Tkmk's First Attempt At Cloning

Tkmk

Start off with the setup

I have a 3x3 vivosun tent with a 650 led strip light at about 15% at the moment. Using mothers earth coco perelite mix with mill nutes.

I took my very first clone a few weeks ago and well its still alive. I took that clone off of a girl scout cookie. 5 days ago me and my wife took another 6 clones from an amazing skywalka cookies i have. I am most likely going to keep 4 of those clones to grow out and not keep the other 2 or the gsc. Temps are no where near ideal. Only at 73°F but i will hopefully get that fixed this week.
20220208_180255.jpg
20220208_180239.jpg

Any questions and/or comments are more than welcome.

Humidity is important for clones. Do you have a dome for them for the first few days? Your pics make it look like they're well misted and one pic shows what looks like a domed container to the left of the one featured.

I ask because I just lost my latest round to them drying out. I'm trying a different method for this next go 'round that shouldn't need a dome.

Here it is...100% cloning success, very simple, low-tech, inexpensive method:

Humidity is important for clones. Do you have a dome for them for the first few days? Your pics make it look like they're well misted and one pic shows what looks like a domed container to the left of the one featured.

I ask because I just lost my latest round to them drying out. I'm trying a different method for this next go 'round that shouldn't need a dome.
Yes there is a dome just take pics with it off. I would definitely like to see what you try next run.

Here it is...100% cloning success, very simple, low-tech, inexpensive method:

That is exactly how i did why first clone you see in the solo cup but started it is said solo cup as well.

The domes are often needed for the first few days since the cut no longer has any roots to take in the water. That depends on your rh. The high humidity of the dome helps stabilize the cut while it adjusts to the new realities, and allows it to take in some moisture thru the leaves to help prevent wilting.

But, you don't want to leave the dome on too long because you want the cut to produce roots to get its moisture and not rely on its leaves. If you leave the dome on for too long there is less incentive to produce roots and you also then have the whole hardening off period to go through. Plus, it will be a pretty weak plant in that cushy, cozy warm and domed environment.

So 1-3 days under a misted dome (and mist the dome and not the cuts so you don't encourage mold) and then gradually remove the dome for longer and longer periods thereafter. Start the first time with 30mins to an hour and then re-cover. If they wilt immediately then re-cover since they're not ready yet. But, if you don't keep them domed for too many days, you'll be able to uncover them fairly quickly and that will encourage them to produce roots.

Here's a link to my experiment.

the gsc are ready for up pot right now. don't wait.
you should fill the solos a bit more as well. you could wait another couple days if there was more soil in that cup. as it is i'd get them out now.

nice.
next round just add more soil when you clone. the plugs are a great idea as well and will work for both seed or cloning.

what's going on with that hose ?
they don't need a pile of water at this point. just keep the plugs moist. sometimes i'll mist with a super weak foliar or just a little ro and calmag, and dome them.

sometimes i'll mist with a super weak foliar or just a little ro and calmag, and dome them.
Careful though. "Super weak" is the operative phrase there. I gave my last round a foliar which was a bit too strong and that contributed to the total failure of that round.

nice.
next round just add more soil when you clone. the plugs are a great idea as well and will work for both seed or cloning.

what's going on with that hose ?
they don't need a pile of water at this point. just keep the plugs moist. sometimes i'll mist with a super weak foliar or just a little ro and calmag, and dome them.
That is not a hose its for the heat mat to keep the temps up. And i think im just going to stick with the plugs for now on.

I sprayed then with a very watered down bit of nutes the other day.

Back
Top Bottom