doesnt go as planned, and I flip too soon :)
I try to get the tops above the net with 2 nodes, everywhere. I bend everything that is growing above that rule till I have ran out of space in the net. I will keep doing that as long as she keeps stretching.

I try to keep 2 nodes above the net just because I like the look that gives and I believe (hunch, gut feeling, not science) that her having to correct her angle based on the training is probably not helping her do the flowering bit, so I try to get that over with before she hits true flower, but will generally flip to 12/12 before she completely filled, to finalize that in the preflower stage. I would think you are more towards the 10 than the 4 day to flip mark.

There is no wrong tho .. but you could probably squize a bit more yield out if you wait towards the longer end of that estimate.
I know there is no right way but i love to hear others opinions on the matter. I was thinking it would be closer to the 10 day mark myself or even a few days after. Also i just love talking about growing. This hobby has helped me sooo much with my ptsd and anxiety its not even funny. Even my wife has noticed a difference.

Day 35 of veg

Officially 5 week of flower. The girls are filling up the tent nicely. I thought i saw some bugs jumping in the coco the other day so i put some sticky traps out and nothing at all. I think i was just bugging out (pun intended lol). I am going to keep the traps in there and i do not think i will grow without them anymore just for safety.
Heres some pics of the girls today.
20220116_110445.jpg
20220116_110459_HDR.jpg
20220116_110607.jpg

Back
Top Bottom