TM420 Aqua Farm Journal

i agree, you sure get good results with this type of set up, if i could get away with it i would but the risks are way to high for me, its why i stuck with soil and do the odd 2ltr dwc hempie from time to time, but for now i can look at journals like these and see the kind of results that are possible with this type of grow,

great results, some reps coming your way, ill be along for your next grow when you get something going,

may not be for a while i still have all the popcorn from the strawberry blue with some other plants which were in the groom with the aqua farm but were quickly removed after she stole the whole room lol, im hoping the sb will grow banannas and pollinate the other plants to make fem seeds

im keeping my fingers crossed for you mate, it should work, its what these plants use as a safety net in case they dont get pollenated,

have you ever tried revegging a plant, basically after harvest you leave 3 or 4 small tiny buds on the main stem and put the plant under 24-0, after about 2 weeks you will see some badly deformed leaves that are curly and have weird stems, you have a leaf stem that starts growing another leaf out of its stem, after about 3 weeks it settles down and regular leaves start growing, this is when the plants goes into overdrive,

you get crazy branch growth, you have 10 times as many branches and the plant just keeps growing new branches all through veg, i have had branches growing out of the stems of the fan leaves, at each node you may got 4 to 6 new branches growing, ideal for a scrog or even ideal for someone who uses cfls or a low wattage grow light, the plant turns into a huge bush instead of growing vertical.

if it was possible to post pollen through the post mate id ship you some but im pretty sure you can only ship seeds,
i got plenty of seeds so wont need to buy any for a while but i still do so i can try different strains and different plants to cross for new strains,

making fem seeds does help as it means your not wasting time with males, but just bare in mind that fem does not always mean 100% fem, i purchased a jack flash fem from herbies and its 100% male, so pulled it and binned it, but from my own fem experiment i have only had fem seeds so far, out of regular seeds i usually end up with higher male plants when i flip to flower so to have all female from the experiment i did must mean i have succeeded in getting fem seeds, but ill let you know if i do grow a male from it but so far they been all fem,

im pretty sure you will grow bananas, my 2ltr dwc hempie i harvested did not show any signs of bananas but when i started pulling the branches to see the inner lower buds i noticed several bananas growing out the buds on the lower branches, so i did not get them growing on the branches that was on the top part of the plant, these was on the inner lower buds that was slightly shaded, im thinking it does this as these buds have not fully developed so still have time to produce seeds.

so letting them flower a few weeks longer should produce these bananas, i would suggest stressing the plant by going crazy with the lights, but when i did this i did it early in flower and it produced male pollen sacs and not bananas, the pollen from this produced plants that went hermie in flower so i have not used them seeds since, 2 plants from them seeds turned out fem but went hermie early in flower and grew male pollen sacs and not bananas, now im not 100% sure about stressing the plant late in flower, maybe this would produce the bananas, but i would not like to say for sure in case it just produced hermie seeds,

you should be ok and im pretty sure you will see these bananas, their tiny at first and look like little yellow cats claws growing out the bud where the pistils usually grow, so its not at the nodes like normal male pollen its actually growing on the buds, they get about 1cm long before their ready to open so either remove plant and shake it over some dark paper to collect pollen or wait until their opening and collect them in paper bag so they can drop the pollen in the bag,

another thing i have had happen to me is when i have let plants flower to long by say about a week, then when the buds are dry i have found 1 or 2 seeds in say just 1 bud from the whole harvest, clearly these seeds where self pollenated and do turn out fem, so if i let the plant flower longer the bananas would of grew a lot more and seeded the rest of the plant, so im pretty sure all plants will grow these bananas,

very true, but when i did it what i did was keep the lights as normal but take the plant out of the grow room and place it in dark cupboard for a few hours, then back in the grow room, thats how i stressed mine and made it go hermie,
i have not used this method to make it hermie after its been mostly harvested and im not sure if this method would produce the fem pollen your trying to get,

i used the light shock method to make a fem go hermie early in flower and used the pollen, but the seeds ended up growing plants that was prown to hermie with no stress at all, so not used them seeds since, but the late flowering method produced the bananas where as the light shock method just produced the normal male flowers at the nodes,

when i have harvested my next plant ill try the light shock method and let you know how it goes, if it produces male bananas then ill drop you a pm and let you know, i would then need to test the pollen to make sure it produced hermie free femenised seeds but i think as long as the plant produces the bananas and not the normal male flowers then this should be the fem pollen your looking for, i know the light stress produced regular male flowers and not bananas when i did it early in flower so ill give it a try with one of my plants after harvest,
i think if it produces bananas then the pollen should be fem, ill let you know what happens,

just be careful with having the plant in the same room as other fem plants, you need to check the plant every couple of days for these bananas, if you miss one and it pops open it will cause other plants to turn to seed, it wont release as much pollen as regular male flowers but it still releases pollen and the fan will blow it all over the place, so have a good check every couple of days, pull the buds down so you can check the buds for signs of bananas, also check all the nodes for signs of regular male flowers, if you see these then you could either risk using the pollen from them or just pull them off the plant and wait for bananas.

if i had done more testing i could of helped a lot more, but not had chance to stress a plant after harvest, welll never needed to as it worked the way i read it would work, but my next harvest i will light stress a plant when i have harvested it and let you know if it grows bananas

its got another 3 -4 weeks to grow some or else the other plants will be harvested without pollination and i will just continue to buy seeds lol

it should grow some pollen in that time, their some pics on my journal of exactly what your looking for, if they grow to late then you can always keep the pollen for future grows, just store it somewhere dark and cool, some store it in the fridge but when i take a drink out the fridge it gets condensation so im pretty sure taking pollen out the fridge will make it moist and not viable, so i just keep it in dark place at about room temp, i just put it in a cupboard and leave it till i need it, ive not had any issues using this method,

just check the plant every couple of days and you should start to see bananas, then you need to wait until they get a bit bigger and ready to open then collect them in a bag, or if you want to leave them on the plant to open to ensure you get the pollen then just put some dark shiny paper around the plant then you can tap them pollen pods and collect the pollen on the paper, thats what i usually do as you can never be 100% sure the pollen is ready but usually after you see the bananas it takes a few days for them to open,

you shouldnt have any problems,

grats on the harvest TM!! :thumb:

excellent work mate, great to see your Aqua-farm in action :cheesygrinsmiley: and great final weight at almost a pound from the 2 plants??!! awesome :D

reps brutha 100% and keep up the great green work :ganjamon:

right guys, im still really undecided about strains, anybody got any ideas what i could grow, the next grow im want to take a good strain and try and hit 1gpw in 2 aqua farms so this means around 1300g of dry bud its gonna be a task but im sure with the knowledge of all the great growers on here i wont be far short of it. so get the strains in guys all strains will be considered

its a tough choice to make, their are so many good strains on their, i know ak47 is a big yielder so i guess some sort of cross with that would be worth looking at, theirs just to many strains out their and ive not grown hundreds to be able to pick a certain strain, plus it all depends on style of grow, how big the plants get, if you lst or top them etc etc, all these will affect yield, some lst will increase bud size on the smaller buds due to them getting more light,

i guess you could hit your target with most strains given enough veg time, ive not come close to hitting that target as i dont give mine long veg times but this time round ill go with longer veg,

id like to run side by side tests on clones so thats my plan, i want to see what actually affects yield, so ill test letting a plant grow as it is with no pruning or lst, then ill use lst and with another clone try the pruning method, so grow method, nutes will all play a roll.

i know many growers have hit that target with a sog grow, ive just sprouted a 2ltr dwc hempe and this will be lollypopped and will just have the main bud and the 2 lowers branches with buds on the last time i did this i got amazing results and would of smashed the 1g for 1watt target as i could fit over 100 of these in my grow room but id either need 100fem seeds which i have not got due to my fem seed experiments or use clones, only problem using clones is the veg time because they start flowering when you go 12-12 where as seedlings i can go 12-12 from seed and still end up with over an oz dry off 1 plant the same size as a 2ltr pop bottle, so they take up little space so can pack many in, but it means having high numbers of plants which is not something i want,

this strain below from herbies says it produces up to 1000g per square meter, problem is its over £200 for 10 seeds which is a lot of money and i cant see why the seeds should cost anymore than other seeds, surely their just as easy to make so how on earth they can charge prices i just dont know, making 1 seed has got to be the same as making seeds from another strain so costs should be about the same
! Doggies Nuts Abyss Feminised Seeds - Updated:21st Jun 2013

but im pretty sure a decent veg time would yield around your target, not sure if a sativa heavy strain would yield much as they would need extra height to grow so id stick with a higher indica %,

im sure others will jump in and throw some strain names around, their is just way to many to choose from, a scrog produces well if everything is kept perfect like removing any growth not getting much light,

ive not grown any big bud strain yet so maybe that would yield well as its name suggests it produces big buds,

all greenhouse seeds are pretty much 800g per sq m strains wouldnt pay that for seeds especially since i know some1 who bought a pack and grew average weed, not worth the money tbh, im scrolling through herbies and so far i have around 50 pages open lol

nice, not made any hash yet, now sure what method to try, i been saving all my trim and popcorn buds from when i first started growing so got plenty of trim, i was thinking of just using silk screen method but then i looked into the ice/water method with the different size bags, but not decided yet, seen many different methods but never done it before and would be happy to just use an easy method to get me 1 lot of hash instead of 5 or 6 different grades of hash.

Herbies is the best seed bank i have found, even if you buy just 1 seed herbie sends you 3 free seeds, 1 will be fem or fem auto, the other 2 will be regular seeds but all free seeds are top strains, he dont just give away the cheap seeds, ive had plenty of free extras ive had ken estes gpd for free, some extra auto fems for free, royal queen seeds mints in a small tin perfect for keeping seeds in plus plant pot markers, so herbies really does look after his customers,

if you order from him just drop a msg with the order saying your a member of the 420mag site and drop my name if you like as im always ordering from him, i have had 1 issue with 1 strain but several others growers had problems with a batch of seeds from another seed bank as herbie stocks seeds from many breeders and other seed banks, a lot of growers was saying they was having problems with this 1 strain dying and having deformed leaves, then when i grew mine i had same problem, i contacted herbie and he pulled the seeds from sale and sent me replacements, so herbie really does look after his customers, delivery is very quick and discreet, its next day delivery for me,

if you buy from herbie on regular basis then he does send promotional stuff with orders from time to time, you might get an extra free seed or 2 if a seed breeder has handed some out as samples so ive not shopped anywhere else since, plus i have sent many new customers to him via this site, so just write a msg with your order and im sure herbie will look after you,

if i could help with the strains then i would but ive not grown that many to be able to say what yields big and what dont, but with a long veg you could smash that target, theirs always topping or lst as well, but this is strain related as some respond well and some dont,

let me ask around for you and ill see what i can come up with, if i hear of any strains ill post a comment here, someone like jandre or alaskan1 would be good to ask or mr white, ill ask around a few of the journals im in and see what i can come up with

right well i have decided on a strain, reserve privada purple wreck because i want to grow something purple and i love a bit of train wreck lol so easy choice, maybe try some grape ape or pineapple chunk

nice, not made any hash yet, now sure what method to try, i been saving all my trim and popcorn buds from when i first started growing so got plenty of trim, i was thinking of just using silk screen method but then i looked into the ice/water method with the different size bags, but not decided yet, seen many different methods but never done it before and would be happy to just use an easy method to get me 1 lot of hash instead of 5 or 6 different grades of hash.

I have made water, dry sieve, and dry ice hashes.

Dry Ice is the easiest by far.

As far as good yielders, AK47 was also one of my biggest. So were Diesel, Pineapple Express, Original Berry, Critical+(plant of the month May2012), and Northern Lights.

Green Poison, Cream Carmel, Kandy Kush and White Widow were good yield but not great, but the smokes were top notch, especially the WW (best I've smoked this century).

Here is an AK47. (actually Tutankhamen from Pyramid Seeds version) There were 8 of them like this on the plant.
AK47_harv_10wks_cola.jpg

that is a whopper of a cola but im looking for something similar to purple wreck which is more indica, wanna try n keep em as level as possible was gonna do pineappple chunk but pineapple express sounds good too

damn thats a huge bud, i know a lot of strains are crossed with ak47 due to its mass of growth, i managed to get some sample seeds from a seed bank, it as a new strain they had made and was giving away packs of 10 seeds to growers and they asked for a write up on how the seeds turned out,
the strain was ak47 cross uk cherry cheese, i only had a couple of fem out of 10 seeds and was down to my last 2 seeds, the buds are amazing and a top smoke, but i was down to my last 2 seeds, i could not find the same strain advertised anywhere and the seed breeder never got back to the seed bank with the strains new name, but luckily i ended up with 1fem and 1male from the last 2 seeds, so crossed them and got me plenty of seeds to keep me going, its a strain i have cloned every since, i dont let my plants grow to big due to where i live so try and keep them bushy, but i know for a fact if i let the plant grow as is then i would end up with huge buds, problem is as its crossed with cheese its a real stinky strain and i can smell it from outside my property so try not to let it grow to big due to this,

would love to see it grow outdoors though

Back
Top Bottom