Tmac12's First Soil Mystery Seed Closet Grow 2010

to quote one message just click the quote button on the bottom right of the post...

:thanks: This is a test, it is only a test!

:yahoo: maybe if this works....
almost... hit quote button on the post you want to quote

:hmmmm: I promise I will continue to practice!
ok,, let's try again,, :)
:bravo: I think she's got it!!!

the window did not come up the same for some reason. both different hmmmm
:yahoo: you got it... :) the big green button will goto an advanced reply window with the wuote setup,,, if you hit the little yellow quote button then quote tage are put in your post window, and you can paste the text inbetween the quote tags... (quote) (/quote) but the () are really [],, hope I am making sense

Nice grow and your flowers are beautiful...

Thanks Herbsnbuds, I ordered a microscope the other day to see her better and plan for harvest. Hope to have it soon. Hubby is getting antsy...will be out soon!!

Thanks Samwisee

It definitely is this bug causing the the white spots. They molt from a nymph, and secrete some fluid and honeydew. Always on the leaf below where the nymph is. What I find is a dead hollow carcus. Or the adult jumpers. Sounds like it is common to NC.
"The citrus flatid planthopper occurs from Canada to Florida and Cuba and west to California. Other planthoppers occur throughout North America. Flatid plant-hoppers feed on numerous trees, vines, and ornamental herbs. They are commonly reported on shrubs in North Carolina.
Flatid planthoppers are usually not abundant enough to cause real damage to the health of ornamental plants. Their waxy secretions and honeydew disfigure plants and make them unpleasant to touch. Sooty molds may grow in the honeydew which further disfigures infested plants. Rarely are planthoppers abundant enough to kill twigs by their egg deposition under the bark. "

We are starting to intro our clones into flower and harvest the Closet Lady in the next week or so. I think I will dust all the clones with DE before introing them. I think I saw trichs with the magnifer today standing up. My micro has not arrived in the mail yet.

BUT THE RED SOX WON TONIGHT AGAINST THE YANKEES!!! :goodjob:

Hey All, Been a few days since last post. Been canning peaches, tomatos and picking blueberries!! Also the Red Sox won today!! Yeah!
On the growing front, got my microscope today. Could not believe it is only about 2 inches big.... I looked at some trichs and I think alot are milky. But also thought a few were amber. Do I have to take samples from different places on the plant???
Here are some new pictures!! Everyone loves pictures!!
2010_0809Monday0013.JPG

2010_0809Monday0018.JPG

2010_0809Monday0022.JPG

2010_0809Monday0024.JPG

This last one has spots from the leafjumpers. I currently have not seen any for 2 days. Might have gotten that cleared up!!

Thanks Samewisee, not sure of the strain. Just a bag seed experiment that did much better than I thought it would. We have 3 clones from this girl ready to put into flower as soon as we harvest this girl. Plan to keep them short, flower them fast if possible.

very nice, looks good..

looking at different buds on the plant will give you a more overall picture of what the trichs are doing.. IMO anyways,,

definately loking yummy.. :yummy:

Anyone ever use Hot Shot no-pest strips? Just discovered the jumpers in the veg room. We repotted the clones today, found a SLUG in one of the pots just now!!! as well as some jumpers hopping around. Of course the soil came from bags that were outside.....

Hi Timac,i haven't personaly,but if you check out Irishboys journal sounds like he swears by them,as does others.It sounds like quite a few others does as well.Good luck on the "bugs":roorrip:

HH

Thanks HH, I will check it out! In our flower closet, thought I had done away with the jumpers, but found a different variety today!! Ohhh...

Potted up 3 clones today in soil from the cloner, in anticipation of the harvest. One is looking quite limp. Misting it..thinking of covering it.

Have 3 clones from the closet lady aka as Alice (soon to be harvested), that have been vegging for a few weeks in soil and are strong and ready to go.

Updated photos on Alice aka Closet Lady:
silhouettes on the shade... has two colas.
2010_0812thursday0002.JPG

A somewhat body shot!!!
2010_0812thursday0005.JPG

One top
2010_0812thursday0004.JPG

The other top
2010_0812thursday0007.JPG

The bottom
2010_0812thursday0006.JPG

WHAT IS THIS?? Hope not what I think it is!
2010_0812thursday0014.JPG

Just to introduce you all, This is Solar Girl, a clone from a female planted outside. We let her get to tall and lanky, so will be experimenting with training of some sort. She was vegged a few weeks and has been in the flower closet about 2 weeks now. I can check the book tomorrow if date needed. We have 3 sisters we just potted up from the cloner today. Also 3 clones from Alice that are ready to go to the flower closet as soon as we harvest Alice.

Solar Girl sprayed her with some DE because of the jumpers....
2010_0812thursday0016.JPG

Back
Top Bottom