TM420 Aqua Farm Journal

TaylorMade420

trying hydro for the first time so hopefully all goes well

using a ghe aqua farm, modified with more holes drilled in the bottom of top pot, an air pump with 2 airstones in the res

using gh flora grow micro bloom n ripen will add more boosters during flower

using a 600w ds hps bulb, will be buying a 1m parabolic reflector soon

strains(both in 1 aqua farm) are world of seeds strawberry blue and delicious seeds fruity chronic juice

pics are 1 week old seedlings back of aqua farm is strawberry blue fornt is fcj
DSCN12584.JPG
DSCN12575.JPG
DSCN12545.JPG

Hey TMs' got a new one! I have ran many forms of hydro and to start with Ive never had a waterfarm, but if its anything like dwc water level is very important a no nutes yet looks like your burning, they will grow to about 7 inches before any nutes are needed most of the time but if your using R/O water nutes at 25% about 9 days or so from seedand try to get that rockwool covered some more, I stopped using hydroton in my ebb and flow tables I used to run because if floates when table fills and readjusts roots and loosens plant with every flood I went with lava rock and its cheaper and easily bought at any bag store with a garden center. Just my thoughts :peace:

Hey TM Mate.
Good to see you journaling this 1. Got no hydro knowledge myself but defo here for this one. Id watch them top leaf curls though. May be a sign of things being too hot for the young girls. An like givemethat says you got some nute burn going on as well. Sure youl get it sorted mate and find your hydro feet soon enough.

the curl is just slight mate but the plants are looking nice compared to the other day, i gave em 10 ml of grow and 10 ml of micro today when i changed the res out first nutes theyve had, the burn is from the drip ring, it was constantly splashing water over em and the light burned the shit outta em, removed the drip ring and the plants are a nice healthy green now, hopefully have some nice big bushes soon

Not to be a debbie downer but I was very unimpressed with FCJ.

It was a hairy dirtbag of a plant. I hope yours is a different pheno than mine was.

I am sub'd though since I wanted to throw a waterfarm in my soil room just for fun.

lol looks like the strawberry blue is gonna out grow her, hope mines is decent, only grew it cos a mate said he got some and it was shit hot but if we dont grow it we will never find out eh?

lol looks like the strawberry blue is gonna out grow her, hope mines is decent, only grew it cos a mate said he got some and it was shit hot but if we dont grow it we will never find out eh?

I would think there is a good chance it will be much better than mine was. I only popped one as a freebie so you could end up with another pheno exactly the opposite of mine. I just hear that strain name now and I instantly get irritated. hahaaha.

best of luck with your adventures into hydro.

cheers mate, bit annoyed with hydro at the mo, keep needin to adjust ph, keeps droppin from 6.1 to 5.6 over 24 hours is this common?

5.6 sounds sweet for hydro to me TM. I know this from coco. Some people use 5.2 when they really young and try to aim for 5.8 in veg. But some hydro head probably will know better.

Hi TM420, Hydro is way more forgiving than some believe. PH dropping is unusual though to me? My res PH usually climbs. I have an Ebb n Gro, same basic function. I aim for a PH of 5.8 - 6 in veg, 5.6 in flower. Make sure your meter is reading accurately, I have two and if I think a reading is "funny" I check with the other for confirmation. And calibrate both if they read differently.

Two products that I would strongly recommend are Superthrive during veg, and SM 90 always. Both will contribute to healthy pathogen free res solution and healthy happy roots (and Plants).

Girls sometimes take a while to adjust after being transplanted but when they take off they will surprise you.

Good luck

i have a ph pen which i bought abou 6 months ago, calibrate it at least twice a week, i soaked my clay pebbles at 5.5 so im thinking this has something to do with it and the strawberry blue is really starting to go now ill put pics on in a bit

Hey TM, glad to see your giving hydro a shot im subbed up and reps coming your way. You said your ph is dropping, do you have a ppm meter? chances are your running the solution to hot and this is why your ph is dropping. rule of thumb if your ph is rising and ppm's are dropping you need to up the nutes a bit and if ph is dropping and ppm's are rising your running it to hot. It takes a bit to find the sweet spot but once you do hydro is pretty low maintenance.Once you get it dialed in you should only have to adjust the res every 2 or 3 days.Im not sure how big you plan on vegging your girls but if you plan on getting them pretty big you will need to adjust your res daily once they are in flower because of the amount of water they will be drinking and the relitively small res, the nutes will concentrate as the water level drops. something to concider is a larger main res with a float valve in the aqua farm, I think Ronnie669 has the same set up as yours with a bigger res. He uses the aqua farm as a control res and a larger res as the main res with a pump hooked up to the float valve in the aqua farm res.Hope this helps:)

hey tm, glad to hear your giving hydro a go, jon's right once you get your set up dialed in your going to love the fast growth and your plants will mature faster , less time in flower. my set up is a little different as i'm using a rainforrest 66 as my main unit. i made a controller and back up res with sterlite containers and use 1/2" tubing and gromets to connect to the rainforrest. i have a inline pump that recirculates the nutes from the rainforrest to controller back to rainforrest through a chiller. this allows me run more nute solution in my system which makes it more stable. check out my journal i've got some good pics of the system and will be glad to answer any questions on the build. once you get it down you wont regreat going hydro. i'm subbed and +rep

i only had about 20 ml of nutes in with about 25l of water, im sure ill get it dialled in eventually, gonna buy myself a ec pen bought one a while back but its shit so need a new one lol

Back
Top Bottom